Our Weird Family : Forum : Hi all!

[reply] [quote]

Re: Phoenix rising from the ashes

9 Years Ago

hi folks!

Our bards refer to a born-again experience ... sometimes ... as a phoenix rising from the ashes. Its a sign of renewal and regeneration in our lives. Its not a pretty experience ... but its remarkable for the way it brings us to understand what we never thought possible ... and it turns every young playful mind into a picture of adult.

DH Lawrence in ' The Rainbow ' referred to it ... in the life of an individual coming to terms with his individual nature. However the term ' fire-bird ' has always been there from the days of Osiris ... Isis ... and their son Horus ... in the Egyptian experience. They referred to it as the bird that brings knowledge.

We meet people these days ... who bring a strong indication of integrity in their affairs ... are strict as to facts ... but otherwise are wonderful people ... full of the appreciation for life ... and the demands it makes on our capability. Here's to all the risen Phoenix of the world ... cheers!

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Sharing Wit and Wisdom

9 Years Ago

Hey! Just wanted to share some wit and wisom from a good friend of mine. I often go back through their previous chapters. Its defininetly worth looking at, especially if you are in need of a smile.  
[reply] [quote]

Re: Enchanted Forest

9 Years Ago

hi all!

The forest has always been a place of legends and stories ... that would otherwise not get told in the social environments that we live in. The stories of elves, goblins and fairies fill our interest from Shakespeare's ' mid-summer night's dream ' ... to Rudyard Kipling's ' Jungle Book.' Its as much a place to go to when we look for our way through the paths of reason ... or simply to hide among the woods of our escapist's dreams.

pic above is of a forest scene in Aceh, Sumatra. Its as old as the hills and yet to the traveler of its paths ... its an adventure reborn in man.

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Faces and Masks

9 Years Ago

hi all!

I was so surprised to find this pic among the abo of Australia ... at the festival of dance in Laura ... N Queensland. Its a celt image that I experienced a few days ago ... and my guides agreed with me that its probably a depiction of the self as the earth. The ' strings ' represent the root of trees that the earth mother is expected to use as her head.

So I searched for such a pic and look at what I found.

There's a entire lists of masks we might encounter in tribal life ... each a depiction of human personality and identity. Makes for an interesting evening of discovery.

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Camping

9 Years Ago

hi folks!

I sometimes miss camping out ... making out with improvisations ... and simply learning to deal with what comes. Cooking over an open flame ... and sleeping in the tent under the stars. And in the night ... that get-together around the fire-place and trading stories and adventures ... that was really a lot of fun.

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Traffic Jams

9 Years Ago

hi all!

Life in the big city is not without a jam on the roads ... almost on a daily basis. About 15 years ago I moved to a smaller town to take a job ... and I all but forgot what traffic jams were. It was an amazing feeling ...

Sometimes the little blessings count ... regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Luger Ribeye

9 Years Ago

hi all!

Its called Peter Luger Steakhouse, New York and its billed as follows :

' When you’ve been serving steaks since 1887, you’ve probably learned a thing or two. The legend of Peter Luger in Brooklyn hangs over most steakhouses in the world like a godlike presence.' And here's the pic that proves their claim:

Good enough to eat I guess ... regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Babies

9 Years Ago

hi all!

Every family has that special moment that defines what a family is about. The arrival of a new baby changes everything ... and transforms the husband / wife relation to father and mother. I remember it took me a while to get used to the term ' your daughter.' Its a fantastic experience for any father and mother.

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: A Park Bench

9 Years Ago

hi all!

A bench in the park ... something quite irresistible in the times when things are going way over the top. It helps to take a moment to pause and ponder on issues. It feels sometimes that it wants us to ... and sometimes we make a friend in that.

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Reflections

9 Years Ago

hi all !

He's referred to as the Narcissus ... who fell in love with his own image ... reflected in a pool. The experience is both a bane as evil in the world ... and is also the basis of our joys. Man in the middle grapples with the experience ... like taming a wild horse ... fighting a bull ... or coming to terms with the balance of relations with the two. And we keep trying ...

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Birth of Stars

9 Years Ago

hi folks!

The pic is that of the constellation Orion where new stars are born ... called baby stars ... before they grow into full fledged stars. Its a place of new hopes and expectations for the universe in its tireless journey for self perfection. The pic is an actual photo by Hubble telescope.

regards ... And Merry Christmas Everyone ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: A New Start

9 Years Ago

hi all!

Here's a chart that would take the chill off anybody's bones. If we ever felt we are too old ... too tired ... to lazy ... to take that bold step for the start of something new ... think again ... its not a rule. The chart shows how some of the biggest businesses were started by folks ... close to their sunset years.

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Apollo

9 Years Ago

hi all !

I've been visiting with the Greek legends recently and came across the temple of Apollo at Delphi. Its in ruins today but was at one time the center of activity in Greece ... with the work of the oracle that drew the world's leaders from near and far to consult on their future. It stands as a reminder of the past that we came from ... and the way that we managed ourselves in relation to the Gods and the stars.

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Art

9 Years Ago

hi folks!

No its not the latest in vacuum designs ... its an exhibit at the Modern Art Museum, Fort Worth ... no doubt drawing the view to the design on products ... and the art we engage in our daily lives. Would be useful if it vacuumed by itself though.

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Merry X'mas

9 Years Ago

hi all!

Here's the scene in Malaysia for Christmas this year. This one is entitled ' rustic woodland ' and its at Utama Shopping mall in Petaling Jaya. Merry Christmas!

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Hung Over

9 Years Ago

Hi all 

Beliefs ( from Limericks : Brookston Beer Bulletin )

Every man has beliefs he holds dear,
Where his faith is unshakably clear.
My belief is devout,
With no shadow of doubt:
I believe that I’ll order more beer.

regards ... ( hic ) ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Plato

9 Years Ago

hi all!

Platonic love no doubt exists and while it does it reminds us that friendships between the genders is always possible. On the occasions when we recall such moments ... it helps to refresh our friendships with the other side. 

On the other hand ... even Scientific American suggests ... that in any platonic relations ... romance is always just around the corner. Oscar Wilde had this to say about platonic love ... with his usual wit on issues:

"Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love but no friendship" 

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Marmalade

9 Years Ago

hi folks!

It hits us sometimes ... we don't know where it comes from ... marmalade! ... I've got to have marmalade! I spread it on the bread ... have my black coffee ready ... and holy pieta! ... its just what I wanted to settle me down ... and look at issues plainly. Okay ... maybe with an English civil attitude on society. It works!

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Rocky

9 Years Ago

hi all!

Isn't there something about rocky wave swept beaches? The way that it brings a warm feeling of support ... confidence ... as if we can take some risks on the rocks and we won't be hurt. The sensation of being hidden out in the open ... behind the rocks ... away from the maddening crowd ... a moment to our thoughts and feelings and the great big sea.

pic is from Monterey Bay, California

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: 2015

9 Years Ago

Happy New Year to the Weird Family and all its members. May 2015 bring new opportunities to all!

pic is of the Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur

regards ... Uncle