Our Weird Family : Forum : Hi all!

[reply] [quote]

Re: Hi all!

9 Years Ago

Finally some stable Wifi! The past few weeks have been very busy and eventful. I'm fine, just getting sick and tired of breathing sand. Made some new friends that I'm sure going to miss once we get where we're going.

I missed you guys and gals quite a bit and do apologize for not being available for the last few weeks.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Let's Twist Again

9 Years Ago

hi Folks!

Is the twist back? Maybe its just sort of around. Well I saw this costume for doing the twist ... and figured it still retains ... the charm of the craaaaaaaazy ... and that light feel to the hips and buns ... for putting it through the twister. Check this out!

hi Hime! ... off on a posting? Is your note a little ominous? You're going to be okay?

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

9 Years Ago

I'm fine uncle. The sand in the area they had me go to tended to just hang in the air when the wind didn't blow, especially after sandstorms. It made my allergies act up and due to an incident a few years ago that forced me to inhale the poison from a a gov. style roach bomb for about an hour while trying to cook I get a chronic dry cough when ever my allergies act up. All the sand really didn't help the issue.

I'm not going home quite yet, but I'm back at the base I was supposed to be at for the rest of my time out here. On a plus note I can now officially say I was a Tuskegee Airmen for three days. I had a blast busting my tail with hard work with a pair of good friends. 
[reply] [quote]

Re: Constellations

9 Years Ago

hi folks!

The stories of the constellations are endless and they continue today ... in the pursuit of life in the universe and here on earth. They are many ways that man has come to view it ... drawn largely from his own experiences of life ... in the places where they live. It provides for endless hours of contemplation on life.

I finally came to draw on my own experiences and began to identify with Cepheus ... the home ... as the place we begin life ... and where we may come to as the end. From the bear ... Ursa Major and Canis life began ... then moved to the home Cepheus. From Cepheus it draws a pic of the King Cepheus ... his wife Cassiopeia ... and their daughter Andromeda. It plots the journey of life thereafter ... along the mighty Eridanus ... that brings man to the earthly experience ... encounters the anima world as the zodiac ... then climbs back up ... through Ophiucus ... serpens ... to Bootes ... who turns life around with a plough to understand it. And then we return home to Cepheus. Fascinating! Quite a family.

hi Hime ... great to hear that you are doing fine.

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Dr. Stephan Hoeller

9 Years Ago

hi folks!

I'd like to introduce you guys to Dr. Stephan Hoeller ... a former Hungarian ... in the US ... with the Gnostic Society ... Glendale ... Los Angeles. He's one of the speakers on gnosticism ... I found most coherent ... and open to critical analysis of the issues. You'll find the recordings of his public lectures here : 

Its a great introduction to religious studies ... and brings a scholarly approach to understanding faith ... the changes taking place ... the nature of internal experiences ... and how to make sense of them. Check it out!

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Arthur Conan Doyle

9 Years Ago

hi all!

He was a great writer ...especially the series ' Sherlock Holmes ' ... but Arthur Doyle ... will be remembered for that one expression in his stories ... that became the hallmark of logical thinking.

'It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth'.

Its a maxim that has seen me through a great many hurdles in life.

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Music

9 Years Ago

hi folks!

When did man first learn music? The records say sometime in 60,000 bc ... with a flute made from bear bone.

The time at which it occured ... helps us today to trace when man may have first learnt to speak. The Cossacks claim to a recorded history of about 140,000 years ... and record man's early contact with mind ... speech ... and society. Their folk hero ... Mamay the musician ... is depicted in their paintings ... in a variety of features and profile ... that may resemble people from all over the world today. A curiosity certainly ... of man's early cultural origins.

The Indian sage Narada ... is reported to have conveyed his message of the Gods ... to the Indic ... through music ... and its experience. Here's Narada below:

Makes a great case for the common origins of man ... in the family of the world ... and sometimes it helps to be reminded of it.

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re:Hippie Lifestyle

9 Years Ago

hi folks!

Hippie lifestyle ... from the 60s ... that promised many things ... mostly the ideal of love ... especially in a century of two devastating world wars. Say what you will ... I think they signaled the beginning of a new world that we continue to see unfolding today ... in a greater refinement.

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Little Rascals

9 Years Ago

hi all!

Remember Spanky from little rascals?

George McFarland ( 1928 - 1993 ) ... who played Spanky ... had this to say about his role ... years later ... in his business career ... as area manager for Philco-Ford. The Independent (UK) reports his comment as follows:

' Although Spanky enjoyed these nostalgic come-backs among his now grown-up fans, at heart he regretted his years as a film star: 'If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have done it. I would have gone to college and by now I'd be the president of some corporation.' But he would not have made the whole world a happier place.'

Makes me feel sad somehow ... and reminds me of other such ' sacrifices ' people make in their careers. He was funny though ... Thanks for the memories George.

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Swarovski

9 Years Ago

hi folks!

Swarovski Crystal are the people famous for their production of crystal accessories ... gifts ... fashion ... watches ... ornaments ... figurines. Below is a heart shaped pendant design ... that featured to look like a precious stone ... earth colors to convey warmth ... and the suggestion of space ... and a collage of issues like a mind. There's much to be said for design ... in the way we look at something ... isn't there?

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Totems

9 Years Ago

hi all!

Totem poles ... we have all seen them. They signify the important personalities ... in the mind of the native man ... and is viewed as a relation to man's existence on earth.

However on closer inspection we find that its representative either of the descent of man into the world's experience ... or man's ascent to higher species. On the downward direction ... it refers to the dreams of the psyche / mind of birds /octopus ... to two types of man ... before manifesting as the ape on earth.

But upward ... does it refer to the advancement of man into higher species? Curious isn't it? The pic above is a totem design that ... is common to many native tribes.

regards ... Uncle

[reply] [quote]

Re: Chickens

9 Years Ago

hi folks!

Had this sudden rush of memory about the chicken house we had when I was young. My mother had decided to raise the chicks and left the eggs to hatch. Pretty soon we had a big population ... and to a young man it was a great opportunity ... to wonder about the mystery of life ... and the way the mother hen brings life to the world. Oh yes ... and the cockerel.

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Crabs

9 Years Ago

hi folks!

If you haven't seen this ... its gonna cause you to scream. 120 million crabs ... migrate across Christmas Island ... shutting down roads ... sports games ... in homes ... and everywhere else. Seeing is believing. Try seeing it without thinking of a seafood dish ... or the famous Cajun jambalaya.

Crabs ( pic above )

Jambalaya ( below )

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Chris McClure

9 Years Ago

hi all!

Here's someone I ran into on the Webber trail ... he's a rancher and poet ... down in Texas. Just figured he'll want to get into ranching and started out doing just that. Comes across as an old timer cowboy ethos ... ' speak straight and don't apologize ' credo of the mountain men. He may well be the last one. Just mousy on over to his site at :

and check out his lifestyle ... poetry and attitude to life. Have a nice day!

regards ... Uncle

[reply] [quote]

Re: Scrabble

9 Years Ago

hi folks!

When was the last time any of you sat together with the family for a game of scrabble? What a great way to spend the time ... and have some fun. For the kids its a great way to improve on their vocabulary. A wonderful game and quality family time.

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Writing in the Third Person

9 Years Ago

hi folks!

I received a story for review that's written in the third person ... that's the one when a person writes from a unnamed source ... that refers to his impulses in a setting in which he creates responses based on his preferences. I'd like to suggest that the ' third person view ' here is a semblance of his mother ( or the all seeing eye ) ... who coaches us in our view of ourself when we are growing up.

Third person accounts are extremely useful as an introduction to our actions as an individual ... before we take full accountability and responsibility for our actions. As a result third person accounts are set in fiction while first person writings relate to the existing reality of life. Understanding the personality of the third person would be useful. A useful observation I think for writers.

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

9 Years Ago

I agree with you there Uncle. Frist person is good and all, but I can rarely read it. All the I said this and I said that gets repetitive, and its supposed to I know, but I can't stand reptetitiveness. I prefer reading in third person. I'm trying to change that about myself though, and have been getting myself to read and even write in first person occasionally. I've made some progress, but I'll always prefer third person of first.   Hope you all are having a good day! I did yesterday. got to shake a Major General's have and have a bery short and brief conversation with him. I also did 3.61 miles on the eliptical during our workout break, which was cut short so, 3.61 miles in less than thirty five minutes. All in all it was a very good run. -Hime
[reply] [quote]

Re: In The Theater

9 Years Ago

hi folks!

Here's one for the album of memories ... Sitting in a darkened theater ... feeling the chill of the air-conditioner ... the attention totally absorbed on the screen ... at the dialogue ... the way the story unfolds ... the drama of lives ... and to be in complete absorption of the scene before our eyes.

The movie above is Castle Keep ( 1969) starring Burt Lancaster, Peter Falk ... directed by Sydney Pollack. Its an episode in the Battle of the Bulge ... when a American unit takes over a castle and have to defend themselves from the advancing Germans. The film was shot in winter ... and somehow the chilling cold scenes ... mixed with saving lives ... worked so fantastically great. Burt of course ... captures the ear ... in the way he delivers his lines.

A bout of nostalgia folks ... sudden and unexpected ...

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Tea Anyone

9 Years Ago

hi there!

Anybody fancy a nice cup of tea? I was just in the mini-market shopping for something new to try out. Figured I'll cut down on my coffees ... so I checked out the tea counter. Wow! The varieties of tea these days ... amazing ! A great change from the usual idea of milk tea served in china. Finally settled on black tea with apple flavor. Will try it when I get home.

Have a nice day!
regards ... Uncle

[reply] [quote]

Re: Hello Magazine

9 Years Ago

hi all !

Hello magazine may be reasonably new in the world of glitz and glamor ... but I picked up a copy recently and was pleasantly entertained by the features ... articles ... and pics. The write is first class and avoids any gratuitous remarks. Practical ... interesting ... and makes great relevance to the readers' lifestyle.

The publishers have set up branches /franchises all over the world ... and the magazine here includes a fair share of local news ... celebrities ... and lifestyle. Makes for a great read and helps a person stay in touch. Get a copy today ... check it out!

regards ... Uncle