Our Weird Family : Forum : Hi all!

[reply] [quote]

Re: Muscle

9 Years Ago

hi all!

Hime ... thanks for the comment. I don't expect that its too complicated ... but its nice to get a friendly word ... on how to do it right ... you know what I mean.

I should made my own position clear first ... I'm sorry. I went through a separation with my wife about ten years ago. The first year was the hardest ... but towards the 4th or 5th year I was starting to do better. Then one day ... suddenly ... for about a week ... I was consumed by a strength ( muscular ) that amazed me. It felt like ten men ... it dismissed by usual avoidance of fights ... it projected a public aura in my image ... and brought a strength ... to decisions I was making.

I don't work out myself ... used to do some when I was young. But this new physical sensation of strength ... made me feel beautiful. ' Might is beautiful ' ... I was saying all week ... yet it handled others with understanding. As an academician I have always been partial to viewing things ... with some informed view and I had always related respect with a knowing sense. But here was something ... that told me to re-think the whole thing again ... and I've been filled with enthusiasm to know.

The feeling left after a week ... and I was suddenly feeling that I wanted to work out ... to recover the experience ... but put it off. Anyway I thought I might talk to someone about it. I came to know that some women understand it ... on account of the relation they keep with their men ... particularly the muscular type ... than again there are obviously women who work out themselves.

There's a significant difference here about beauty from looks ... love ... and plain strength and I think its worth a look. How about yourself? Do you work out?

Uncle
[reply] [quote]

Re: Hi all!

9 Years Ago

Yes I do work out, but its more because my job demands it. Its part of being in the military after all. I'm actually trying to loose some weight thats been sitting on my thighs and hips for years. People tell me i'm overweight when I'm not, is mainly just the way my body is shaped as well as how tiny I am compared to most others I work with. My higherups actually have me workig out with thim on a daily basis after work for at least an hour sometimes two. We rotate the muscle group we work ou each day so we don't overwork anything. It's helped me quite a bit. Last PT Eval I did fourty nine sit ups in a minute, twenty seven push ups in a minute, and ran a mile and a half in fourteen minure and thirteen seconds.  I'm hoping to improve even more before my next one. I actually like the way I feel after a good work out. it helps destress me as well as take out any built up agression (working in a dining facility is far more stressful than most realize)
[reply] [quote]

9 Years Ago

hi folks!

hi Hime! ... wonderfully put ... it must feel good to be that fit ... a matter of being in touch with everything you come across ... and be able to make eye contact. Goodness ... you are in great shape.

It reminded me of Shibumi ... the book by Trevanian. This guy lives in the Basque country ... has a Japanese girlfriend ... runs into problems with the CIA ... but is in such incredible form ... that he can kill simply by applying the right pressure on a part of the body. Shiatsu ... isn't it?

I have a question for you. They say the SEALS training ... involves swimming across a frozen stretch of sea ... and when you arrive ... they offer you a cup of hot chocolate ... but tell you that by refusing it ... you score more points. What motivates a soldier to do that? 

Uncle
[reply] [quote]

9 Years Ago

Eh, I don't know that much about SEALS, as I'm an Air Force woman, but I'd say it's mostly about pride. We fight tooth and nail to gain our comrades respects, all soldiers do. As we get that respect many of us grow more pride in ourselves. I actually suffered from a lack of pride and self confidence when I joined. I've come a long wat in the nearly 5 years I've been on active duty. I've also learned how much it hurts to have our pride shattered when we get too cocky. It took me a few months to bounce back and stop being depressed when I lost my stripe due to PT issues. Its why I'm pushing myself so hard. I don't want to to feel that shamed pain again. As it is, I nearly lost my job because of the mistake that cost me that stripe. That shamed depression is something I never want to feel again. Sorry if I rambled a bit. I'm currently overseas, killing time on break at work and tired as all hell. I'm lucky to be in a safe location, but that don't mean its easy to get any real rest while sleeping at night. I usually manage 3-4 hours of sleep sometimes less out here.  As far as being able to kill a person with the right pressure in the right place, just about anyone can do it. My dad jokingly almost knocked me out using a pressure point before I joined. I just don't remember where the pressure point he used was.
[reply] [quote]

Re: F-18

9 Years Ago

hi folks!

hi Hime! ... how are you doing?

I was on the Malibu highway ... one time some years ago ... driving to Santa Barbara. Suddenly ... an F-18 jet ... descended over the car ... and virtually paused in the air ... not more than 10 feet over the beach. And just as suddenly ... it did a hard right and climbed away.

I was breathless ... and I still remember the exhaust ... like two fire balls ... taking a hard look at me. It was like a huge bird ... so incredibly graceful and natural. Didn't feel like a machine at all.

I guess the family is going to be real proud to know that you're in the air force. Where are you stationed? Are you getting to see a bit of the world?

Uncle

[reply] [quote]

9 Years Ago

I'm doing fine, than you for asking, Uncle. I managed a decent nights sleep for once. Today is Mongolian Barbeque day my work. I look forward to it every week.  The F-18 is a mighty fine bird. Of course I don't get to see them often, seeing as I work in a kitchen. The closest I get is directing traffic during air shows, which is fun depending on who I'm partnered up with for the day and positioned for the day. How are you today?
[reply] [quote]

Re: Beer and Orange

9 Years Ago

hi all!

Here's something you should try. Mix a can of beer with a can of orange juice. Drink it and you'll swear that's the way all beer should taste. The beer flavor mixes with the orange to give a citrus flavor ... that's absolutely smooth ... and takes care of the after taste that accompanies beer. Its fantastic.

Hime hi! ... I'm just fine. I was going to tell you about the time I spent ... about a month ... visiting Tokyo and Kyoto ... in Japan. It was a work / tour thing. Visited the Golden Pagoda in Tokyo ... the Ryonji Temple in Kyoto ... and the nightlife in Shinjuku. I was trying to get a feel for what Yukio Mishima wrote ... about the golden pagoda. Was quite an experience. How's Japanese society in these times? Are they into anything new?

Uncle
[reply] [quote]

9 Years Ago

I haven't been to Japan, though I'd love to go there someday. I've been through Germany though, which was pretty cool. I've some friends in Japan that have been there since the tsunami. From what they tell me everything is nearly back to normal now.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you today, Uncle. I had to go to the base clinic after work because I got bite my a spider and it was swelling pretty bad. (was stuck there for about an hour then had to wait for the bus back tot he dorms) I don't know what type it was cause I killed it when it bite me and it was so small I thought it was an ant at first. I'm good though. Just taking antibiotics and trying not to scratch where its still swollen. It doesn't hurt, just itches like hell.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Spiders

9 Years Ago

Hi all!

Hi Hime! ... goodness dear girl ... glad to hear you are okay. There's a story in the Greek about Athena and spiders. So happens ... that Athena and Arachne ... get into a argument about who is a better weaver. I guess that means ... who understands life better.

Athena ... given to her strength of body ... kills Arachne ... but later admits that Arachne is a better weaver ... and she is brought back to life as a spider.

Is yours an allergic reaction? Remember Spiderman?

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

9 Years Ago

I'm not sure if it is. I was born with extremely sensitive skin. I burise very easily. Ever since I was little when ever something bit or stung me no matter what it was the bite would become a small welt. I think that's the case here just slightly worse because of the spider venom. Right now its about the size of my hand. I've a phobia of spiders, inherited it from my dad. Last night was horrible. The bite made it hard to get comfortable and my roommate did something I told her I wasn't comfortable with. She brought a guy into the room. After hours. I sleep in inappropriate attire for a guy to be in he room regardless of being under a blanket. I had an anxiety attack. I went straight for a higher up and now everyone is acting like I was in the wrong. This is why I don't hang out with people...
[reply] [quote]

Re: Cabin by the Lake

9 Years Ago

hi all!

Here's something I thought I might share with everyone ... about our common place ... to chat ... while in the family. Its a cabin by the lake ... with a patio ... to view the scenery.

hi Hime! ... I hear you. It takes a bit to share your space with others ... especially in common living conditions. You can do something about that. I used to be very personal about my privacy ... but I did some reading ... Mishima ... then I joined a club like Planet Romeo ... put up some pics of myself ... semi nude ... and gradually learnt to take it easy.

I found that its not so much about accommodating others ... but an opportunity to discover my own sexuality. It opens the mind to possibilities. Its worked out great ... and I find myself more comfortable with my body.

How's the pic?

regards ... uncle

[reply] [quote]

9 Years Ago

Sorry I haven't been on recently. I was on a hunting trip. Managed to bag some deer while I was out. 
[reply] [quote]

Re: Dementia

9 Years Ago

hi all!

Here's a sobering thought. The NYT says that expenditures on dementia are as high as heart disease or cancer ... and they expect that it'll double by 2040. As chronic diseases go ... this is viewed as ' skyrocketing.'

That can mean only one thing ... people must create awareness of their lifestyles and attitudes ... and find a way to preserve their enthusiasm for life.

Hypnos hi! ... good to see you back. Had a great time on the hunt I expect. Any stories to share?

regards ... uncle
[reply] [quote]

9 Years Ago

Have you ever trying hitting a squirrel with a rifle? Now the rifle is 50 cal. and if you don't hit the head it's a useless kill. I spent a good 5 hours hunting squirrels with my 50 cal. mussleloader, and it was an interesting experience trying to make sure they were all head shots, but by Artemis I managed it. I then spend the rest of the day hunting deer with my Compound bow. I didn't see any deer for a few days, but when I did I managed a clean kill, straight through the heart and lungs. Tasted pretty good too.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Hunting

9 Years Ago

hi all!

Hypnos hi ... A friend of mine hunts wild boar ... some twenty miles from here ... in the Malayan range. I don't go much for shooting game ... but keep my shooting to the pistol range. But I can say I used to be pretty good with a catapult on birds and squirrels. My grandpa used to catch bats on nets spread out near cherry trees.

I hear the muzzle loader is getting popular ... no doubt it adds to the fun of the sport ... and its sporting nature. Is it true that muzzle loader owners are also history buffs?

Hunting with a bow ... now that must take a person back. I read your write at your site. That's an incredible devotion to the Old Gods. You figure they might be making a come back?

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

9 Years Ago

While I do enjoy the history a mussel loader symbolizes it has more of a personal history. It was given to my grandfather by my grandmother during the early years of their marriage. Though I can see why history buffs would be attracted to the mussle loader I wouldn't say all of them are.

As for my thoughts on the Old Gods..... I certainly hope so. The old religion have made a come back recently and is slowly gaining followers such as myself, but as I mentioned on my profile my relationship with the Old Gods is one of respect towards what they represent and the role they play in the universe. Through my devotion to the Old Gods my respect to nature itself is shown. Now I don't think of myself as those foolish tree huggin hippies that throw around the Titan goddess Gaia's name around and protect nature by protesting and chaining myself to a tree. I just enjoy the natural beauty of the planet and do what I can personally to keep it that way while praising the gods who made such beauty possible. 

Though I recognize my views are in the minority and refrain from 'preaching' my views on everyone unless asked my opinion. I hope this answers your question and I would to hear your thoughts on the matter.

Regards,

Hypnos
[reply] [quote]

Re: Meliae

9 Years Ago

hi all!

Hypnos ... how are you doing?

Thanks for sharing that info about your devotion with the Olympian Gods. I found it fascinating. My own association with Hesiod's Theogony ... I think ... is in connection with ... The Meliae. They are nymphs of the ash tree ... associated with the sugary output from the tree ... and then to honey and to honey bees.

Its engaged to refer to mind ... and is identified with the ' brazen ' race of men. I think it refers to thought ... the spoken word ... and communication. I certainly find that it sits well with my own nature ... and background as academic ... with an interest in the classics and the arts.

My interest at this time ... is to bridge the gap between myth/faith and science/common sense. I'm working to find a way to bring these into expression ... in a common perception of the experience. I think it would unite us all.

My background is Indic from India. My father migrated to Malaysia and I was born here ... among people who are referred to as ' Malay.' I find the acoustic assoc. with ' meliae ' fascinating ... and it has not been without some curious coincidences.

I share your attitude about not preaching ... but would love an exchange on issues of common concern.

regards ... Uncle
[reply] [quote]

9 Years Ago

I would love to discuss things with you, and look foreword to doing so.
[reply] [quote]

9 Years Ago

Sorry I haven't responded, Uncle. A bunch of things have been going on lately. I may not be able to get on agin for a while. Being naked near others doesn't bother me. I've no shame in my body and am used to baing mostly nude during my off hours (can't wait to get to do that again when I finally get home).  I've been hurt by guys in the past. Was molessted by a cousin and nearly raped by an ex. I don't like waking up to find someone in my room when they shouldn't be there. I get down right terrified. I had to call and talk to my husband and it took an hour for him to calm me down enough that I could get a few horus of sleep before work.  I don't want to wake up to hear someone having relations while I'm in the room. Not to mention having said relations is against the law when at deployed locations, because it can negitively effect our mission in many ways. While yes, I cockblocked them before they could get to far, she's married and as far as I am aware the guy is not her husband. Regardless that she and her husband are seperated, she's technically cheating on him and can get herself in serious trouble with the Uniformed Code of Militry Justice. I've seen people dishonorably discharged for this kind of stuff, some people just for knowing its happening and not saying anything about it. I'm not going to let her actions and decisions ruin my career. I take the Airmen's Core Values seriously. Honor, Integrity, Service before Self, these three things I live by.  I did my part by involving a higher up rather than simply kicking them out the room.
[reply] [quote]

Re: At The Park

9 Years Ago

hi all!

Here's a pic of the lake and park near here ... where I go to from time to time. The lake is near the golf course ... and not too far away from the zoo. Its a great scene to relax and let those creative thoughts flow into an expression.

Hypnos ... look forward to that chat. Hime ... nice to see you again.

regards... Uncle