Phantastic Phantasy : Forum : Your favorite type of fantasy?

[reply] [quote]

Your favorite type of fantasy?

14 Years Ago

So, curiosity has stricken me.

What is everyone's favorite type of fantasy to write?

Personally, I enjoy writing dark fantasy. Dark fantasy opens up a whole new realm of traditional fantasy, things like more dark, descriptive settings, harsher and colder characters, and incredible and dire creatures and worlds. Basically, dark fantasy helps me stretch my imagination to the realms of the dark, abstract, and just plain weird.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

When it comes to writing fantasy I seem to have an obsession with Psi. Must be something about getting into other peoples' heads. Reading fantasy is a little different. I prefer to read dark fantasy and classical fantasy, ( Tolkien, etc)

Chris K
[reply] [quote]

Re: Your favorite type of fantasy?

13 Years Ago

The forums seems really dead. *whispers*
I like writing about the alternate universe. With a smattering of dark fantasy and a touch of whimsical when I feel crazy. :D
[reply] [quote]

Re: Your favorite type of fantasy?

13 Years Ago

Yes, forums on this site are buried, and there's no email notification when someone updates a thread.  Not so great for communication. 

My favorite fantasy books have always been things like Tolkien and Eddings.  There are plenty of swords, magic, monstrous creatures etc.  My own fantasy world has turned out a bit different.  I would classify it sort of as: post-post-apocalyptic (yes a double "post" because it happened a long time ago), and steampunk with plenty of magic type stuff thrown in.