Rapture : Forum : Rapture

Re: Rapture

9 Years Ago

Alpha: The little one nods and smiles.  I pick her up and put her on my shoulder. I grunt at the girl and begin walking towards the odd splicer and the new man. After walking for several minutes we find them unconscious on the ground. It seems that the surface dweller didn't take to the Plasmid well as the little one was referring to him now as an angel. I set her down as she begins recycling the ADAM in his body by stabbing his with a syringe repeatedly. I find the odd splicer next to him, who managed to survive the surface dwellers demise along with the radio he had once clutched onto for dear life. I grunt at the girl and motion for her to pick up the radio. She does, and Atlas begin explaining that she needed to head to Neptune's bounty. I step on the odd splicer's shoulder dislocating, if not breaking it.

9 Years Ago

Lianna Rose: I look at the man. " What are you doing?"  I ask

9 Years Ago

Alpha: There's a pop and the odd splicer shoots up spouting curses. I grunt and point at the girl. (Thanks Avangeline. This is as far as we need to go.)

A Growing Group

9 Years Ago

Ivan: There were flames everywhere. There was smoke thickly clouding the air. I could hear shouts, yells along with screams with people I couldn't see nor could I reach with the way Rapture was being torn apart around me. All that I knew at the moment was that myself and my fellow factory worker if not best friend in the world, Isaac, were trying to keep out of the fighting between the rioting people as well as Ryan's minions.

"We need to get out of here!" Isaac yelled over the noise, covering his head when a gunshot missed us by inches, "When I put in an application to Fontaine's Industries, I didn't sign up for any of this! At this rate, we're going to get blown to pieces!"

"Well, be my guest, Isaac. You run and I'll follow." I replied frantically, trying my best not to choke on the blinding smogs of smoke all around us, "That is if I don't lose sight of you, anyway. Blast, the smoke here is terrible! I can't see two feet in front of me."

"We can't just run blindly around here, Ivan. Not only can we not see so far ahead of us but we have no freaking weapons to defend ourselves." Isaac exclaimed, putting a hand on my should to show he was beside me still, "Seriously, what we need is a better place to hide from the fighting here. I know! If we can get to the break room then we should be able to hole up well."

"Sounds good enough to me." I shouted, hearing someone yell out in a very unnatural voice nearby, "Lead the way. I'm right behind you. Anywhere other than here would be heaven."

Isaac, being the brave one, did as I asked of him. Keeping together, coughing a storm, we made our way slowly but surely through the smogs of smoke wafting around us. Literally, we couldn't see two feet in front of us but we still kept going. That was until a sudden size of rubble collapsed onto me, crushing me to the ground where I couldn't move nor doing anything to help Isaac begin digging me out.

"Leave it to you to get yourself into a fix!" Isaac snarled jokingly, digging at the rubble on top of me, "What would you do without me, bud?"

"Shut up!" I yelled, trying to remain calm as I felt like the debris on top of me was become heavier and heavier, "Hurry up, Isaac! I can't... breathe... I can't breathe!"

The smoke was clouding my vision, the fighting went on around me, and the pile of rubble was pressing so hard down on me. Then, with an audible pop, my shoulder freaking popped out of place and I let out the worse yell in my life!

++++++

Ivan: "AUGH!" I cry out, waking up with a start and clutching my hurt shoulder with ALPHA looming over me, "What in the hell?! That's quite the freaking wake up call, you great big tub of tin!"

As I gathered my wits back together, I came to do several things together. Firstly, I realized I'd been dreaming of my best friend, Isaac, during the beginning of the Rapture civil war. Secondly, now awake, I remembered Jack having undergone a plasmid transformation which had ended with a boom. Thirdly, a Little Sister was sticking Jack with her syringe?!

"Hey, hey, hey!" I exclaimed, gingerly getting onto my feet while holding my hurting arm and trying to get Jack from being stabbed again and again, "Don't do that! What are you doing?!"

"But he's an angel." The Little Sister exclaimed as I hauled her off - I quickly stopped when ALPHA snarled at my actions, "Yes, an angel."

"Yeah? Well, angel or not, quit stabbing the guy! He's not dead... Or so I hope. He just underwent a rather violent, first time plasmid experience!" I shouted, trying to check Jack's pulse, "Yeah, he ain't dead. He's just unconscious. How he's still passed out after you stabbed him is beyond me but he's alive and in need of medical attention!"

I leaped up onto my feet, looking around for any medical station nearby. If I was lucky, I could hack the machine and get a free medical item - YES! There was a medical station at the bottom of some nearby stairs which I practically leaped down and then got to work hacking... which made me realize my arm was all better? On it's own? How?

"What in the hell?" I wondered, flexing my fingers that had been unresponsive moments ago thanks to ALPHA, "How am I healed... without medical... Wait, are my veins glowing?"

Indeed, my veins were glowing. They rippled with flashy blue light, illuminated the bones within my arm. Oh no... But how... How was I using a plasmid here? I never took one, Jack had!

Oh, crap, Jack! I needed to get to him with the medical kit which, with a "DING", I hacked for free out of the medical station. Then with a burst of speed, I ran back to the top of the stairs and found the Little Sister inching closer to Jack's still form. In turn, I ran forward waving my arms and hands around crazily which scared the little one away.

When ALPHA seemed to give me a crude look in turn to my antics, I pointed at him and exclaimed swiftly, "Not my fault, not my fault! Keep that little one away from our friend here! Jack isn't dead. Watch, I'll show you."

Then, as I went to work using the medical supplies on Jack, as I checked his pulse, I noticed something I hadn't noticed before. My party of misfits was growing it seemed. For watching me from another spot opposite of ALPHA was a young woman, a little younger than me, with red hair, firm eyes and a confident poise. She was no splicer. That much was certain to me.

Instinctively, without being able to help myself, I checked where my guns were on my person. In turn, perhaps out of instinct also, the red haired girl showed me that she too had a gun at hand at which I raised my own hands in surrender while exclaiming, "Whoa, whoa, easy! Easy. I have a patient here, see? My name's Ivan. Ivan Devinchi. And... you would be?"

(Jack Heralding is the main character of Bioshock I. His actual name is Jack and he's the son of Andrew Ryan. Remember his first experience in taking a plasmid? He falls and goes unconscious. Either way, it would be best for the story line to keep him alive. I'll be in charge of him, don't worry yourselves.)

9 Years Ago

Alpha: I snarl at Ivan and the little one translates for me. " Daddy says, ' don't touch my little one again if you want to keep breathing.' " She says with a giggle as I gently pick her up and put her on my shoulder. I lumber to the other side of the room to as not scare anyone and keep any would be splicers at bay. Suddenly I feel light headed and grasp my helmet.  Seconds later I pass out.

I see myself as I once was, human. Once the ' protector program' was started up I was one of the few who was selected to undergo the transformation. I was told that all others before me had died during the process. I remember unimaginable pain as I was stripped of my flesh and my body was grafted to my suit. After that was done I found that as a side effect of the transformation I lost my voice and could only moan, growl, or grunt to communicate. After my body stabilized with the suit they brainwashed me to the point where my priority would always be my charge, but allowed me to keep my intellect, or at least part of it, to better protect my charge. 
I wake to the sound of my little one crying, " Wake up Mr. bubbles." over and over. I slowly come back and, after taking off my drill, pick up the little one and cradle her to comfort her and myself. I sense movement and snarl ferociously with the incinerate ready. The movement goes back and I return to comforting the little one.

Moving On

9 Years Ago

Ivan: As I'd said beforehand during my first meeting with Jack, I was no splicer. During the civil war for Rapture, I had seen more than enough plasmids abused by the power hungry and most of the individuals that had abused such power had ended up as mere puppets for Andrew Ryan to control today.

Yet, whether I had it to or not, my clean steak with drugs had come to an end today. Somehow, as jack had undergone his own experience in accepting a plasmid into his DNA, the shock wave from earlier must have fused into my skin or something. How did I know this? Well, as I got around to eventually bringing Jack back to consciousness, my arm wasn't broken anymore but healed/regenerated by some kind of electronic power in my veins.

Then, whenever I snapped my fingers together, the hairs on the back of my arm became straighter than boards and  an eerie feeling filled my being... like I could blast anything into oblivion with a mere thought.

Anyway, with my new powers or whatnot, with new friends or companions in my group of misfits, I succeeded in getting jack onto his feet. It took several moments for him to register what had happened since he'd taken his first dose of plasmid. When he heard that he'd been stabbed by a Little Sister, he looked slightly sicker than usual.

"If you need to throw up, that's fine. I won't judge." I explained, gesturing to a corner where Jack could do his business, "Just make it quick. We have a schedule to keep, remember. We've lost enough time lying around here getting kicked and stabbed when we should have been going to Neptune's Bounty for Atlas."

"I know that, I know that." Jack groaned, taking a few more moments to adjust himself to what he'd been through since he'd taken a plasmid and had adopted the electric bolt power in turn, "I just... need a little more time to get my bearings together."

For several more moments, I waited for Jack to pull himself back together. Finally, he did. Then, with a plan, we headed back towards the path we had formerly been on to get to Nepturne's Bounty. Only this time, well, we were a bit more energetic and prone to static shocks that made us yelp from time to time.

9 Years Ago

Alpha: I keep my distance from the others as the little one, being what she was, would keep trying to drink their DNA. I didn't mind it, it allowed me time to bond with her, not only delaying my own body's shutdown, but perhaps keep me sane long enough to reach Elena. I knew where we were going by heart as I've walked all around Rapture. So when the little one said she found an angel I followed her and kept watch while she drank than caught up with the other no problem. Though I couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was about to happen.

next Next Page
last Last Page