Scary Story Writers Group : Forum : new game

new game

16 Years Ago

I would love for us to play some writing games as a group. If anyone is interested, let me know. There is so much to learn from each other. What if we played a game where the Mod posts one sentence and it has to appear somewhere in the story, or poem that we write. We could also play surrealist games, and write a collective story. One person starts, then gives only the last three sentences for the next person to go off. Everyone knows the basic premise.One paragraph per person. This could be a lot of fun! What do you guys think?

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I will play...don't know how well I'll do but I'll try it for you guys. :)

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Great! O.k. fellow sara-beara, What one sentence begins the story? It will be in first person, with a male charecter - a young man (yearly 20's?) , in rural midwest. Modern day. Each of us will have two paragraphs to write, and Sarabeara , you go first. Pass the last three lines that you write to cmv ( that is all anyone can see until the game is done). After cmv, I'll have a go at it. Any other takers?

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I think this is agreat idea. Lets do it

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

So am I writing the entire two paragraphs or just the last three lines?

Maybe you should start so I can make sure I do this right...haha sorry. I'm dumb.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarabeara!
So am I writing the entire two paragraphs or just the last three lines?

Maybe you should start so I can make sure I do this right...haha sorry. I'm dumb.

The first person writes two paragraphs. The person who goes after them only knows the last three sentences of what the first person wrote. This second writer writes two more paragraphs. It continues like that - someone passes the last three lines of their two paragraphs to the next person to write the story. The majority of it is a secret until the story is done. Then we all see what we wrote .

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

And there is no way you are dumb. ::tongue::

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

So are we supposed to post the last three lines on here? Or it just keeps going through messages?

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

We could do it either way. It might be better to leave it a complete secret beyond your three lines to work from. Still, it could work either way.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I'm with you there. now where do i find the first paragraph so I can add my bit?

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

you don't get to see anything but the last three lines that the person before you wrote.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I'll play - if its still running...

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

It is ! It will be running for a while.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Where do I find this game? In the forum? I don't see it

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I think we just need to start over and post the last 3 sentences in the forum because I am completely confused. =(

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Ok, here goes...all brand new...

THE RAIN was falling and the wind picked up as I ran down the steps toward the
gates. The weapon I carried was getting soaked so I tried to keep it covered under my light black faux leather jacket. I had just reached the gate when suddenly.......

OK----I started it....now its up to you guys to keep it going!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

ummmmmmm, is this still running? If so, how do i find it? And can I still play along or am I too late? ::confused::

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I've participated in a flash fiction contest for awhile now. It's a unique game, but folks have to really want to play in order to do it.

A person posts a prompt. You have 24 hours to read the prompt and write a story under 1000 words. Ah, but there is a catch. You sign in when you read the prompt. You have ONE hour from the time you read the prompt to have the story written.

From there, you posts your story in a thread then those who write stories, read the other stories, make general comments on them and vote for their top three. Usually the contest takes 48 hours total to complete.

It really gets the creative juices flowing. It's challenging but fun.

AJ

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

AJ, I think thats what we were aiming for sort of...not at that length though! We thought we'd write a prompt..2 sentences...then someone else would pick up the story and pass it on, then someone else would write 2 sentences..something like that. Not really long or time consuming, but fun.
Wanna start it? Someone write 2 sentences to start and then we'll all take turns checking the forum on here to add to it!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Quote:
"THE RAIN was falling and the wind picked up as I ran down the steps toward the
gates. The weapon I carried was getting soaked so I tried to keep it covered under my light black faux leather jacket. I had just reached the gate when suddenly.......

A snarl came from behind and I could feel the hot air of the dogs breath on the back of my neck. My body froze as my hands shook and i reached for the gate.......

First Page first
Previous Page prev
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5