Scary Story Writers Group : Forum : YOUR SCARY STORY

YOUR SCARY STORY

16 Years Ago

Lately, alot of horror books are being turned into series or movies. 2 tv series in particular: Tanya Huff's Blood books got turned into a TV series on Lifetime called: "Blood Ties" and pretty soon, Charlaine Harris' series is going to be a series on HBO called "True Blood".
So, here's my question...if your story/book got turned into a series or movie, who would you want to play your characters and why???

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Honestly, if I ever got a movie/TV series made from one of my stories, I'd sell the movie/screen rights and wash my hands of it. There are too many horror stories (no pun intended) out of Hollywood. I would not want to watch one of my creations systematically and slowly eviscerated and dismembered until it no longer resembled anything I had ever put to paper.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Yes, it would be hard...but I dont think I could wash my hands of it! I'd agree to it if only I had the final say in the actors and a few other details. After all, as the creator, we deserve to be a part of it's conception into a movie or tv series, right?

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I was a wannabe actress before I was a wannabe writer. I've gotta say I'd want to play the part. That's just me being selfish :)

Alyssa Milano [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e63/LunaSassin/alyssa.jpg[/IMG]
or Jessica Alba [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e63/LunaSassin/alba1.jpg[/IMG] as Isabella.
Julian McMahon [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e63/LunaSassin/julian-mcmahon-advocate-magazine-08.jpg[/IMG] as Marcello.
Ryan Reynolds [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e63/LunaSassin/ryanreynolds_sm.jpg[/IMG] as Thomar.

My only hesitation would be casting Alyssa next to Julian again. I think too many people would remember them together in Charmed. And Jessica next to Julian would look like Fantastic Four. Unfortunately I can't really think of anyone else at the moment.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Excellent choices!!!!! I actually loved Charmed! Alyssa has always been one of my favorite actresses. I didnt know you wanted to be an actress. That's interesting. Are you still thinking about pursuing it?
I dont know who I'd cast...I love Luke Wilson....he could play J. W. if the real J.W. didnt want to do it!
As for Goldy....I dont know. And Razvan....I dont know any gorgeous actors with black hair and green eyes..at least not that I can think of at the moment. Jensen Ackles from "Supernatural" would be a nice addition to any cast...he is very good looking....look, you got me daydreaming now Kali! ::smile::

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Jensen Ackles, hair dye, and contacts...All you gotta do know is get Supernatural canceled so he's available.

I would be pursuing acting if I hadn't exhausted all of my options in AK. Acting is a very...cliquish...environment. I don't allow the pedophile men to hit on girls under 18 when I'm around. I don't sleep with every actor in town. I'm straight. I don't kiss the asses of "directors" who haven't graduated yet. And I don't play the politics game. Basically that makes me unwelcome up here. Oh...and MANY years ago I beat out a certain girl for a leading role in Little Women. She's now running one of the theater companies. Ooops.

Back to daydreaming. I need to think up another story so I can fantasize about more hot actors...What kind of story can we create for Brad Pitt...

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

You're funny Kali! I dont think I want "supernatural" cancelled! I love it too much!
Maybe he'd consider doing it on his free time??? ::happy::

I hear ya about the a*s kissing thing. I've gotten passed over for things at work because I dont kiss a*s and I tell people like it is. (doesnt make us real popular, but it feels good, dont it?) lol

Brad Pitt??? On this we must disagree. Never liked him...and I cannot stand Tom Cruise! ugh! yuck! ick! ::smile::

DOnt let anyone detour you from your dreams and goals...jealousy is an ugly thing and a hard thing to battle---woman can be such b*****s cant they?

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

You've got a valid point about canceling Supernatural. I don't think I'd be too happy without it.

And Brad Pit...yes, definitely. But I mean "Meet Joe Black" or "Troy" Brad Pitt. Yummy. And Tom Cruise?? He should have fallen off that cliff in MI2...Bleh. What are your thoughts on Matt Damon? He'd be my second runner up for the part of Thomar...

Gosh I'm a sucker for a man with tight abs and bulging biceps.

No a*s-kissing...yeah...that's why we're in a group call Fluffy Sugar B*****s right? Grrrr!
::drool::

I'll take up acting again when I go back to MN...

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hey, now, Supernatural is the only show I watch during the week, so don't go throwing tha C word around!!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Honestly, I'm not sure who would play who, simply because I'm not sure which story of mine could be made into a movie or tv show.

But, honestly, if one did get turned into a movie, I would like it to be either Blood Relative or A Wave From a Chimney.

If it were Blood Relative, I think I would go the route of Billy Bob Thorton as my MC, simply because he can play so many characters ands since it is a schizo vampire story, well, he would fit the bill quite nicely. The other character would probably have to be someone like the dude that played Gandelf in The Lord of the Rings.

As far as A Wave From a Chimeny is concerned, I would want the MC played by Kiefer Southerland. His wife would be played by Kim Rhodes and his father would probably be played by Nick Sands and his mother would be played by Shannon Doherty.

AJ

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

lol Aj, on Billy Bob fitting that part!

Kali, Matt Damon is not a fave of mine either. I think he is plain looking. What are your thoughts on Luke Wilson, Keanu Reeves or......Can't think of any really good looking actors right now! Im kinda picky.

As for our group FSB--oh yeah, its perfect for us! ::tongue::

What kind of acting do you want to do? As in, movies? tv? stage? Ive always thought itd be fun to act in a horror movie! But Id much rather stay behind the scenes.

Aj, Supernatural better not get cancelled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be SO mad. It is the best show on! (well, one of them). I look forward to it every week. It doesnt hurt that Sam & Dean are gorgeous. ::drool::
But aside from that, it's original and just fun to watch!
Who do you think is hotter Kali--Jensen or Jarod? I think we already know MY answer! ;)

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

ooooh - Keanue!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

::biggrin:: Apparently we have much different taste in men. Luke Wilson is kinda plain in my book...and I've just never liked Keanu.
I go between Jensen and Jared between episodes. I think Jared wins out most days, but sometimes Jensen is smokin'!

As for acting...all I've really done is theater, and I love it! But I've been told by directors and such that I'd be really great on screen. Apparently I have the unique ability to do things exactly the same countless of times in a row; every line, every move, every expression. Which is a good thing for editors in the cutting room. Screen acting is completely different though in that it's more subtle than stage. Things on stage need to be slightly over-done to come across right.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hmmm...That's a tough question, I never thought of trying to put actors into the roles of my characters. For Night Terrors, as Jacob I wouldn't mind having Hugh Laurie from House. To me, he seems like he would play a great run down man on the edge of insanity. For the part of Genea, that's a really tough one, maybe Sarah Michelle Gellar because she's one of my favorites! ::biggrin::

As far as the other stories, well that would just take too much thinking because I've got lots of different characters in each of them.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hmmm for my story (none of which has been posted on the site yet) I really haven't thought about who I'd like to play the roles. Nevertheless, here goes...

For the role of Tobias, my lead I wanted Eric Dane (the guy that plays Mark Sloan on Grey's Anatomy). The character is a slightly older man whose pursuit of knowledge may cost more than he bargained for.

For V, the temptress/mysterious stranger that leads him towards his own damnation, I think Lena Headey would work.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I dont know who Lena Headly is Drifter..but I know the guy from Grey's Anatomy since I watch that show. ;)
Good choices Pauline! Now that I've thought about it, I think I'd like Jennifer Love Hewitt to play Goldy...she'd be perfect except she'd have to color her hair.

Kali---you think Luke Wilson is plain???? Really??? He is very good looking in my opinion.
His eyes sparkle, his smile is sweet, and he just seems intelligent and funny.
As for guys like Cruise, Damon and such...they have an arrogance that is a turn off to me. Especially Pitt and Cruise. Cruise appears to be a know it all control freak. I wouldnt want him in any of my movies! (lol, listen to me! I can't even finish a chapter!)
But you are in the majority Kali...maybe Im just weird. However, you really dont like Keanu either? He isnt handsome like Jensen Ackles handsome...Jensen has perfect features where keanu is more handsome in a rugged way..I dont know.
And you also think Jared is hotter than Jensen? No way. Jared is a cutie for sure..but Jensen...those eyes...those lips...!

As for acting? You should go for it!!! If you've been told you'd be great for something in that field, than you shouldnt hesitate. Go for it! Just dont forget all of us here at WC when you're starring in a movie with Matt Damon...also, dont tell him I said he's plain looking! LOL

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I don't know if you've seen 300 but she plays King Leonidas's wife. Personally I think she's beautiful. Still, I think I'd rather go Stephen King-ish and play in my movie. Instead of the bit role I'd be the star lmao. ::cool:: No wonder my parents think I have a major ego. ::tongue::

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Well at least we know we'll never fight over who gets whom. We have very different tastes. At least we agree on Cruise though. How Katie does it is beyond me.

I was actually cast in a film in MN about a year ago. Problem was, it involved nudity. Then I found out that I was pregnant so that wasn't going to work. Can't be pregnant in a film about abortion with a nude scene.

JLH as a blond would take some getting used to. But it'd work ::smile:: she wore a blond wig in the movie Heartbreakers for a few scenes and she looked pretty good.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Ha!! See! I'm not the only one with an ego complex ::biggrin::
Lena Headly's beautiful. I love her eyes, so expressive.

Quote:
Originally posted by Drifter
I don't know if you've seen 300 but she plays King Leonidas's wife. Personally I think she's beautiful. Still, I think I'd rather go Stephen King-ish and play in my movie. Instead of the bit role I'd be the star lmao. ::cool:: No wonder my parents think I have a major ego. ::tongue::

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

lol it's nice not to be alone. ::biggrin:: I was actually invited to join a show up in NY when I graduated, but the guy who runs it is leaving for India in a couple months and won't be back for a year. It also doesn't help that he got kicked off the station he was on because he had a penchant for being too controversial. Of course the show resembled Viva La Bam and Jackass so what can people expect.

First Page first
Previous Page prev