Shadows Of Ourselves : Forum : The Darker Mind

[reply] [quote]

The Darker Mind

14 Years Ago

What do you think causes a person to commit murder and why?
[reply] [quote]

Re: The Darker Mind

14 Years Ago

A person commits murder, from my view, either to appease his or her revenge or because the person feels an impulse to kill a certain person. It depends on the way the murder was committed for a person to decipher the reason a person was/is murdered. If every cut or broken bone or painful bruise is done delicately, put in a specific place, and/or done to a certain degree as not to kill instantly, I'd say the reason for the murder was/is revenge. Now, if every cut, broken bone, or bruise is violently displayed and not well planned out, I'd say the murder was/is random/impulse/amateur revenge. In order to get away with murder, a person has to plan every detail and every possible interruption, clean up every possible trace of evidence and make sure they aren't suspected or if they are, there isn't anything linking them to the crime except the knowledge of them knowing the victim(s). Does this peak anyone's interest? *tilts head to the side, blinks quickly and smiles innocently*
[reply] [quote]

14 Years Ago

Why did I know you of all people would find this interesting? Anyway, I find it fun to imagine myself into the world of a psycopath. Anyone else done that?
[reply] [quote]

14 Years Ago

Well of course I have... lol ^_^. What insane person wouldn't?
[reply] [quote]

14 Years Ago

That depends on how you define Psychopath. Where is the line between madness and sanity? And who is to judge the difference between the two? For in truth, all of us are just a little bit insane . . .
[reply] [quote]

14 Years Ago

Ok, let's try this again.  I tried to post the other day hit the wrong button and it has gone into the abyss of the website somewhere.  I believe there are two reasons a person commits murder, accident or choice.  Accidental covers the murders that don't require any thought, they occur because of an immediate reaction.  Such as a robbery gone bad, where they didn't plan to kill anyone but they reacted to fear or shock.  It is the choice that is the most interesting, this is driven by strong emotion; such as hatred, lust, love, greed, ambition and so on. These may be plotted on for a long time or very little thought put into it.  A scorned woman may out of emotion decide to run over the man that just dumped her or cheated on her.  A serial killer general carefull stalks the person; which if you think about it is amazing that someone can become so consumed with a victim that the actual murder is not so elaborate. An assassination, now there is one that takes a serious passion for the art of dark thought; because generally that murder affects many people on two sides of an issue. All driven by passion.
[reply] [quote]

14 Years Ago

I agree with Writerski7 that we are all a little bit insane. And those are the bedt crimes, Druella. I believe that passion in murder is truly a phenomenal thing. However, whether that passion is displayed well is the problem isn't it?
[reply] [quote]

14 Years Ago

I don't know that it isn't shown more that people don't see it.  I don't mean passion as in 'love' but more as an intense emotion or feeling.  You can hate with a passion.  If you think about the drive most of them have, it is one thing for a person to consider and even plot a murder; but to follow through with it, you have to be driven.  A person can be 'nuts' and just suddenly latch onto someone of a certain personality or look; but to follow through with the plot you have to be driven by something.  The desire to commit the murder must take a forefront in your mind.  Most people at some point in their lives may find themselves angry enough to let a fleeting concept pass through their minds; such as running over someone who cut you off or pissed you off.  But to cross over the line to actually plan it, follow them looking for the perfect spot to do it....  But anyway that is my belief on it.  
[reply] [quote]

14 Years Ago

Psychopath: According to the DSM IV (Diagnostical and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) it is a false disorder. What you seem to be looking for is Antisocial Personality Disorder; in which the person consistantly violates and disregards the rights of others as a part of their natural behavior. However, according to the broad term a Psychopath could be a number of things; including the gay, the mentally retarded, the outcast and (oddly enough) the politician.   As for Druella; the idea of murder isn't clear-cut. It is both broader and more percise than the two catagories of Accidental and Choice. Indeed, US Law has thousands of pages dealing with the intracicies of Murder and Motive. Some people need little motive other than being rubbed the wrong way. Others are next to impossible to set off. In truth, we are trying to pin a shadow with a steak: every person is different, as is every case. Murder sometimes is never a priority nor an act of passion; sometimes, it's merely a 'fortunate byproduct'. However, I am not an expert on murder, so in the end I leave you with but my opinion and referances to some reliable sources nothing more.   Sincerely, Writer