Social Deviants : Forum : poets.... I plead your attenti..

[reply] [quote]

poets.... I plead your attention....

16 Years Ago

does anyone know a place where poets can go and meet other poets?  I know that you are all real and everything but the people that I fit in with ARE ALL ON A MONITOR SCREEN!  this little tidbit is quite frankly driving me INSANE...  everytime someone asks me what I enjoy doing and I say poetry they all look at me like I am a freak.... so I look at them like, yea, my I.Q. is probably higher than yours, but that doesnt make you a freak... the fact that they are entertained by Sex in the City doesn't make me think of them as a freak... just because flatulance is the funniest thing that can happen in their boring little day doesn't make them a freak...  ::sigh::  so does ANYBODY have any ideas??  or does anybody live close enough to me so I may have an actual friendship with somebody that doesn't think of me as a freak and is actually THERE? Oh well... that is my rant for the day so somebody please kick some ideas my way....

J

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I suggest open mics or other local readings in your area.  These can easily be found in your local newspaper.  Unless we're just freaks over here and are the only ones who post such things in the paper!  Good luck!!  (think coffee houses, book shops, colleges)  I know... a bit cliche...but that's where they hang around here!  Personally...I don't begrudge my friends online...they keep me sane and firmly planted in a supportive community.  Then I make my man listen to all my poems when I get home! lol  Not his thing...but he tolerates it!!  : )
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

May 1st 2009

Hello,for you guys who like this group, you should really look up the Evil Is Sexy group. HOwever your profile must demonstr ate the qualities in which they look for.

P.S. I am not oficially in the group yet but it is very interesting.