The Collaborative Writing Group : Forum : Write with me.

Write with me.

15 Years Ago

Hi everyone. I was looking through the list of groups and was very happy to find this one. I have only recently tried my hand at collaborative writitng and I love it. So saying all that to say this. I love to write poetry. Most of my work is free verse, but Im willing to try other forms.  Alot of my work is very sad as well. Let me know if you are interested.

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I've been writing mostly novels for the last 40 years but since I came to Writer's Cafe I've done a whole lot of short story, poetry, etc.  While I'd like to get back to my first love, I think I like the idea of collaborating more.

Most of my work is science fiction or mixed genre.  By that I mean I write stories that seem like they're of one particular type but end up another.  A mystery story turns into a romance; a fantasy becomes science fiction; a child's story turns multi-layered.

I'm very, very not good at free verse.  I've never wanted to put that much work into my poetry.  At least with limerick or haiku the meter or rhyme can take the burden of meaning off the piece.  By the way, the current Poet Laureate of the United States, Kay Rae is a free verse poet.  Google her sometime.  She's amazing!

So.  Would you like to collaborate with me?  Can we do a short story?
Susan