The Review Club : Forum : Featured Submission?

Featured Submission?

17 Years Ago

Here's an idea...not sure if you want to go this route. What if we featured one particular piece a week from one of the writers, and then we could discuss it on the forum as a whole group?

Don't know if the admin's are planning to just use the feature function to distribute review assignments, but it might be a different way to review and discuss each other's work, more than just putting out our own isolated review...dunno...just an idea.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

That sounds fun, I'd be for it. How would they pick, randomly, I assume? I'm sorry if this breaks the thread, but I also had a question: re-submissions. I'm sure someone will say resubmit if you would like, but I'd rather submit fresh pieces with, maybe, a place for re-submissions so people that reviewed them previously could look at progress? Maybe that's a bit too much, eh? Just thoughts. Let me get back into the backseat, where I belong.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Before we make any decisions about a featured work, we'd like your opinion. So let us know what you think.

Thanks,

Julie

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Jeff - no worries about going off topic. Reminds me of something else I need to do.

As for resubmissions - when it's your review week, do with it what you will. That said, we can only mix things up so much on the assignments for resubmission. Part of the reason we wanted to start this group and made the invitation choices that we did is that we believe you are all genuine people that belong in more of a workshop environment and deserve to be part of a group that follows up, discusses, etc. Writerscafe.org has kindly provided us with an email system and comments systems, as well as group forums, which should, with this group, be a workable system to follow up on already reviewed pieces. As always, though, we'd like to know what everybody thinks on this topic.

-cc

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

On my end, I don't really have anything fresh, as of yet, to contribute. The past few months, I have been focused on revisions and haven't written anything really new, that no one here has read. I know for Julie and CC, the couple of pieces I will be putting on here, they have already read, so maybe there may be a way to defer their reviews if they want to pass on it? Once we are all up and running, then I don't see a problem. Standard growing pains for something new.