The Review Club : Forum : Discussion for Gabe's (Gabalic..

Discussion for Gabe's (Gabalicious) Bipolar Bear - Prologue

17 Years Ago

This is a place to respond to reviews and for discussion of Gabe's (Gabalicious) Bipolar Bear - Prologue

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hey Julie, thanks for the review. I think there are a lot of things in the last paragraph that need to be changed, mostly the voice and how I invite all those who have chsen to share my past. I like your insight and it helps that you have already read the first copy, so you know where I'm going with it and where it started. Thanks again for the review! -Gabe

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Thanks for the review Mike. I agree and have struggeled whether I should add some speciefics in or leave it as it is more vague. I'm just not sure what to add because of the various aspects I'm going to include in the shorts there is no real way for me to put in anything exact however I think I will look over it again to see if there are any places for these experiences to play a role. Thanks for giving me something to think about and the great review, - Gabe.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Thanks for the review Bill. I agree with the general disconnect between the first and the second paragraphs. Actually some of Mike's advice along with yours points out that if I make it a little more personal it might take away some of the travel guide out of it. I appreciate the time to point out some of the smaller errors I made with my horrid grammar, it has helped me to relook at some of the other stuff I need to develop. I will most likley edit it in the hopes for some more feedback in the future. Thanks alot, -Gabe

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

No problem Gabe...personally I have a lot of trouble writing prologues. I get so eager to write the actual story that I have a hard time taking a step back to figure out how the prologue can springboard into it...

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Gabe,

The most important thing you can do for your prologue now is to write all those stories. It is their content that will truly determine what is in the prologue. And while you can know now in general what will be in them, it is the detailed content that will interest the readers. And you will only find out the details of your book in the writing.

How many shorts do you think you'll need? How many have you written thusfar? I look forward to more of your work.

Bill

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hi Gabe, I've completed my review of your prologue. I'm not a big fan of prologues at the best of times, so that may affect my view. I hope the comments are helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.'

Cheers!

Rob

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Actually I have alot of stories written I was just looking for some type of introduction. I think that a prologue should be one of the last things you write, that way you really know what you want to tell. Thanks for the feedback, Gabe