The Review Club : Forum : Copyright © 2007

Copyright © 2007

17 Years Ago

I see a lot of you guys copyright your chapters and stories. Is it really necessary? I was of the thinking whether you put the little � 2007 tag at the end or not you are still protected. Am I wrong?

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by A. C. Riggle
I see a lot of you guys copyright your chapters and stories. Is it really necessary? I was of the thinking whether you put the little � 2007 tag at the end or not you are still protected. Am I wrong?

Actually, that's writerscafe adding that tag at the bottom of all pieces. Ignore it. It's meaningless (well that's not really true, but for a workshop it is the best way to see it).

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

*chuckle* As the lawyer and the soon to be lawyer chime in....

As far as I understand (as a writer, not a lawyer), in the US works are copyrighted as soon as you fix them in some sort of tangible medium. ::tongue:: So when you write it, it's protected, whether you slap a copyright indicator on the bottom or not. I imagine that's more of a warning for potential infringers than something with any actual effect.

-cc

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I like to think of it as a wonderful placebo slipping me off onto that placid, humble lake of intellectual property.