The Review Club : Forum : Discussion of Cameron's Crimso..

Discussion of Cameron's Crimson and Gray

17 Years Ago

This is the place to respond to reviews and for further discussion of Cameron's Crimson and Gray

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Julie,

You are so right. I'm definitely not sure what I want this story to be. Really what I'm aiming for is showing how institutions shape our perceptions of people and what happens when we are faced with a common human element. Perhaps it's too big to tackle in the story. Or perhaps I just haven't brought enough emotion to the table. But I'm definitely going to think about it on the rewrite.

Cameron

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Julie,

But really all of that last post was bs... I just wanted to write a story about a reporter covering a fire on Greek Row :)

Cameron

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Cameron Probert
Julie,

But really all of that last post was bs... I just wanted to write a story about a reporter covering a fire on Greek Row :)

Cameron

Mission accomplished! cam is so a reporter...

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Gabe -

Thanks for the review. You are definitely right. The emotional level of writing has definitely been one of my biggest challenges, and that is something I need to think about on the revision of the piece. Thank you again for another thoughful review.

Cameron

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hi Cam, I've left my notes on this piece for you. I hope they're helpful. If you have further questions please feel free to ask. Cheers! Rob

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I haven't read the story but i love the tittle. You should give it to me.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Mike, Rob and Chrissie -

All excellent points. Thanks for the reviews.

Cameron

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Ha- No one shall steal my title from me :)

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Just some stuff I wanted to mention so people know I actually read their reviews.

Mike -

Thanks for bringing up the dichotomy of the Greek system. That was something I wanted to mention in the story, mostly because I thought it would be too easy to make them the big bad Greek system.

Rob -

I appreciate your points and they are good ones. Just wanted to mention that I wouldn't want any warm up a disaster victim. Mostly because it can be kind of bad taste. But the point is well taken. And there are quite a few problems with the story that I need to go back and adress. First draft always blows :)

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Cameron Probert
Just some stuff I wanted to mention so people know I actually read their reviews.

Mike -

Thanks for bringing up the dichotomy of the Greek system. That was something I wanted to mention in the story, mostly because I thought it would be too easy to make them the big bad Greek system.

Rob -

I appreciate your points and they are good ones. Just wanted to mention that I wouldn't want any warm up a disaster victim. Mostly because it can be kind of bad taste. But the point is well taken. And there are quite a few problems with the story that I need to go back and adress. First draft always blows :)

No problem Cam. So long as the comments help. Looking forward to the revision.