The Review Club : Forum : be good to hear news

be good to hear news

17 Years Ago

Hi folks

Just wondering if there was a chance of setting up a thread to post news - no, not crappy blogging (I've never been into blogging - looked at some on this site and it is so boring) - but some news of what people are up to with their writing, submissions, new ideas about technique etc etc - with a bit of personal stuff thrown in - but only interesting news, not just comments about the weather and 'luv u doll' stuff - I realize some of you know each other, but I don't really - and it would be great to get to know everyone a little. What do you think? Just have a single post for personal stuff where we can catch up on happenings and thoughts?

Wheldon

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Think that's a great idea, Wheldon. I wonder if the group could use a little more affection. (maybe it's only my want for some). Actually working towards a grant at the end of April. Gotta take advantage of the nice day, I'll be back later and explain.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

No real news to report. I've been toying with an idea to write something creepy and spooky like a traditional vampire story. I see a story forming and maybe if I can get that voice to speak a little more clearly in my head I may start pounding the key board soon.

I think most can agree that this is a slow time of the year for the internet community. Too much gorgeous sun out there.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Excellent idea! I wish I had some good news to share, but sadly I'm still waiting with crossed fingers and toes. Still have some pieces in the running -- or lost in the mail. Not sure which. ;-) I did get a bite from Jackie Mitchard who asked me if she could use a part of a poem of mine in her new book. I haven't heard back from her since the unsolicited request, so I don't know if she's changed her mind or not. That would be cooler than getting the whole published in some crummy lit mag. Good exposure. ;-)

Cheers! Rob

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Now is that Jacquelyn or Jakie. Either way it is great it's just one is a best selling author.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by A. C. Riggle
Now is that Jacquelyn or Jakie. Either way it is great it's just one is a best selling author.

Jacquelyn Mitchard. I was quite surprised.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob K. Omura
[quote=A. C. Riggle]Now is that Jacquelyn or Jakie. Either way it is great it's just one is a best selling author.

Jacquelyn Mitchard. I was quite surprised.[/quote]

You go boy!

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Rock on Rob- That's great news. Or at least it could be great news :)

Ok what's going on in the life of Cameron Probert - The sad thing is not much. Still fiddling around with some pieces. I'm going to have to get off my a*s and submit some stuff. But in the meantime, working on my novel and some shorts.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

For me, the time has been getting used to the new job and absurd schedules. One day I'll start at 3 in the afternoon, the next day start at 9 in the morning. And getting to know all the products IKEA offers. The past three weeks have been quite draining for both the body and mind.

On the writing end, I've been focusing on transcribing all the stuff I have writing over the past couple of years on Tangled Threads that are chapters and fragments for the future volumes.

I do everything long hand and have let a pile of paper grow for too long. I've already transcribed about 34,000 words and have another 35,000 odd words to enter into my clunky machine.

This is important because there are tons of things that happen in Volume 3 and beyond that I need to play with so I can properly setup Volume 1. Argh! Short stories are so much easier.