The Review Club : Forum : My computer's sick

My computer's sick

17 Years Ago

My computer had to go to the hospital. I'm posting this from the public library. I'll try to post my required reviews from here before Sunday, but I can't be positive I'll have time to do them justice. I think it's best if I don't take anything on for next week -- don't know how long it will take to get the necessary service on our machine. I'll keep everyone informed, though.

Leah

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Leah Davidson
My computer had to go to the hospital. I'm posting this from the public library. I'll try to post my required reviews from here before Sunday, but I can't be positive I'll have time to do them justice. I think it's best if I don't take anything on for next week -- don't know how long it will take to get the necessary service on our machine. I'll keep everyone informed, though.

Leah

So what is going on with your pc? I wished you lived near by, I can't tell you many pc's I have to fix for friends and coworkers.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Well, since we upgraded to Vista we've had tons of bluescreens and lots of long chats with Microsoft support techs. Peripherals were a problem, but we sorted those things out, we think. Last long support call I had we seemed to be having a RAM or video card problem, and I finally broke down and brought the thing in for complete diagnostics. Nothing wrong, as far as the Geek Squad could tell. The only possible problem we still might have would be our wireless mouse. It might need further updates. Things are going okay so far (after two or three hours) -- we'll see what happens!

I'm pretty innocent about all this tech stuff, though I'm learning -- the hard way. I'm pretty teachable, if the tech speaks the same language I do.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I pity anyone with computer problems. My motherboard melted down last August and I was out of business for three weeks.

So glad to see you're back.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Leah Davidson
Well, since we upgraded to Vista we've had tons of bluescreens and lots of long chats with Microsoft support techs. Peripherals were a problem, but we sorted those things out, we think. Last long support call I had we seemed to be having a RAM or video card problem, and I finally broke down and brought the thing in for complete diagnostics. Nothing wrong, as far as the Geek Squad could tell. The only possible problem we still might have would be our wireless mouse. It might need further updates. Things are going okay so far (after two or three hours) -- we'll see what happens!

I'm pretty innocent about all this tech stuff, though I'm learning -- the hard way. I'm pretty teachable, if the tech speaks the same language I do.

I'm pretty sure most of your problems are driver related. I've been a beta tester for vista from the getgo. Been tinkering with one version or another for well over 2 years . Ever since longhorn was leaked really. That's before they named it vista. Now they are calling the next server edition longhorn also. I can try and help you if you have more problems. Just let me know.