The Review Club : Forum : my computer problems/going out..

my computer problems/going out of town

17 Years Ago

I couldn't get to the library to do my reviews or anything last week. Our computer is in the shop, and I'm going out of town til Tuesday. I haven't even had a chance to read the reviews of my stuff, or any messages, or anything. I need to wait till I have my own machine at home again, because it takes too much time to think about this stuff -- I can't tie up the library computer that way -- Anyhow, if everyone will be patient, I'll be a full participant after this coming Tuesday -- I'm pretty sure, anyhow.

Sorry --

Thank you --

Leah

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Don't sweat it. In the days of olde, things were easier. We would be meeting at a pub, or a sitting room, holding something considered ancient called paper. And reading to each other. Also possibly using a relative unknown implement called a pencil or pen.

All the new technology can be great, when it works. I'm behind schedule with my reviews because my computer is coughing up phlegm balls and my ISP is going up and down more often then a cheap w***e.

When things work out, you can rejoin the silliness here. And some of things happening here seems to be part of the prophecy of the end of the world coming soon. In less than a week, cc and I have actually agreed on a few things. Gasp! ::suprised::

See back soon!

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Loekie
Don't sweat it. In the days of olde, things were easier. We would be meeting at a pub, or a sitting room, holding something considered ancient called paper. And reading to each other. Also possibly using a relative unknown implement called a pencil or pen.

All the new technology can be great, when it works. I'm behind schedule with my reviews because my computer is coughing up phlegm balls and my ISP is going up and down more often then a cheap w***e.

When things work out, you can rejoin the silliness here. And some of things happening here seems to be part of the prophecy of the end of the world coming soon. In less than a week, cc and I have actually agreed on a few things. Gasp! ::suprised::

See back soon!

No problem Leah. Hey, pub night sounds good. Killkenny on tap for me. ;-)

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

The price of gas what it is, I don't think I could afford to make a meeting at a pub in Canada. All praise the the great god internet.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

So, as a random "pub night" suggestion, since 3 of us are already in CO, I thought I'd invite you all. One of the best writing conferences in the country is held here in Colorado every summer - the Aspen Writing Conference. This year is June 24-28. Aspen is beautiful, I've heard the conference is amazing, and you have locals in town. So... if y'all are interested in arranging a mini review club conference... let me know. I bet there's a group rate.....

-cc

(www.aspenwriters.com)

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I love the idea, cc. But unless the fates suddenly give me some money, like from the lottery, this year ain't going to be the year for any traveling for me. Until I get the government off my back and pay off the debt I've built up because of my melt-down, I am somewhat chained the old Montreal.

But I would love to come back to CO. I've only been to Denver but had a great time. I'll mark my calender for next year. One never knows.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I just blew what money I had going to Memphis for MidSouthCon -- the first SciFi/Fantasy convention I've ever been to. I went for Terry Pratchett, guest of honor, and for the sake of the thing itself -- light networking, drinking with other weird people, etc. Plus my husband and I needed a vacation -- our first alone in over 8 years. It was great fun, and sometime I'll write about my adventures. This morning might have been the best part, as we visited William Faulkner's home in Oxford, MS, Rowan Oak. Tremendous recharge of batteries there. I'm back now, and so is my computer (fingers crossed). I just read all my reviews -- skimmed, I mean. They all told me what I already knew -- that Wythe's character needs to be stronger, that I can cut down on some detail, shorten a few sentences, etc. I'm eager to get to work on it. I'm going to be rewriting the next three chapters soon, and then they'll appear here. My next post will probably be from my latest stuff, just to give y'all an idea of where I'm at these days.
Anyhow, now I have to catch up on my reading assignments.
Thanks for everything, guys 'n' gals!

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by C C Holtman
So, as a random "pub night" suggestion, since 3 of us are already in CO, I thought I'd invite you all. One of the best writing conferences in the country is held here in Colorado every summer - the Aspen Writing Conference. This year is June 24-28. Aspen is beautiful, I've heard the conference is amazing, and you have locals in town. So... if y'all are interested in arranging a mini review club conference... let me know. I bet there's a group rate.....

-cc

(www.aspenwriters.com)

Well you never know what might happen. I was thinking about dropping down to Missouri for the WTF Conference, but it just ain't gonna happen. Aspen would be really cool.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Loekie
I love the idea, cc. But unless the fates suddenly give me some money, like from the lottery, this year ain't going to be the year for any traveling for me. Until I get the government off my back and pay off the debt I've built up because of my melt-down, I am somewhat chained the old Montreal.

But I would love to come back to CO. I've only been to Denver but had a great time. I'll mark my calender for next year. One never knows.

Maybe I'll be out there for Jazz Fest. We can drink some of that weird Quebec beer (no, not Molsons! That microbrewery stuff).