The Review Club : Forum : The New Review System

The New Review System

17 Years Ago

For feedback, questions, complaints, and kudos on the new system for reviews of novels that the ADMINS are trying.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I'm bumping this back to the top of the forum list. The whole purpose of having this group is to improve us as writers, so we need to find a system that works for the novelists as well as the short story writers. Not being someone likely to put an entire novel up, I don't have all the solutions, nor do the other admins. So we want you to talk about this.

-cc

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I'm looking forward to seeing how this works. I'll definitely mention something at the end of next week.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I thought about throwing a cookie out there and a GJ but got bussy with things. So GJ! I was concerned about not being able to read Kim's chapters in order for reviews since sometimes I had her name and other times I didn't. This helps out unless the author wants a specific chapter reviewed. So yep, I think it is a good Idea.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

CC,

I see one small problem with an easy fix. The fix is that people should take care to include which Chapter or Scene #s they are speaking of within their responses.

While this may or may not be useful to the author of the novel (who knows his scenes intimately), it likely will be very important to those of us who like to read responses to works we have not read; without the fix we with the new system will not know precisely what piece is being spoken of.

bill

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Bill,

The review would be attached to the piece that's being reviewed.

Cameron

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Cameron, I edited my post, having realized just what you said. I was really thinking of the responses, not the reviews.