The Review Club : Forum : Administrative Action

Administrative Action

17 Years Ago

Per the disciplinary guidelines, the admins have unanimously decided to ask Leah to leave for the best of the group.� We regret having to take this action. Her contact information at wc.org is: MindMuse should you wish to contact her further.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

We realize that there has been a lot of drama in the past couple of days. We appreciate any comments or feedback. We will address any concerns with the utmost candor.

Thank you for your time and patience and for most all sticking with us. We appreciate it.

The Admins

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Yes, there has ... and as per usual I missed it. Reminds me of the Ringo Starr song, "I got stoned damn I missed it." I don't really want to know the details of what occurred. I expect that some sort of commentary to the members will be forthcoming; and perhaps discussion of where we go from here. Time to learn and move on.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Cdnsurfer
Yes, there has ... and as per usual I missed it. Reminds me of the Ringo Starr song, "I got stoned damn I missed it." I don't really want to know the details of what occurred. I expect that some sort of commentary to the members will be forthcoming; and perhaps discussion of where we go from here. Time to learn and move on.

Rob, I'd say you didn't miss much, and probably were lucky to do so. ::biggrin::

Now, you mentioned a statement to the members. A disclaimer is in order. This is my personal statement. As the official moderator, Cameron makes all of the official statements of the admins, so this comes only from me.

I was also officially warned for my statements to Leah, which would constitute a warning after only one act of objectionable conduct. Our normal policy is to assume that anything we see on the message boards that could be construed as confrontational, dismissive, etc. is presumptively treated as unintentioned or an isolated incident, but, because I am an admin, my fellows decided, rightly, in my opinion, to hold me to a higher standard. I appreciate the warning. This was not presented publicly because, as several members or ex-members may know, warnings are treated privately and discretely. I would like you all to know, right now, that I understand that, as a general principle, the kinds of statements I made to Leah are inappropriate and confrontational.

However, this is not an apology to Leah or Bill. I stand by both my statements and my actions. I have recieved numerous private comments about the timbre of Leah's comments to reviews from members that didn't want to make waves and felt that it was time somebody spoke up to her. So that's what I did. I think that Julie and I have held our tongues while we went through the administrative process in the face of Bill's slander is about as admirable as any two people could be.

So here's the actual apology. I am sorry to all of the remaining members that you have had to suffer through all ths drama. I am sorry to have started this firestorm that really has nothing to do with most of you, but I can't say I am sorry to see certain parties gone. I certainly do not feel like we lost our two "best real writers," and am glad to have our 12 "best real members" still part of the group. I hope you will stay.

I also hope things will get back to normal, with a more focused group that seems to agree better on how to work with each other.

Finally, for candor, clarity, and transparency, both votes for immediate explusion were brought to the entire administrative counsel. Both were approved unanimously. No admininstrator was pressured in any way to vote in one direction or another, and we were clear amongst ourselves that we respected the decision of any of us to vote in the negative. We have followed the disciplinary rules promulgated to the membership with the strictest adherence. If you would like another copy of said rules, please contact me and I will be happy to provide it to you.

I'm glad to see you all here today, and look forward to continued productivity.

-cc

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I was going to just look the other way and avoid making any comments. And in reality I really am not. I do have a Question for CC. I realize it may be pointed and I hope you don't take it the wrong way. Anyways, do you shave between your eyebrows? I do.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

No, but I do have them professionally waxed and shaped when I can afford it. Thanks, Anthony.

-cc

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Wow!

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I know the waxing is shocking.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Anthony:

You crack me up. If you only knew about cc's unibrow. ::biggrin:: Now that's suprising.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by (j.a)kazimer
Anthony:

You crack me up. If you only knew about cc's unibrow. ::biggrin:: Now that's suprising.

And if only you knew about Julie's pink hair. Oh, wait, now you do.

-cc