The Review Club : Forum : The need for an apology

The need for an apology

17 Years Ago

Why an apology is necessary:

MY CRITIQUE OF POSTS 9909 AND 9936, dated May 3, 2007, which you can find in their tacky entirety under the thread: Discussion of Leah's The Seduction of Timu Maarinen:

The author's (better know as CC The Angry, along with her sidekick, Julie Puffed With Pride) words are followed by my bracketed comments:

Don't explain, because nobody cares what you think works. [How presumptuous, that this author thinks she is talking for "us."]

Please, please, please, just show us that we're not wasting our breath on you, which it feels like when you simply explain, that's all. [Now why did I think doing reviews was our duty. Once our duty is done, then it is up to the reviewed to decide the worth of the review and either implement changes or not. I for one appreciate hearing what others think of my reviews; BUT WE SHAN'T HAVE ANY OF THAT, this author implies. Does she realize her feelings are not universal?]

[At this point a little IRONY: the author's bio states: "Oh, and something you should ALL know about me. I do not like people that tear other people down."]

�if you're writing for your own amusement, please, keep it to yourself. Stop wasting our time. [THE ANGER IS PALPABLE; AND WHO IS "OUR"? This implies unless we hanker after money, we should not express ourselves in story, or at least we should not care about stories by such a carefree author.]

I don't care if you want to write literary, genre, for the market, not for the market, or in purple crayon on your walls. I doubt anybody does. [AND THIS VITRIOL IS JUST THE BEGINNING; AND THIS AUTHOR DOES NOT SPEAK FOR "ANYBODY" ELSE; WHAT ARROGANCE!]

instead of sitting up in your ivory tower and ranting [IS THIS PERSON TALKING ABOUT HERSELF?]

Your main character is an androgenous [SPELLING ERROR] android that has none of that psychological realism that you carry on about so much. And you can't stand to hear it [PRESUMPTION NOT BORN OUT IN FACT; note the reply directly following this rant for fact], even though over several of your reviewers that week told you so [AGAIN, MEANNESS PRESUMING TO SPEAK FOR OTHERS]

You do not get to continue to speak to people like they are children, your peons, or like they are beneath you. [IRONIC, THIS LINE COMING FROM THIS AUTHOR]

OK, so this is for all of us. If we want a certain kind of review, we need to ask. I'm sure we'd all be happy to oblige each other. If we don't ask and we don't get it we don't get to b***h, and that's the end of the story. I am no exception, and I have been no better in the past. New rule. By one administrator's fiat, because I am tired of this back and forth arguing about how to deal with each other instead of how to write. ["BY FIAT"; this person mustn't think much of her fellows, setting herself up as an angry dictator. IRONY: Here is one who would write for a living dictating limits on our freedom of expression, in the longest bout of aggressive speech (see #9909 and # 9936) that there has ever been in all the posts within this group.]

Such hostility might be tolerable if it were coming from just one regular member. But in my experience it emanates from a pair of Administrators whose bad attitudes are the very cause of the laughable Warnings they dole out. And that they get the third Administrator to do their dirty work for them. Well, this is no way to run a ship, except into the ground.

Originally posted by Leah Davidson (and here reposted and commented on by the Aggressor)
Bill gets it. I've had lots of readers get it.

Congratulations. One out of 15. Huh. Even the people that LIKE classic literature, like ME, don't get it. That's really nice for you. I like Bill and I think he's a very smart guy, but give me a break. ONE OUT OF FIFTEEN?
[WHY IS THIS PERSON SO ANGRY? I'LL TAKE ONE OUT OF FIFTEEN AND THANKS MUCH; THAT WOULD BE SEVERAL MILLION BOOKS IN THIS COUNTRY ALONE]

In conclusion, I have to give this author one star at most. She demonstrates very well what attitude diplomats and administrators MUST NOT HAVE. But anger and aggression are rarely excusable without an apology, WHICH I HEARTILY RECOMMEND. This apology should be both to the abused writer and to the group, for this kind of venom injures the group. (but on the bright side, at least this administrator has not harmed the whole country, (as have some presidents in the past six years), and is therefore forgivable (unlike that monster president).

Here's how your Triumvirate. (Or maybe it's the Holy Trinity?) works. You should be ashamed of your Admins, and I am sorry you will be left with pretenders and lose two of your best real writers [if you don't know what this about, see CC POSTS 9909 AND 9936, dated May 3, 2007, which you can find in their tacky entirety under the thread: Discussion of Leah's The Seduction of Timu Maarinen:

Here is the final insult.

Leah:

Per the guidelines of The Review Club, we have decided to take further action to ensure the sanctity ["READ SANCTIMONIOUSNESS"] of our group. Therefore, your continued membership has been terminated.

The Admins

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Nice knowing you Bill. Good luck on your novel.

Julie

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Bye. I hope y'all get this settled, but I'm out.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

By the way, it doesn't matter how quickly you delete this thread. I will make sure everyone has a complete copy. Already everyone has a complete copy of your sanctimonious LETTER OF DISMISSAL TO LEAH.

Too bad about all this, as there are many fine people in this group that are not bent on trivia and tainted by their emotions.

Of course we all know it only take a few bad apples to spoil the barrel.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I won't need luck, Kazimer

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Bill:

Please send away. We have nothing to hide, and no reason to fear you.

Julie

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

OH, and sorry to see you don't really have a novel, just a 3rd prize short.

I AM YOUR ANGER AND YOUR SHIP IS SINKING ON A LEE SHORE BEFORE MY WINDS. HAH HAH HAH

SORRY YOU'RE MIXED UP WITH THESE PEOPLE WHO MAKE YOU DO THEIR DIRTY WORK CAMERON. YOU ARE A GOOD MAN, I KNOW; THOUGH I FEAR YOU WANT TO BE A MINUTEMAN, AND ARE A REPUBLICAN.

CC still owes Leah and Bill an apology; we may accept, even should it take 50 years.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

your fear the marketplace; good luck when you decide you can do nothing but self publish

YOU MAY LOSE MORE MEMBERS THAN YOU THINK.

And, CC and Julie, you are mistaken if you think Buddhists all lie still on the ground while they're being kicked by street thugs on a dirty corner. Just because a person is religious doesn't mean he or she gives up their dignity to whomsoever would come around spitting in their faces.

By the way, I see that Cameron is promising to handle all comments on the "drama" with the "utmost candor." Do you feel Leah was handled with the utmost candor???

Have you women no SHAME? NOT EVEN A LITTLE?

I DON'T HAVE YOUR ANGER CC; AND YOU AND YOUR GIRLFRIEND ARE THE CAUSE OF THE LOSS, NOT ME. I AM YOUR ANGER RETURNED UPON YOU.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Nor do we need you. Why don't you just go away and go back to fluffing Leah's ego and having yours fluffed by hers? Your behavior has only been marginally better and we lost a member because of you.

--cc

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Buddist, really?

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by William W. Wraith
OH, and sorry to see you don't really have a novel, just a 3rd prize short.

You have shown yourself for the petty, mean spirited person you are, Bill. Buddhist my a*s. Julie as a prize winning NOVEL. NOVEL, BILL. What do you have?

-cc

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I love it! A literary dogfight!