Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

The Review Club : Forum : The Administration

The Administration

16 Years Ago

We want to apologize for what seems like an abrupt change. This didn't seem shocking to us because we've been hearing rumbles of both discontent and satisfaction going back months and we monitor the group, but, looking back, we realize we should have asked you all for thoughts first. And we're sorry for not doing that. REALLY sorry.

So here's the deal. In candor, we'd first like to explain the powers the moderators maintain. We do reserve the right to enforce disciplinary rules, first because it allows problems to be handled with discretion whenever possible, and second because it hopefully keeps personal disagreements from exploding again and splitting the group. We reserve the right to make final decisions by majority (or, in the case of expulsion or major changes unanimous) vote where there are major disagreements within the membership. Finally, we reserve the right to make the final vote on new membership, simply to keep things small and focused. We think that's fair because we do a lot of behind the scenes work.

Now, that said, here's what we're going to PROMISE for the future. Big decisions like this will be opened to everybody's opinion and we will go with majority rule where the majority is clear. Really, we want you to be happy and to get what you need out of the group. We made this change because we think, once the dust settles, this will improve accountability and community, not because we're petty dictators. We are still REALLY REALLY sorry if anybody felt this was an inappropriate move. The cat's out of the bag, so we're going to move forward, but it won't happen again.

Additionally, Julie, for professional and personal reasons, is stepping down as an administrator in the next few weeks. That means we need a new one! So we're going to be as good as our word and open it up to membership decision. We'd like anybody that would be interested in picking up some more decisionmaking and supervision responsibility to nominate themselves on this thread. We'll leave nominations open until Wednesday. Then we'd like everybody to vote on who would be the best leader to join us from the nominated people by Sunday night. The person with the most votes gets to be the newest member of the moderator team.

--cc, Julie, Cameron, Gabe

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Belle wouldn't nominate herself, but if she does she has my vote! ::cool::

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony
Belle wouldn't nominate herself, but if she does she has my vote! ::cool::

I second the nomination!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I'd like to say that the changes are good and timely, as I was about to tender my resignation as being unable to keep up with regular duties on reviews. Thanks all. Rob

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Glad we get to keep you, Rob.

-cc

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I would like to nominate Anthony for the admin slot. He seems to be a good judge of when we as admins need a spanking. Anyone have any thoughts.

Gabe

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Thanks Gabe but no. I like the Idea of being a Churchill, big belly and all. It's much more fun to complain about things than fix things ::tongue::

Just out of curiosity, what's wrong with 3?

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony
Thanks Gabe but no. I like the Idea of being a Churchill, big belly and all. It's much more fun to complain about things than fix things ::tongue::

Just out of curiosity, what's wrong with 3?

Nothing wrong with it. Just wanted to invite someone in, so we could get some fresh perspectives.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

No complaining if you wont help make a difference Anthony. LOL

Gabe