The Review Club : Forum : The Rules

The Rules

17 Years Ago

The Rules are posted on the main page but I can't figure out how to stop them from running together so I thought I'd post them here.

General guidelines:

1. This group is invite only and capped at 20 members. The only people who can approve an invite are the administrators (Julie, CC and Cameron). If you know of anyone who is interested in joining than please message one of us with their name and a sample of their reviews.

2. Each reviewer will complete four reviews a week. These reviews are assigned mostly at random by the administrators. The administrators will post assignments and stories for review as the featured story on the site by Monday afternoon. The writers for the week must submit which story they want reviewed for that week by Sunday afternoon to [email protected]. Please post the stories you want reviewed on your personal writerscafe.org profile and if you can please provide a link in the e-mail.

3. Please limit your stories to 5,000 words. And reviewers, we don�t really have to tell you this, but we really want specific reviews. No random statements without explanation. Writers this is a place for critique, so please accept it gracefully even if you don�t agree with it.

4. You may skip one week of reviews in a month, but please e-mail [email protected] before Sunday if you aren�t going to be able to review so we can work out the assignments for the week. Please don�t miss more than that, for this to work we really need your help.

5. The administrators will choose what writers are up for that week. The reviews will run on a bi-weekly cycle. If you miss your slot you will not be able to reschedule. We do apologize for this, but this is to give us all motivation to get off our butts and write. And help the administrators keep their sanity.

Note: All times are in EST. Please adjust your schedules accordingly.

Edit: the email address is [email protected] I apologize for this mistake.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Just speaking out loud to make it clearer to my cluttered mind: everyone submits a new piece every two weeks. Everyone is responsible for four assigned reviews every week. Is that right? Keep following me; if the club is full - 20 members - we can expect 10 pieces a week and 8 reviews per piece?

Am I reading it wrong? If not, that sounds great. If so, I reiterate our group motto: stupid math.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Yes, you're reading it right.

-cc

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

And, actually, presuming nobody exercises their right to have a week off from reviewing, you will get 8 reviews per piece even before we hit 20 members.

-cc

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

That makes sense now that you think of it. Boy, you guys are good, or something. Screw Urbis!

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Bullgooseloon
That makes sense now that you think of it. Boy, you guys are good, or something. Screw Urbis!

What's Urbis?

Just Kidding, I like Urbis but lately you only get one good review out of 20. Plus they really are not setup to encourage a real community. And dang it, you really got to work a lot to earn some creidits lol

You admins have done a good job. Looking forward to the upcoming weeks.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by A. C. Riggle

You admins have done a good job. Looking forward to the upcoming weeks.

From all of us - Thank you, Anthony. We're looking forward to them to - especially Monday when we really get this little experiment started.

-cc

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Thank you very much. I am definitely looking forward to this as well :)

Cameron

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

My only issue is the 5000 word limit. I don't know if I can keep my verbal diarrhoea in check. Hee-hee.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I had two scenes combined for 3800 words, but when I found you people were planning to read them I promptly expanded them to 4850 words ::drool::

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

So nice of you to raise your word count! ::biggrin::

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

One addition to the rules before we go live on Monday. Please do not rate the people you are reviewing.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

For any of you that are having a hard time emailing submissions to Cameron - the proper email address is [email protected] NOT [email protected]. Apologies for the error and we'll get it fixed in the official guidelines tomorrow.

-cc

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I could've remained at urbis but for two things: (1) I got hauled out of there by a bunch of disgruntled urbis folk who came here in December; and (2) with the new system I often sat with 2,000 credits banked and not getting one review. I think I still have 1,000 credits sitting over there and haven't received a review in a month. lol

I'm ok with not having any of my work reviewed this first week, as I still have to decided what I want in the queue.

Looking forward to working with you folks.

Cheers!

Rob

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Just so you know I found once I deleated the people from my friend list reviews flew in. But this place blows urbis away.