Therapy Through Poetry : Forum : Feedback/Group Interaction

Feedback/Group Interaction

16 Years Ago

OK, so this group was made for people that write for a release. I would like to know from everyone what you think of the group. I know everyone likes the contest, but there are way more members of the group than contest entries, so there must be something more that you want from this group, be it support or just knowing that you're not alone. I think that I can make this group better, but I need to know what people want out of it so that means I need to hear from you, whether you post in the forum or you message me privately I would like to hear from everyone!

<3 Jessica 

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I joined because poetry is a way I let my feelings out and that is what this group is about. So yeah.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I joined because poetry used to be therapy for me in my earlier years because I didn't have the confidence to let anyone read my stories, well I didn't like anyone reading my poetry either, but I would like ideas on how to beat creative constipation, aka writers block, umm maybe a brief education to the different types of poetry, I mean I'm not quite sure how one goes about writing a Haiku or what exactly as Haiku is. Stuff like that and yes for support and what not. I think that's what I would like from the group too.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Kim

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I joined because of the idea of therapy through poetry, that is why I started writing.  Suffering from a mental illness it was suggested I journal.  Well I wasn't very good at just journaling, I found myself writing things that sounded more like stories or poems, so I let myself go in that direction and wrote out the things that I was feeling and thinking...........hence, therapy!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I have just this minute joined. I like the idea of a group about receiving therapy through writing. That was the reason I started writing at a very young age. I was sexually, emotionally and physically abused by close family members, then later physically abused by my husband. I don't remember a time when I DIDN'T write. I have kept journals since my preteen years, dream diaries and written hundreds of poems and articles. I took up painting awhile back, which I find is also therapeutic. I am hoping to give and receive encouragement in this group and to possibly make some good friends.