Twilight's Disciples : Forum : Philosopher's Corner

Philosopher's Corner

14 Years Ago

This thread, is for any Group member who would like to discuss a specific issue or belief. Or, simply to air your views about a specific philosophy or political approach? Over to you.....

Julian

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I have always wondered other peoples' opinions on a certain touchy subject that I implore you not to simply reply what is politically correct. I was reading a graphic novel called 'Death Note' about a teen who finds a book that literally is of death. Anyone whose name is written in it dies in 40 seconds of a heart attack. Now, throughout the book's progression, he kills only serious criminals to attempt to create a perfect world, and crime goes down as I'm sure it would in the real world. My question is, do the ends justify the means? If you could make a crime-free, worry-free, happy-go-lucky world by killing 10 million hardened murderers would you do it? And if so, or if not, why? I know this is a touchy subject, but I was wondering what people would do. Personally, I'd do it, but that's just me.

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

That's the same philosophy that Jeff Lindsay based his Dexter books on. Is he a bad guy doing good things, or a good guy doing bad things.
I'll add more to this later.