W.U.A.M. (writers united against meyers) : Forum : Favorite Twilight plot hole?

[reply] [quote]

Favorite Twilight plot hole?

13 Years Ago

What is your favorite Twilight plot hole? It can be from any of the 4 books.
Mine was when Edward was explainingCarlisle's past, he said he found vampires living in the sewers in the 1700's in England. England didn't have sewers in the 1700's...

Now you.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Favorite Twilight plot hole?

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by Taylor H.
Mine was when Edward was explainingCarlisle's past, he said he found vampires living in the sewers in the 1700's in England. England didn't have sewers in the 1700's...

Now you.

Actually, there were sewers in England in the 1700's. Some of the sewers underneath London date back to the 1500's. Sorry! History geek!
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by Nik Dendera
Originally posted by Taylor H.

Now you.

Actually, there were sewers in England in the 1700's. Some of the sewers underneath London date back to the 1500's. Sorry! History geek!

Oh crap lol. Im a little rusty with my English history. Im also rusty with the twilight storys but im pretty sure she was talking about the sewer systems we have now...that or she meant the time when they would pour the buckets out the windows. I need to go back and read that part again lol. Thanks for fixing me though :)

[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Nah, that's cool.

If she's talking about a proper drainage system, then she's about 100/150 years off! (The Victorian sewer system is only just being replaced)

But what vampire would hide in the bloody sewer anyway?! I don't recall any of Rice's vampire lurking around the Thames Water system! (They actually did what 'real' vampires would do and skulk around old crypts) 

I think the thing that gets it for me is (and it's not exactly a plot hole, more of a massive gun shot into the entire Twilight Saga [on a side note, the word 'Saga' would indicate something epic. What is so epic about a whiney girl and her sparkley vampire boyfriend?!]) why does Edward hang around a high school?! If you're a vampire, wouldn't you be out there, living it up, so to speak? The Lost Boys got it right, you would just party all night. 
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I started reading Twilight and stopped after the first page. Hey Nik. Are you referring to the catacombs, or am off a little. Kind of rusty on my history, too.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by James Watts
I started reading Twilight and stopped after the first page. Hey Nik. Are you referring to the catacombs, or am off a little. Kind of rusty on my history, too.

What do you mean? Do I mean 16th century catacombs? Nope, we had a sewer system in Tudor England (put Paris to shame!) but it wasn't expanded/had a major face lift until the 19th century because of the cholera epidemic hit London. Some of the Tudor system survives under Hampton Court Palace. Think I better shut up now before I bore you. Don't ask why I know this stuff! 

I know in one of the Vampire Chronicles, Lestat and Louis hide out in a crypt. Les Innocence in Paris and the Lafayette Cemetery in New Orleans...  
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Think I found my go-to guy when I need historic references in future works.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Nah, that's cool.

If she's talking about a proper drainage system, then she's about 100/150 years off! (The Victorian sewer system is only just being replaced)

But what vampire would hide in the bloody sewer anyway?! I don't recall any of Rice's vampire lurking around the Thames Water system! (They actually did what 'real' vampires would do and skulk around old crypts) 

I think the thing that gets it for me is (and it's not exactly a plot hole, more of a massive gun shot into the entire Twilight Saga [on a side note, the word 'Saga' would indicate something epic. What is so epic about a whiney girl and her sparkley vampire boyfriend?!]) why does Edward hang around a high school?! If you're a vampire, wouldn't you be out there, living it up, so to speak? The Lost Boys got it right, you would just party all night. 

Yes, she was talking about a proper draining system I think...
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

My favorite plot hole... hrmmm how about the fact that she calls Jacob a werewolf for book two, three and 95% of book 4 and then says "Oh they aren't werewolves they are shapeshifters" BULLSHIT! Werewolves are what they are and werewolves are what they be! Just because Meyer couldn't come up with a BIG Bad "Badder" than Jacob's pack until book 4 and threw in werewolves as more "terrorizing" than vampires, don't change your own story or plot with some flimsy excuse.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

My favorite plot hole has to be... the one the Writers House fell into when they assumed Stephanie Meyer could write! Or even better, the one that Stephanie Meyer fell into when she honestly, and wholeheartedly believed, she produce literature anywhere near the same echelon as Bram Stoker!

Sorry, rant over, back to the post.

Max.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by Max Murphy
My favorite plot hole has to be... the one the Writers House fell into when they assumed Stephanie Meyer could write! Or even better, the one that Stephanie Meyer fell into when she honestly, and wholeheartedly believed, she produce literature anywhere near the same echelon as Bram Stoker!

Max.

Hahaa! I love you for that!!

[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by Max Murphy

Max.

Hear, hear!
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

At first I didn't want to check out this group because, where I live, we don't have "Die-Hard" twilight fans. We only have people against twilight who are, frankly, way more annoying, especially when I know they haven't read the book! (they weren't that good, but you can tell the only thing they have against it is the sparkly part. I swear if she just left that out she would've saved herself so much trouble).

But you guys aren't actually like that because from what I see you gave the book a chance. Which is great, although it was still a huge waste of time. Okay back to the post lol.

A big one that someone pointed out on YA, was how does Alice remember her name? She doesn't have any human memories but she knows her name is Alice? The whole werewolf/shapeshifter thing was strange too. Edward kept saying oh no one ever asked him whether they were shifters or werewolves. Well duh, probably because you were calling them werewolves!!!

Sometimes I get more mad at the characters because they're so not believable. Meyer used big fancy vocabulary that no normal high schooler would ever use to mask her mediocre writing.

One last question before I end; how does sparkly skin make you a murderer? I don't know about you, but Voldemort most certainly DID NOT sparkle.

Ok I'm done now.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

VAMPIRES CANNOT IMPREGNATE A HUMAN.

...that bullshit reason ("boys don't change") made no sense, and she totally killed most of her vampire-lore in Breaking Dawn.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by Deepshikha

...that bullshit reason ("boys don't change") made no sense, and she totally killed most of her vampire-lore in Breaking Dawn.

Idk I was going to make a book where a vampire could get a human pregnant... just in the end the human dies and the baby drinks her dry... though I guess I see your point there.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by Ashley.M.E

Idk I was going to make a book where a vampire could get a human pregnant... just in the end the human dies and the baby drinks her dry... though I guess I see your point there.

Well, I was speaking for her established cannon. xD
Well done vamp-preg would be interesting to read, actually, as long as it's super macabre. >D
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Well done vamp-preg would be interesting to read, actually, as long as it's super macabre. >D
xD yeah, I understand what you're saying, she makes it hard to write vampire books. Last thing you want is someone to read it and be like "OMG I read that in twilight" v,v you know how much of a downer that would be...
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

xD yeah, I understand what you're saying, she makes it hard to write vampire books. Last thing you want is someone to read it and be like "OMG I read that in twilight" v,v you know how much of a downer that would be...

They sort of did that in Christopher Pike's Last Vampire series. Towards the end of the series. The vampire got pregnant by a human. The pregnancy was really quick and the baby grew super fast, so after a week or something, she was an adult. But it went a bit weird and she was the embodiment of Kali and she tried to kill her mother. Something like that. It's been YEARS since I read it (if I read it now, I'd probably think it was awful!) 

[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

They sort of did that in Christopher Pike's Last Vampire series. Towards the end of the series. The vampire got pregnant by a human. The pregnancy was really quick and the baby grew super fast, so after a week or something, she was an adult. But it went a bit weird and she was the embodiment of Kali and she tried to kill her mother. Something like that. It's been YEARS since I read it (if I read it now, I'd probably think it was awful!) 

Well, mine was going to be that the Vampires had to kill the human a month before the baby was do and then the baby drank from the dead body... and they grow like normal humans, usually not getting there vampire powers until around 20... yet they drink blood, well that was my vision of it lol.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Well, mine was going to be that the Vampires had to kill the human a month before the baby was do and then the baby drank from the dead body... and they grow like normal humans, usually not getting there vampire powers until around 20... yet they drink blood, well that was my vision of it lol.

If we all hate the books and the twigh-hards here, why the hell do you read all the books in the first place?

First Page first
Previous Page prev