What People Say : Forum : "...what you write writes you ..

Re: "...what you write writes you back..." smiled the goblin again

8 Years Ago

I like it!

8 Years Ago

Not quite human, but I'd fancy a chat!
Just please don't take me for a copycat
*chuckles*
I can't tell what it is, something peculiar.
Your goblin brain demands my affection.
So, in honesty, I flail my "pen"
for my own sized bit of your attention,
I took a bit more than advice
but something tells me you wouldn't mind
maybe it's true - no reason to hide
that what we write, also writes us (and more)?
I also admit that I don't know 
why anyone would mistake you for a troll
You don't quite fit that description
you also don't seem green at all.
Hence, I choose to appease!
These forum posts just made my day
That pirate poem was almost better than cheese.

8 Years Ago

"...are you the mouse I knew before, or another new mouse that I've never met now..." asked the goblin who would be pleased with either then, before adding "...simply we write as we do then, where to write in third person calls forth a persona to be credible, where long after they have forgotten these usernames and that bland posting manners of the vast majority of posters use, they will simply remember a mouse who chatted with a goblin..." in fact, the goblin used the trick of persona to his full advantage, smiling "...a mouse it is then, or a mouse it was all along, and a talented one at that too..."

8 Years Ago

We've never met,
or... at least I think we have not?
But there is a sense of knowing!
I am only clueless about what.
Whichever the case may be
I prefer now, to leave that a mystery.
As I love to quote, since this group is about that:

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. 
There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where."

It is so flattering,
that you see talent in me.
Especially since your own
acts like a beacon while at sea. 
A mouse wouldn't really know,
just from stories that I've heard before.

I do admit that from this perspective 
not so far off the floor
it seems even more colossal
but it is really not that size
that made me like it even more.

On another note, I ponder;
what did bear this small green wonder?
I'm unsure if I should inquire
about your metaphorical mother/father.
I've never seen a goblin before...
Is it true that you adore gold?
If so, I so wonder, what gold would be 
to a goblin caught in a web of electricity
What does this goblin value most of all
in a place where gold is what you make of it?

8 Years Ago

"...well, at it's simplest I guess I'm the alter ego of the old man who never comes onto the internet in person, where the persona is ever a mask of an alter ego that is behind it..." replied the goblin liking the mouse's big style set against for her small proportions, liking it, liking her, and then adding "...I'm one of those livewriters then, where there must be at least ten of us by now, each one different, each one known by our numerous posts alone much like you would recognize a painter then, yes it's an odd practice to say the least, but if those readers are now here online like this unwilling to read at length like before, then I guess it's just another adaptation on one's part to one's new reality...", "...ah, but it's not reality goblin..." intervened the slot before pointing to his mouth again, saying "...feed me fiction..."

8 Years Ago

Oh, I am intrigued!
I do know that this human web is such in part
but all of us don masks a lot
more so when away from zeros and ones
only that is never quite as fun,
usually to escape the past and future that had been done.
Sometimes, it is a matter of passion and the heart
to depict that "self" which makes us art.

Maybe I did misunderstand,
but, if not, it is not odd.
You did bring about this reality then?
When those masks can't hide their awe.

or do these writers of life share a core?
If so, my own awe you can have,
and then it seems redundant to say
that the reality you are so doubtful of
has in part been brought to life anyway?

By the end I can only mention
that I thrive on that lack of attention.
Life is so much easier as a mouse
I get to have any free house.
Yes, there is the threat of meowy beasts
and people curse at holes in their walls
but I get to enjoy large breadcrumb feasts
things they would not miss at all.
(things they did not even know were there)

And - that - goblin,
is the blessing and curse of being small
Nobody will notice us
but we can get to places where not many have been before!

And fortunately I do not need to strive
that much to escape alive
with this eternal curiosity
often felines flick their tails and scoff
tormented by my squeaky laugh.

8 Years Ago

"...invisible in dailylife, anonymous on forumland then..." ventured the goblin, adding "...and very commendable as approaches go...", the hour was so very early now, the old man's cold was clearing but any more sleep was out of the question so he was up, meanwhile the goblin in an effort to amuse the old man was on the internet in search of something to eat, a mental breakfast perhaps, in fact the ghost of last night's fireworks display in geneva still boomed in the background somewhere, not that the goblin had actually participated only that such sounds carry across the city and enlodge themselves one's mind he guessed, before the goblin turned to the mouse and smiled, commencing "...you're good, I'll be here if you should wish to continue now, and certainly it's a lot easier to go to readers in your posts than wait for them in either blogs or books...", in fact, the goblin suspected that if ever someone got real good at posting that that persona would never lack for readers even if they like himself remained anonymouse

8 Years Ago

I do wish to continue!
This has been so much fun,
and while I do believe that you are right
when you say that there are many ways one can write...
This intertwined approach has appeal 
but why I do it has more to do with what I feel.
While we can never really say things that are more than "us",
(and since "us" is a concept so foreign to this mouse),
for most opinions I truly care not -
because sensing half baked, untrue words is (in a way) what I do.
It's... not about being enough as one,
or doubtlessly knowing what is true.
it just means that I can only take subjective truth from few.

Which is... the reason that I chat with you.
I don't mind if this interaction does not have room for "truth"
People can laugh at my "deluded", life perspective blur
or since fear is what it is, pretend to think. As, often, they prefer.
While speech, as well as that fear, have brought me down many times before.
It will never, ever dissuade me from what I feel!
And what I feel is, that I should poke the goblin
because somewhere in his bags of knowledge I might find my own gold.
(much like that image there!)
Because the mouse can't hide in plain sight anymore,
we easily get homesick for places where we've been for so long,
and I've outstayed the subconscious welcome
within the lion's den in which I've grown.

So, there is nothing specific to ask
I'll just sit here and talk about anything with you
Until either one of us gets bored,
until we get chased away, or find something else to do.

8 Years Ago

"...naah, if I doubt we'll be the only ones posting here in the end, I'm not new to this..." replied the goblin thanking the mouse for her time still, then adding "...where we are rebels if you like, we're but a few amongst the many amongst the million of posters who write so plainly now, ah but if you want your poems to improve then continue rhyming everything, whereas with me It's narration and dialogue then, thus that makes me a livewriter conversing with a livepoet I guess..." while outside the warm night was building up the goblin's expectations as what he'd find upon forumland, explaining "...forum/venue thread/stage and persona/act, where all you have to do is just entice those readers towards your pen...", his smile grew wide a the thought of what the other livewriters would make of this new mouse here

8 Years Ago

Maybe? 
Time will tell,
It usually speaks quite loud,
I dislike it's tendency to do so.
But you do seem to have been around,
I will take your word for it, for now.

And, well...
There is no need to thank me for my time,
Spending it while doing what you want,
means it was well spent anyhow.
Since I do love to feel and rhyme,
that is what I will do.

Now that I think of it,
you do seem a bit like a rabbit,
It's just... oddly enough,
I think I've lost my way
within this curious tunnel
made up off what we choose to say.
Holes really are my kind of place,
but I've never seen one with so much space.

8 Years Ago

"...still better and better..." went the goblin appreciating the new mouse's effort while noting that he too had written about time often enough, whether it be in connection to the debt timebomb, the end of the present western empire, or the implications of advancing "the colder war", etc., saying "...ah yes, the arts are encouraged as a distraction aren't they, where financial considerations stop poets writers and musicians from speaking out for jeopardizing their future, journalists too would have their reputations to maintain, thus at its simplest anyone who remains known within this system is muzzled under those considerations each time, thus I claim to be anonymous though I dare say that I am not anonymous to them really, but what it means is that I am not beholden to their considerations while I write anonymously, I have nothing to gain while the readers are just left to make up their own minds about whatever I touch upon..."

8 Years Ago

My typing will be obvious based on what I recall,
(In my own mind) Your grasp on truth of time 
does not need me at all.

There are far worse distractions
to simply lose onself in.
Like that frightening noise box
that tells people what to think.
In writing, this way at least,
creativity matures along maturity.

There are all kinds of things in this world,
(Yes, I sure love redundant speech)
and many curious or laughable things a brain can hold.
There are artists who make us follow their escape
and those that serve as a slap across the face,
but we truly need both of those.

That is also one more beauty we now have.
there are plus seven billion of us here at this time
humans, animals or creatures of myth
nobody can really control all of it.
It is like obssesing to find oddly colored sand
while in the center of a desert
using nothing but your hands.

The problem will never be the mold
it will only ever be the self,
(sure is hard to find some gold to say)
There is also nothing that has ever really been
apart, a breed away from change.

The higest value that I see
within this choice of anonimity
Is that there is no face to put with words
nothing that a heart can hold.
Only themselves, the readers... 
*shivers*
faced with concepts we have told.

8 Years Ago

the goblin should have replied sooner but the old man had had his dailylife to deal with again, while the goblin had simply gone along for the ride, saying "...seven billion grains of sand then, and what if one of this grains of sand were to be smashed and disappear, would it be missed for long, would it matter beyond those who knew that grain there, and what difference would it make to that which is no more, thus I care nothing for "fame and fortune", instead I care about being true to my muse and getting the most from my posts...", in fact the goblin was just like any other goblin he imagined, then repeating "...given a pen and some motivation most folks could actually write where over time no doubt they could learn to write well even, but that's not in their nature though no they need a motive, so they don't write do they, whereas those who do write solely by their nature then seem somehow detached and reflective as if writing had taken them over at some point leaving them lusterless, no, I'm not saying one is better or worse through the practice of writing, only that that choice, if it is a choice mind you, comes at a cost, writing comes with strings attached..." 

8 Years Ago

There is not a lot that one should do,
only that which one wants to.
From first paw I just know,
it's not easy to write as such.
I, myself, would take days,
if I did not care so much.

It depends, doesn't it?
What the life of that speck has brought.
Either to us all or just one...
Like Tesla, Elon Musk or Fresco Jacque?
and there are other people, I've never forgot
Despite the fact I know them not.

But, true, you may argue that their deeds
are not who they really are,
Still when any of them do pull through
There will be no way to not remember them
even for those that never even knew,
who, or what, they are, or were. 

It's also not just about what people do
There is this poem of echos to which I would refer,
but I will not do that, for a list of reasons
suffice to say that -
She died, and it will never leave my mind.
Did I know her? No. I never saw her before.
Except, in what she wrote.

Now... which strings?
I am completely puzzled
Could you explain what you meant
somewhat more at length?

8 Years Ago

Originally posted by Abyssmouse
(snip)Now... which strings? I am completely puzzled Could you explain what you meant somewhat more at length?(/snip)

"...the title of the thread..." repeated the goblin with a smile, continuing "...in that "what you write writes you back", where perhaps one can grow detached and reflective, moreover perhaps  because there's a feedback loop between the brain and the pen one's dreams grow more imaginative, more vivid, better recollected, etc., these type strings internally, whereas externally the writer often comes across as someone reflective, indecisive, and detached too, in short he changes from being like macbeth a man of action who doesn't think things out through by writing them down into hamlet a man who thinks things through by writing them down but who in the process doesn't act in time

8 Years Ago

Thank you.
It seems simple, now that I've considered.
Somehow I had jumped from "strings" to "puppeteer".
While unsure how transparency had been hindered.
Wait... you just partly answered that, I fear!

So it is time, again, which lurks beyond the corner
It vies with us, making all of it much harder
Also, it seems almost unaware of how much else it wants to be.
Which is even worse on those who like to miss the forest for the trees.

8 Years Ago

("...warning, writing can cause detachment..." read the goblin aloud while looking at the small print of it, where livewriting seemed a compromise of sorts as to give the reader a voice then, smiling "...with the book the author is long gone, with the post the author awaits your reply most probably...")

repost from elsewhere, new, the "amarica is doomed" thread

"...head or tails goblin..." goes the voice of anton chigurh, yet just like in the film the goblin also knows that the election results and the flipping of the coin have no real meaning, simply the crime will be committed either way then, that the 1% had hand picked their own man in both political parties, where "pro whatever" was a trick to show some superficial difference between the two parties, just icing again, and where the real game or cake was icy-dicey then, an acronym for ICDC as in inflationary caused devaluation of currency, and that once one understood their game, once one could see that their "pro whatever" politics was like that heads or tails choice then, could see that all quite secondary to their subtle agenda advancing in the background of their collusion between the fed and the banks at the expense of the economy, the capitalist system then, and just about everyone and everything within it too, it becomes apparent, no the only question needed to be asked here is why benake was so hell bent back then on devaluing the currency by injecting 40billion new dollars into the system each month for "as long as it takes" in his words, but takes for what end, and yes we know that both political parties are pushing for this at the behest of the fed too, so yes they're short selling america as we speak, where probably the 1% is betting against themselves to cash in on the downturn of the economy while voters vote for mere icing in red or blue colours...", "...heads or tails, call it goblin, is it hillary clinton or donald trump then..." went the voice of on ourdearmedia now, yet the plot had been planned out long before that choice there has been offered

8 Years Ago

O Banana!
Home grown on native land!
New hybrid strains at your command.
With glowing hearts we see them rise,
Our new stock, strong and pest-free!
From far and wide,
O Banana, we stand on guard for thee.
God keep our land glorious and free!
For bananas a plenty.

-fleamailman-

8 Years Ago

(A story, not my own. One that, fortunately, you may already know goblin.)

Now, my grandmother was a wonderful person. She taught me how to play the game Monopoly. She understood that the name of the game is to acquire. She would accumulate everything she could and eventually, she became the master of the board. And then she would always say the same thing to me. She would look at me and she would say: “One day, you’ll learn to play the game.”

One summer, I played Monopoly almost every day, all day long. And that summer, I learned to play the game. I came to understand the only way to win is to make a total commitment to acquisition. I came to understand that money and possessions- that’s the way that you keep score. And by the end of that summer, I was more ruthless than my grandmother… I was ready to bend the rules if I had to, to win that game.

And I sat down with her to play that fall. I took everything she had. I watched her give her last dollar and quit in utter defeat. And then she had one more thing to teach me. Then she said: “Now it all goes back in the box. All those houses and hotels. All the railroads and utility companies… All that property and all that wonderful money… Now it all goes back in the box. 

None of it was really yours. You got all heated up about it for a while. But it was around a long time before you sat down at the board and it will be here after you’re gone: players come, players go. Houses and cars… Titles and clothes… Even your body.” Because the fact is that everything I clutch and consume and hoard is going to go back in the box and I’m going to lose it all.

So you have to ask yourself when you finally get the ultimate promotion, when you have made the ultimate purchase, when you buy the ultimate home, when you have stored up financial security and climbed the ladder of success to the highest rung you can possibly climb it… and the thrill wears off – and it will wear off – Then what? How far do you have to walk down that road before you see where it leads? Surely you understand it will never be enough.

So you have to ask yourself the question: What matters?

8 Years Ago

Hey goblin?
This scene is dead.
Let us just run off and make,
our own forum place instead.
It might take time to grow it,
like some odd virtual plant.
But at least it will not feel like
we are hijacking any threads!