Writers Plus+ : Forum : hi! new here

[reply] [quote]

hi! new here

16 Years Ago

hi, i'm R�bbi, i'm an 18 year old musician and writer from england, i'm very pleased to be a member here. however, i wonder if this group has heard of Lulu? it's an online publishing company that works for a share of whatever's actually sold. I wondered if a bunch of people here'd want to make a compilation book that would act as a 'taster' for each of us? i've wanted to do this for a while, but people's interest in the matter always seems to wane. any chance some thought could go into this?
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I think that idea is super-fab! how do you propose to accomplish it? I think you would probably want to take the brave few and workshop their selected pieces until they are publish-ready and then make the book...hmmm...still, an interesting idea, and I will definitely have to check into this place you speak of...
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

lulu.com - this is an excellent site. i just looked in. thanks for the info.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hi Robbi,

I am getting ready to publish through Lulu and I run a forum over there. here's the basics: There are no up front costs and they charge you per book. Some people may complain, but I put up a few thousand to publish my first novel. I'm doing OK as far as sales, but I may not recover the costs.

There's a few things you may consider: YOU are totally responsible for the editing, marketing and promoting the books. There a few others you may also want to check: www.published.com is another a site to check. Don't limit your choices. I also work with local authors in New Mexico. The main advice I give is: Before you invest, investigate.

good luck,
Gary