Yukon Muses & Their Writers : Forum : Themes Ideas -- OPEN FOR SUGGE..

Themes Ideas -- OPEN FOR SUGGESTIONS UNTIL SATURDAY@ FIVE THIRTY

15 Years Ago

Fears --
Darkness in spots of the page or taking over, scary eyes, bats, claw marks, snakes, spiders, fire, tentacles(boogeyman) etc, spiders for numbers and snakes also.
Fairytales--
fairies, pixie dust, pumpkin carriages for the numbers, mice going across the titles, the words having wings, witches chasing princess around poems, roses with thorns wrapping around poems etc or thorned vines going up around the page.
Daydreams --
Doodles in the margins(tic tac toe), I <3 JERRI(or other name), KELSEY AND ROBERT 4 EVA(etc), a evil dinosaur screaming 'DO YOUR HOMEWORK!',goofy bubble numbers, doodles animals walking on the titles.
Technology --
Chatspeak, mouse forming the numbers, keyboard letters for the titles, flying cars going through out the book, a poem could be on the screen of a 'phone' etc.
Multicultural--
Globes for the numbers, flags throughout the pages, bamboo and bonsai trees growing out of the sides/titles. 

Music--          Musical notes for the numbers on the pages and  8 track film going for borders and records falling from the top and someone chasing CDs across the bottom. Lyrics from classic songs or just very well known ones going around some of the pages that fit with that particular section ('My baby loves me just the way that I am~') around a happy love poem. Or 'Don't go away angry--just go away!') around a funny break up poem. Each new section can have a excerpt from a well known song that relates to it as a intro (ex:social issues can have the chrous of 'Where is the Love?' by the Black Eyed Pease')

If you have any suggestions please post them here or message them to me(Carlee) or Miss Bloody Brilliant (Lost sock) so  we can add them to the list and update it by Saturday@ 5:30 which is when the voting for the begins it will end  Monday@six  o'clock if you have time constrictions and would like to vote early that is fine.    The running up theme will be announced Monday and the winning theme will be announced Tuesday.                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

i really like the idea for music, it seems most detailed and fitting, yet easy to do, to me.

it looks like all the good ideas have been thought up. good work, you two brainiacs! ;)

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Yeah, I agree with Sara that the music theme is a cool yet do-able idea, but I also like the daydream thing. We just need to make sure that the design of the book isn't so complicated and bam!-in-your-face that it distracts from the writing. After all, the writing is the main focus of an anthology... :)

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Yes, music would be my choice too. And I agree with Bailey—we want the writing to stand out and the artwork to enhance, not the other way around.

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I am stuck between two favorite ideas. I really like the daydreams, but it could be very difficult. Remember how ' it takes more work to make a messy book look neat."? But if we could do it that would be awesome.

I also really like the fairytales idea. I think that could be alot to fun to put together and would come out looking really brilliant.

Thats my thoughts.

-Chiley

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

What about a super action-packed thrill ride of adventure type thing? Like a heist or something.