thread heads : Forum : Writer's cafe

Fixed???

12 Years Ago

Originally posted by ghostlyauthor
you  guys changed the form, no extra powers no backstory until the first paragraph is posted, which i won't post until you fix your character forms

I fixed both Alice and Valentine. I hope it is to your liking.

Re: Writer's cafe

12 Years Ago

the colors that are different are what needs to be changed along with the reason in pararenthes
Name: Hannah Dominguez……………………General Attitude: Optimistic, childish, happy, cheery, likes to fool around and joke. ………………………………Likes: Loves anything that flies (in nature that is), blueberries, stories, and long  naps…………………………………………………Dislikes: Hates War, fights, battles, and anger……………………………Anything else: Hannah is a small thin 15 year old girl. She has brown hair, tangled and messy (except for her bangs remarkably) always put into a ponytail with a big black bow tying up her hair. She has big brown puppy eyes and mini scars across her face. She has no parents, and orphan that steals money and food from other people. She's Native American from California. Her alien species is Dwarf Greys(we are all the same sepices, i. e. Silvershadows) A native to her planet she's a protector and spirit of the nature within the species but they're not short they're just really close with nature with the dwarf part that elementals, Greys are the ones that abduct the humans for experiments.(no powers) She wears small shorts with black suspenders. Wears black striped, long sleeve shirt and black striped leggings. Has long cut black boots, bulky………………………………Background story: Hannah is like a child because she never really knew how to grow up. She hates fights and battles and always runs away when she sees it happening usually to a nearby tree wear she can cry her eyes out. Playful and gets carried away when she sees a small creature fly yes but serious.

12 Years Ago

Name: Valentine Pluto [Nickname, Pluto -from Alice] He can also be called by his first too   Age: 16   Likes: The way of life, his people, talking to random objects thinking it's normal, when Alice is in her "nice" mood and sweet's.   Dislikes: Being called "Pluto", being teased on, fighting, whenever Alice is bossing him and the others around and when Alice takes his sweets away.   Race: White   Other: Valentine is a Prince(no princes) with two other siblings: Penny and Ponyo, and is in search of knowing why the populations of his people have decreased.(we are all the same speices of alien  I.E. silvershandows His Father, the King, thinks that he will find the source far away from the kingdom (no king) Looks: He has electric blue eyes, jet black unkept hair with a cow lick and porcelain skin. He wears strange clothing that is always a white shirt with a blue dripping paint circle design in the middle, a black and white jacket with four pockets, black jeans with two zippers, one vertical and the other horizontal, black buckle shoes, a red and white cap with a matching blue drippy paint design that looks like the one on his shirt. (Similar to Satoshi/Ash's hat from Pokémon in Isshu/Unova) and green Gir fingerless-gloves   Color: Blue   Personality: Strange, talk's to random objects, funny when he doesn't know it, girl magnet, nice and kind, tends to accidently talk in an unknown language when nervous, romantic, sometimes can be an air head, emotional a little and loves the way the humans live. (Is this better Ghostlyauther?)

12 Years Ago

Kay GhostlyAuther, we fixed our character's, so please give us your character's and the storyline please!

Writer's cafe start

12 Years Ago

Name: Amy S. Coreahold
General attitude:quiet and bored to those who don't know her; observant; loud, fun and enterjetic to those who do very defensive
Likes: reading, tea, writing music, playing guitar, writing poems,adenventure.
Dislikes: rudeness, poeple who don't tip
Anything else: Amy is an regular teen adopeted into a rich family. she lives in Idaho, but currently works in a North Carolina cafe for the summer. she is saving for a trip around the world because she is too stubborn to let her family pay for it. she aspires to be a professional writer and musican.

Amy tapped her fingers against the cafe's dirty window, looking out at the gray drizzle. She seemed to stare past the rain into a different place. She signed, and resumed wiping down counters. When she had been offered summer job in , she had jumped at the chance to leave her small Idaho town, but now, after two weeks of nothing exciting, she wondered if it was the best choice. 

Meet Velentine Pluto, the very strange, random air head!

12 Years Ago

(Yay! So exited we're starting it! Second person to start the story! ^u^)

That is, till a handsome young sixteen year old male walked through the doors, looking around the place as if he had walked into his own little world. He wore strange clothing that was a white shirt with a blue dripping paint circle design in the middle, a black and white jacket with four pockets, black jeans with two zippers, one vertical and the other horizontal, black buckle shoes, a red and white cap with a matching blue drippy paint design that looks like the one on his shirt and green Gir fingerless-gloves. As soon as Amy saw the handsome boy, she nearly keeled over and died. It was her first ever customer so of course she walked over to him and asked, “Hello there sir, how may I help you? Would you like tea? What do you want?”    The boy looked at her for a minute and said, “My name’s Valentine Pluto, what’s yours?”      “Huh? Uhhh....A-Amy Coreahold?” Amy said.      “Hello Amy. If you wouldn't mind telling me, where am I?” Said boy Valentine asked.      “Where...are you? Didn't you see the sign in the front?” Amy questioned.      “......There was a sign?” Valentine said.      Aw great! This hot guy is an air head! Amy thought irritated. She cleared her thought. “You are at Writer's café. A café that, so far, has not had very many customers. It might just be because it's raining and-” She notices Valentine had disappeared. “Huh?! Hey, where'd you go?!” She took a step forward and nearly slipped onto her rear. “Hey! I just cleaned the floor! Did he not wipe and dry himself off before walking over here?”    Angered at the puddle of water on the floor and the tracks left behind, she searched for this mysterious hottie, finding him in the kitchen talking to the fridge. Thinking he was gonna get into the fridge and eat all the sweet's, Amy dashed towards Valentine, but slipped in a puddle of water and slid into a stack of empty boxes.      “GAAAA!” Amy screamed, Valentine unfazed by the screech. Amy was buried underneath all the rubble of boxes, eventually escaping the trap and crawled over to the counter, lifting herself up.      “And then there was this huge tree that appeared out of nowhere and I ran into it.” Valentine finished and opened the fridge, about to grab a slice of cake until Amy pushed him away and slammed the fridge door closed.      “What do you think you're doing?! You have to pay for food!” Amy scolded.     “But I don't have any money...” Valentine said giving her an innocent looking face, almost like a puppy dog face.

New Beginning Part I

12 Years Ago

(THIRD PERSON TO START!)
"OUT! OUT! OUT!!!"
I sigh angrily with my suitcase, frowning as I walk out of the orphanage that was once "my home". My long thick wavy silvery white blonde hair is in a bun under my black baseball cap, snow flakes coming down harder and harder, blending in with porcelain skin just while my silver t-shirt, flare blue jeans, and cowboy boots easily show how they melt against them.
"Mother Teresa, she just turned eighteen today, can't we just celebrate her birthday and then let her go when she is ready and has a place to stay?" I hear Mother Mary behind me.
I turn around to see the front doors still open.
Mother Teresa look even older, furious, and ugly then usual. Her beady gray eyes are embedded with crow's feet and her thin dry lips blend in with her beige winkles all over her face.
She turns to her left to Mother Mary.
Mother Mary is thirty with a kind soul. She is the only one that I got along with here.
"No sister," said Mother Teresa. "She is a troubled child! She just keeps lying and lying about everything!"
"Jeez, it's not my fault that I don't remember my family or where I came from," I mumbled.
Mother Teresa turns back forward to me. "Really? And it's not your fault that you made-up your name, Rosemary Belle?"
"I told you that I don't remember my real name!" I said.
"Sister," said Mother Mary. "When I found her when she was eight, she did hit her head hard and lost her memory and no one came to claim her."
"I don't care, but I know she isn't telling us everything!" said Mother Teresa. "And the rules are still rules: once a orphan turns eighteen here, they must GO!"
"But -
"Mary, who is headmistress here?" said Mother Teresa.
Mother Mary sighs softly. "You."
"Exactly." Mother Teresa turns to me. "Now go - and happy birthday."
I roll my winter blue eyes with hints of silver and white and turn around and walk away, disappearing in the snow.
~*~
I am glad that I left that orphanage. All Mother Teresa did was made us clean and clean and rewards us with old expired food. I didn't get along with the other kids anyways since they made fun of me for my fake name I came up with, Rosemary Belle, and then when I finally stood up for myself at eleven, I got in trouble. Now, they were scare of me.
But it is true.
I don't remember anything - my family (if I had one), friends (if I had some), and mostly, my real name.

New Beginning Part II

12 Years Ago

I get off the train and walk down the street.
My first time - out in the actual world, not just the tiny part of it in the orphanage.
I look over to see a place with a sign that says, Writer's Cafe.
I shrug. "Well, I do love to write."
I walk into the place.
"I mean it, I have no money. I wish I did though."
I look over to see a handsome guy with unkempt jet black hair and electric blue eyes.
I roll my eyes and sit down at one of the tables and take out my notebook and begin to read over it.
Some are written about imagery, imagery that may or not be from the past I forgotten.

(Also, Rosemary Belle is a lot more tougher.)

12 Years Ago

"i' m sorry, but my boss will kill me if you eat that" 
"oh, being killed isn't good so i won't eat it, but i'm still hunrgy"
"are you new in town?" It was a small town and Amy knew almost everyone in it.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
_

12 Years Ago

"Whoa!" Hannah said as she crashed at the doors of Writer's Cafe. "What was that?" Amy asked in confusion as she went to go open the door leaivng Valentine.As she walked over, and opened the girl a tall, lean girl had fallen over and spilled all over the floor."Oof!" Hannah grunted as she fell to the ground at Amy's feet. Amy bewildered looked around and didn't know what to make of this girl. She looked like any other girl with the exception of her messy brown ponytail and black and white dressing. "Uhm, may I help you?" Amy asked.Hannah picked herself off and fixed the suspenders upon her shoulders. She then looked passed Amy and saw what was in the background. Bingo!"Nah! I can help myself!" Hannah exclaimed jumping onto a table disturbing other customers. Hannah continued to jump on the tables like a savage and even chnated like one."Ay  ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya yaaaaaaaaaaa!" Hannah screeched as she pounced onto the refrigerator."A Native?" Amy asked, she sure didn't look like one.Hannah was on top of the fridge and then knocked on the freezer at once ducking and covering hersefl as if it would explode afterwards. Hannah pounced down and then saw Valentine stare at her wide-eyed."This. Is. My spot! My spot!" Hannah said hugging the fridge."Don't! If you take anything from the fridge her boss will kill her!" Valentine warned."Ah!" Hannah yelled running into the kitchen.Amy remained speechless. What was this? Was she being a part of some practical joke? At once, Hannah then came out with jelly on her face to look like a warrior and with two knives in her hand upon the counter."Ay ya ya ya ya ya ya ya YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" Hannah screeched once again. If their was going to be killing what a perfect chance for her to stand up to her fears and show her father that she really was a suitable warrior."I didn't mean it literally!" Valentine said.Hannah jumped off the counter."Oh," she said going back into the kitchen."Who are you?" Amy asked walking toward Hannah as she entered the kitchen."I'm Hannah Dominguez!" Hannah said proudly.  

12 Years Ago

Valentine was a little afraid of this girl Hannah, but then seemed to calm down a bit after a few minutes.      “By the way, who's that strange boy over there?” Hannah whispered to Amy.      “He says his name is Valentine.” Amy replied.    Hannah glanced back over at Valentine who looked to be starring off into space and then back at Amy.      “He seems strange...are you related?”      "Wha- no! He just came in here and left a big mess that I have to clean up now." Amy said.      “Ah.” Hannah said. “Oh, by the way, where am I?”      “Writer's Café.” Amy said.      “Umm...Is everything okay back here?” Rosemary asked coming towards the three teens in the kitchen.      “Oh! A customer! How may I help you?” Amy asked, ignoring Valentine and Hannah.      “Ummm...No thank you. I came here to write.” Rosemary said. “And, well, half the reason is because I don't have any money.”      “Wha- really?! What if I could ask my boss to hire you?” Amy asked.      “Really?” Rosemary asked.      “Yeah, just wait here while I go get my boss.” Amy said about to go off till she slipped in the water puddle.     “Ow!” Amy exclaimed.
_

12 Years Ago

Hmmmm, work. Don't need it. Hannah thought lazily, she then walked over to the fridge once again and started to help herself."Hey you have to pay!" Valentine warned."Oh yeah!" Hannah said completely forgetting what she had learn these past few days in town away from her village. "Here!" Hannah said dumping a small bag on top of the counter."What's in there?" Amy asked. "I don't if that'll cover it, but I'm just paying," Hannah said helping her self to a small slice of red velvet cake. Amy headed toward the bag and dumped what was inside on top of a table and saw, jewels spill out. Emeralds, rubies, pearls, and a small yellow glob, it was little heavy. Hannah turned and warned. "Eh, that's gold, use it wisely," Hannah said smiling about."Where'd you get this?" Amy asked overwhelmed from the riches."I found it from my home, we have to dig and excavate for it, well I did, if I wanted to survive this place," Hannah said as if it the amount were normal. 

All this money? For me? (<--Amy)

12 Years Ago

“T-this could cover the cost for my dream to travel the world! Are you sure I can have all this?!” Amy asked.      “Is this all your money?” Rosemary asked to Hannah.      “Yep! Use it wisely.” Hannah said taking a bite of her cake.      “Hold on, if this is all you have, then, you can't get any more sweets.” Valentine said.      “Huh?! Oh my gosh, really?! I won't be able to get any more velvet cake!” Hannah said. She took back the bag and stuffed all the jewels -but one for her pay- back into the bag. “Sorry, but you can keep that ruby.”      “.....D-don't worry.....I wouldn't have been able to accept all that anyway..... Amy said saddened and stuffed the ruby into her pocket. At least I have you...
_

12 Years Ago

"Why don't you have regular money?" Rosemary asked."Oh! Natives don't you paper money, we use the Earth's natural resources, only gold can be ised if found by that person by accident not on purpose," Hannah responded gleefully."So what are you doing here?" Valentine asked curious.Hannah's eyes dimmed at the question a little shamefully, but then covered the expression."Just for fun!" she responded cheerfully.Rosemary suspected a lie, but then the feeling go."How old are you?" Amy asked."15!" Hannah said taking a bite from the cake."Where are your parents?" Valentine asked."Is this twenty questions or what?" Hannah asked not wanting to go to far with her history.They all went quiet but then Hannah then started to do the asking:"My turn, if I forfeit the game! Ok now, where are you from Rosemary?" Hannah asked curiously.

Beginning To Past

12 Years Ago

"The North Woods Orphanage," I answer.
"Orphan, really?" said Hannah.
"Yeah. I got kicked out yesterday since I turned eighteen and the rules are that once a orphan turns eighteen, they are out," I answer.
"How long have you been there?" ask Valentine.
"Since I was eight," I answer.
"Do you remember your parents?" question Hannah.
I shake my head. "I remember nothing since Mother Mary found me."
"Aw, I feel bad now," said Hannah.
"It's no big deal," I said.
"Wow!" said Amy. "I have three customers in one day and all newcomers!"
"You really don't get any one in here, do you?" said Valentine.
"Never pretty much," said Amy.
"By the way, is there a place we can stay that's close by?" question Hannah.
"Actually, there is the Mount Peak Inn," said Amy. "It's cheap, but really nice along with the staff."
"Sounds cool enough for me," I said, getting up. "Where is it from here?"
"Um, west - wait, you're leaving already?" said Amy.
"Yeah, but I'll come back," I said.
I walk out the door with my notebook and suitcase.

(Sorry I've been so busy! I have two tests Monday and had my prom last night!)

12 Years Ago

“And what about you?” Hannah asked to Valentine.      “Hmmm? What?” Valentine asked.      “What about you?” Hannah repeated herself.      “What about me? Well, I don't think you'd want to know. It's not that interesting.” Valentine said.      “Aw come on! Do you have family? Friends? Anything!” Hannah said wanting Valentine to reveal something about his past.      “Well, there is-”      “PLUTO!” A female voice roared.      “Alice....” Valentine finished.      “You can't hide from me Pluto! Come out here and pay me back that money you owe me!” The said girl Alice bellowed. She has long red hair, golden eyes and pale skin. She wears diamond earrings, a silver and gold locket around her neck, a black long sleeved top with a red leather jacket over, white slacks and black boots. Amy left the kitchen to check on what the commotion was all about, seeing Alice fuming mad and very upset.      “Ummm...M-may I help you?” Amy asked.      “Hell yeah you can! Have you seen an air head boy with jet black hair, electric blue eyes and wears strange clothing come by here?” Alice asked with a hint of anger in her voice.      “Ummm uhh.” Amy stammered, soon hearing Valentine telling her not to tell Alice he was here. “Uh....nope. Can't say I have.”      “Hmmm....I'll just take a look in the kitchen to see if you're lying to me. If I know Pluto, that’s the first place he’d be.” Alice said shoving Amy out of the way.      ‘Oh no! She's coming! Hide me!’ Valentine whispered to Hannah who panicked at the sudden volunteering.      ‘O-o-okay, umm....In here!’ Hannah said shoving Valentine into the food pantry.      “Where is he?!” Alice asked to Hannah who flinched.      “Huh?! U-uhh, h-he's not in the food pantry. Nope!” Hannah lied.      “He’s in there.” Alice said moving Hannah away.      “WAIT!” Hannah said jumping back in front of the pantry door. “Don’t go in there!”      “Why not?!” Alice asked.      “B-because I, uhh...I'm-”      “Just get the hell out of my way!” She bellowed, kicking the door open. “Found you. Now give me my money Pluto.”      “What money? I don't know what you're talking about. And who’s this Pluto you keep talking about; my name's Valentine, not Pluto.” Valentine said quickly, which soon turned into a different language no creature had ever learned or heard of before, everyone -but Alice- looking at him strangely.      “Cut the act Pluto. I know you're just trying to get me to forget about that money. Now hand it over! There's nowhere else for you to run.” Alice said, her eyes gleaming with anger.    Valentine was cornered and trapped, unable to escape the terror of the wild Alice that was demanding for her money back. As she leaned in towards him he said, “I'M SORRY ALICE-CHAN! I'M SORRY I TOOK YOUR MONEY!”      “What was that?” Alice paused.      “I'm sorry Alice-chan...I'm-”      “Don't call me that!” Alice roared grabbing Valentine by the scruff of his shirt. “How many times have I told you not to call me ‘Alice-chan’?!”      “I-I'm sorry!”      “Hey!” Amy said. “Stop fighting you two! None of you are allowed back here unless you work here, got it? Now take the fight out of the kitchen.”      “Or I can take him away from, where ever the hell I am and beat him up!” Alice said very eager to do so.      “You just want me to call the police, don’t you?” Amy said.      “P-please Alice! Let me go! I-I’ll pay you back, I promise!” Valentine said struggling.      “With what money? You don’t even have a job!” Alice said.      “I-I’m working here! Starting today.” Valentine said.      “What?! Really?” Amy asked in disbelief.      “Y-yeah. Now please put me down...”      “Grr...Humph! Fine.” Alice said dropping Valentine onto his bum.      “I-I’ll go get Valentine his uniform.” Amy said running off.      “Where the hell am I anyway?”      “Writer's Café!” Amy said from out of the room. Man, how many times do I have to say that today?

Free With A Price

12 Years Ago

I walk into the Mount Peak Inn.
Like anyone would expect, it looks like a cabin on the mountains pretty much.
A lady in her thirties comes out from the front desk in front of me with the biggest cheesy smile ever. "Welcome to the Mount Peak Inn where where you can amount to anything here!"
Yep, she is definitely one of those people that are always cheery about something.
"I like a room please," I said, simply in monotone.
"Come on over hiker!" she said, still overly grinning as she goes back behind the front desk. "What kind of room would you like - upstairs in the north, upstairs in the west, upstairs to the east, upstairs to the south, downstairs to the north, downstairs to the west -
"Don't care," I said.
"I'll give you the best one - upstairs to the north!" she said, happily. "And plus, it has a cute balcony with a nice view!"
"Wait before I actually take it, is it okay if I stay here for a week and pay you later? I'm -
"New in town!" she finish. "I know you are! I know everyone in this town so if someone comes in I don't know, I know they are new! And the rule is that we can't accept money later - we have to accept it now. But, you can stay for free for two days if you sing the Mount Peak Inn theme song to all the guests coming in for three hours straight!"
I sigh. "Be right back - and this time, with a job."

12 Years Ago

Amy came back with a uniform for Valentine and had him get strate to work...by cleaning the place.
     "Now, your first job will be to clean the bathrooms, wash the windows and mirrors, sweep the floor's, mop up the kitchen and wash the dishes." She said.
     "But that sound's like so much...do I really have to do all that?" Valentine whinned.
     "If you want to pay back that girl over there." Amy said refering to Alice.
     "Hey! Pointing at people is rude!" Alice bellowed. "Humph...these people are all so rude..."
     "Any way, get to work." Amy said handing Valentine a broom and he....sorta got to work.

Valentine's sweeties

11 Years Ago

(Gaaa.....no ones been posting on this, so I guess i should add some more while I wait.)

Valentine looked out the window with rain driplets hitting hard. Some how, he was reminded by the rain ho hungry he was, so he went into the kitchen and back to the fridge. He opened it up and grabbed a slice of the red velvet cake Hannah had and began to chow down on the deluctable cake. That is, until Amy came in and took it out of his hands.
     "Customers. Only." She said and placed it back in the fridge. "But, since you ate it, you have to clean to earn it. How's that sound?"
     "Oh yes please! I'll do anything for cake and sweets!" Valentine said beginning to drewl.
     "Then get back to cleaning if you really want it back." Amy said and walked off. Valentine took his broom and began to sweep the floors clean, then mopped up the floors till he could see his own reflection in it and did the same to the windows.
     "Done!" He said proudly.
     "That was just the kitchen, you've got a lot more to do for that cake." Amy called. Valentine frownd and began to grumble under his breath. He moved out of the kitchen, now cleaning the bathroom and then the main area where customers would eat if it wasn't raining so hard.
   Finally, after a good two hand a half hours of cleaning, Valentine got to eat the rest of his cake and was soon put back to work right after he got into another one.
     "This is gonna take a looooong time before I get my money......" Alice said looking totally board to death. She chouldn't go outside due to the tarrable weather, so she was basically like a trapped cat, waiting for the mouse to come out and play, along with Hannah, though she seemed to be enjoying herself a lot more than Alice.
   The doors swung open, Rosemary standing there and quickly closing it so no water could come in.
     "Oh my god....It's raining cat's and dog's out there." She said.
     "Really? Where?" Valentine said gazing out the window.
     "Um... it was a- never mind. Any way, can I get a job here?" Romary asked.

(Pst! Someone come help! It's hard to post by yourself....)
_

11 Years Ago

Hannah was busy playing with her fingers about when she then spotted a mouse scurry about. “Gross,” Rosemary groaned as she saw the white furry mammal race around. She picked her feet up from the floor and placed it upon another chair finding it quite comfortable. “FUN!” Hannah exclaimed as she chased after it with the skips of a squirrel but the speed of a cheetah. “EEK!” screeched Alice as she saw the creature and then climbed on top of a table. “Fun, Fun!” Hannah cheered as she continued to chase the small white mouse. “Ew! Gross. Get It!” Amy order Valentine who was looking out the window to see where it would be raining cats and dogs outside. “Wha-?” Valentine asked cluelessly as he then saw a flash of white and then Hannah whiz past him in speed. “Get it!” Amy said getting on the counter freaking out. Valentine understood the command and then followed Hannah’s black and white colored clothing which was the only thing he could see considering she was so fast. Valentine then saw the white flurry mouse silhouette and then made a grab for it but then crashed into Hannah who was right at its tail. “Darn it!” Hannah said in disappointment, getting up from the floor. Valentine rubbed his head from the crash and felt like there was a storm in his head. Hannah rolled up her black and white striped shirt sleeves and then jumped on a table. She was on fours sitting like a frog as she looked at the floor looking for the mouse. Like a Native, Hannah screeched her call as she dove for an attack at the mouse. “Ay ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya!” Hannah’s big black boots made a thud upon the floor as the mouse let out a squeak in surprise. “You got it!” Amy said in surprise. “Yeah!” Hannah said happily. “Let’s play again!” “NO!” everyone said in unison. “Fine,” Hannah said as she pulled the bow tied ribbon that held her hair up, it released her messy fizzy wavy and curled brunette hair. The ribbon was black satin and se then tied it around the mouse having it fit like clothing on it. “Can I keep her?” Hannah asked with big puppy eyes. “NO!” Amy responded in disgust. “Why not?” Hannah asked pouting. “It’s called sanitation,” Alice responded. “Alright then,” Hannah said sighing as she took the mouse outside and then let it free. At least it’ll be protected by the ribbon, Hannah though happily.   “Nice hair,” Rosemary said smirking at the craziness. “Thanks,” Hannah said the scars on her face seeming to stretch from the small gesture. Hannah reached to her boots and then pulled another black satin ribbon that was tied with along one of shoelaces. She then used the second black ribbon and put her hair back into a ponytail. “What should we play next? Trap the Bat?” Hannah thought excitedly. “I desperately hope not,” Alice said with a vacant look on her face."So, can I get a job here?" Rosemary continued to ask after the whole mouse fiasco.