Zero to Sixty.

Zero to Sixty.

A Poem by EVERYTHINGyoucantelltoSTRANGERS
"

BBBBAAAAAAAAMMMM and life hits you like a speeding car. named eleanor. except this time it won't be driven by nicholas cage. so yeah. we're all equally screwed. congratulations. there's power in numbers.

"

i slide my hand through my hair. in an attempt to look like i care. there's not much use today. it's no different than yesterday and it isn't as if i've overcome some great hurdle and become the fastest woman on earth. and i haven't exactly congratulated myself on say, some great philosophical theory that i finally proved. nor have i solved that one formula my geometry teacher mentioned that year. no one knows my name, anyways. it really doesn't bother me all that much these days. it's everpresent, of course, but my mind has become numb to so much of that sort of thing. it's second nature to turn off the switch and flip on the white noise. an instantaneous process. technology would be so proud. he would smile a narrator's smile overlooking the scene where someone else's life just happens to be. happening. wait. taking place. there we go. see. there's just something about being an observer that attatches people to photographs and keeps artists from starving. needless to say that people watching isn't exactly a dying art. it's not like i'm trying to hide behind a glass wall here. it's just that sometimes it's not worth preparing for the day. it f***s and batters you just the same. there's no such thing as protection. no antidote, not a single painkiller that replaces the haze with an allergy medicine commercial about being able to see. there's so much to miss, so many things that can and are overlooked. take me, for example. i'm not going to go on about how amazing i am and how great i look in lingerie, but there should be something said on the subject that no one likes being invisble. unless maybe you aren't, but that's a green grass type deal and you have to work with what you've got. i mean, if you have a great a*s, flaunt it. don't waste anything. time. eneregy. lust. it's all right there. and chances are, judging on the hormone levels pulsing through your veins and vibrating out of your figernails, you're definately a candidate. if you aren't you were. hasn't happened yet? oh, it will. don't wait too long to give in, though. people don't like being denied. if the answer is no, it's really just an almost yes. or, an i'll try anything once no. as in yes. don't put your money on all that s**t from american pie, though. just because they have a third eye blind song at the end doesn't mean they know everything. there's rollercoasters to ride no matter which band geek you decide to f**k. it'll all turn into something different by the end anyways. ever heard of a predictable ending? yeah. they don't actually make those. they print them, yes. but no one has ever woken up tall, dark, and handsome. i mean, they could have come into that, sure. but woken up? no way in hell. besides, who's the main character? it kinda puts some guesswork into all this overrated s**t, but it's not exactly gonna disappear anytime soon. life's like that. not only will it push you into the washing mashine. but it'll run on hot and shrink your very fiber of being. and then run on cold a second time because the last time you were out of fabric softener and that detergent makes you break out. so by this point you're probably shaking. and if you're not out of the locked door yet, you're most likely not lying naked on the floor. that's fine. really. we have a drier for that sort of thing. it'll get rid of that funny smell and the bumps and the like. and on the brightside, maybe it'll blowdry my hair better than the car window. there's no time like the present.

© 2008 EVERYTHINGyoucantelltoSTRANGERS


Author's Note

EVERYTHINGyoucantelltoSTRANGERS
this format's new to me...?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really liked this free verse type styley. I especially liked the part about American pie and that Third Eye Blind song, i confess sometimes i play that song with my friends, so i can remember being happy like everyone in American pie seems at the end...sad...lol...
nah
well

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really dig this style, and your words, and everything about this piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 23, 2008
Last Updated on August 23, 2008

Author

EVERYTHINGyoucantelltoSTRANGERS
EVERYTHINGyoucantelltoSTRANGERS

the big E



About
Right. Well. Once upon a time, I was relatively well known on this site. And then the site crashed. With a fair bit of my work on it. And I got understandably (right?) frustrated. I missed the communi.. more..

Writing