Peace Held

Peace Held

A Story by EVERYTHINGyoucantelltoSTRANGERS
"

had to be written in third person, singular, future tense, and somehow include, last night before the show... i rather like accidental chemistry. and hypothetical narration?

"

She will start going to the cinema on Friday nights. He will start going to the theatre if he sees her there again. He will like the sketch parade he’ll have to walk through to approach the ticket desk, and she will like the fake butter on the 1000% marked up popcorn. She will start walking down to their allotted numbered theatre, with slushee in hand, and it will be his job to refill the hot tamales. She will not say anything during the movie, but will check to see his expression when she starts to laugh. He will comment to her how unoriginal the opening will be, and how the lines won’t be funny enough or appropriate enough or sad enough. She will smile a bit, but make sure he won’t be able to see. He will try and make himself seem cooler, and his hair will be styled and his shoes will be just scuffed enough. She will put on the first thing she can find, and her sunglasses will sit atop her head even though it will be dark when she leaves. He will like the little angel kisses on the sides of her forehead, and she will move his hand away when he starts to pull down her curls. He is going to open the door for her, but she won’t admit that she’ll be expecting it. It will be like the last rehearsal before the show, and he will tense his shoulders to stretch and she will practice her would be lines in her head. She will breathe him in when he turns away from the screen, and he will watch her react to his jokes but will pretend not to notice how funny he is. He will like the way her eyes get wider and lighter when he starts talking. She will like the way his ears will be too big and how self-conscious he will be. He will see her the first time when she gets fed up with how slow he walks behind him, and when he will hold the door for her. She will notice him across the room, but will keep her eyes elsewhere until he starts speaking. She won’t look at him until he says something. He will have to start talking more. It will be hard for her to respond, but he’ll keep trying.

© 2010 EVERYTHINGyoucantelltoSTRANGERS


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on March 7, 2010
Last Updated on March 21, 2010

Author

EVERYTHINGyoucantelltoSTRANGERS
EVERYTHINGyoucantelltoSTRANGERS

the big E



About
Right. Well. Once upon a time, I was relatively well known on this site. And then the site crashed. With a fair bit of my work on it. And I got understandably (right?) frustrated. I missed the communi.. more..

Writing