Falling for You-Chapter One

Falling for You-Chapter One

A Chapter by Paige

Dear Journal,

The counselor said I needed to get one of these stupid diary things to release some stress that I didn’t want to share with my family. Maybe it’s a good idea; maybe it was the stupidest thing I’ve ever done. But I’m doing it, and there’s no turning back now, is there?

My name is Daniel Harris. I’m seventeen and go to South Indigo High. Life is boring, even with my nothing close to normal friends and my parents praise. I would say I’m a good student. I get good grades, and I’m in the Chess Club and in band. I play the drums.

I guess I need to make it up to my parents for when and how they found out I was gay. It’s another story, for another time, but let me just tell you, it’s not a decent story.

I’m supposed to write in this thing once a week and share it with my counselor on Friday at the end of the day. The lessons are secret, because I don’t want my parents to find out I’m not having such a good time in my life. I think I’m done though, so, well, later.

Danny Harris

 

v-One-v

 

Today was like usual. Get up, get ready, go to school, find out I aced a test, go to Chess, and then head home to do homework and greet my parents. Tell them I got another A, get a ‘good job’ from both of them, and twenty bucks from Dad, and head off to bed without dinner. Yeah, I don’t eat. It’s not that I’m not hungry; it’s just that I don’t think eating will help anything, and if anything, it will end my life sooner, right? This is the exact reason why I have to go to counseling with Mr. Hough. Sigh.

When my parents found out I was gay, I really stepped up my game. I knew, for a while, Dad was ashamed of me, but that’s changed, or so I hope.

In my room, I would usually bite my nails as I look out the window and stare up at the stars or study, still biting my nails. It wasn’t that I enjoyed having my nails short; it was just a nervous habit. I couldn’t sit still for more than three minutes and biting my nails helped me settle myself in a chair and concentrate. Though no matter how much people brag about their good grades, I really had to work my butt off for my grades and maintain them. It wasn’t easy at all. I studied right when I got home until Dad got home, then I would help cook the dinner I wouldn’t eat, and then I would go back upstairs and study some more. Every day. On weekends, I would usually sit on my bed and read a science text book chapter by chapter until I got bored and started doing some problems in my Pre-Calculus text book.

Mom and Dad stopped asking me what I was doing in my room all by myself all day long a few months ago when they opened the door every time and I was studying. What did they think? I was having sex or masturbating or something? They really irritate me, a lot more than just ‘sometimes’.

At the moment, it hurt too much in my right ear from one of my good friends yelling so much during lunch. The only time I actually, sometimes, enjoyed myself. It wasn’t that my friends were boring, or not active or anything, it was just that I didn’t have anything to relate to them with anymore. I used to be more social, but that all went away, but they still claimed to be there for me no matter what happened, and I repeated those words back to them.

So now I was stuck watching the dark grey clouds cover the shining stars far away from here, biting the skin around my nails since my nails were down to the nub by now. There was a knock at my door, most likely Casey, my older, annoying sister. “Danny! Come out here and kill the spider in my shower, please?” she called through the door.

I groaned as I got to my feet and walked over to my door and opened it. I looked a lot like my sister. She had the same dark brown hair, and pale skin. Both of our eyes were green, but mine were darker than hers. The only thing that really made us look different was our facial structure. Which Casey had more broad cheek bones, mine were hardly noticeable, while her lips were small, mine were full, and she had less of a chin than I did. But aside from those things, we looked like twins.

Casey was a year older than me, and she lived in and out of the house, depending on when she broke up with her boyfriend, Chris. They’ve been in an on and off relationship for three years now. Casey had a light pink towel covering her as she stood in front of my door, begging me to kill a spider. I finally gave in and walked into her bathroom, which she had all to herself, took one of her shoes (just to piss her off) and hit the spider. “Danny! Why the hell did you do that? Those were my favorite pair of shoes,” she complained. She was never happy, was she?

I rolled my eyes, not even bothering to acknowledge her. She didn’t even wear the damned things, not even once, and they were ugly as hell. After that, I walked back into my room and closed the door, falling onto my bed and fell asleep, shoes and all.

 

I woke up three hours later, as told by my alarm clock giving off a red glow from the digital numbers. Now I was laying under my blankets, in nothing but my boxers. My parents never came in my room unless it was to tell me to get downstairs to eat dinner, and I never did that; Casey never entered my room. She didn’t want to, and I didn’t want her to either.

Maybe I crawled under my sheets after stripping from most of my clothing before I fell asleep. I don’t recall doing so, but I was tired.

After telling myself that, I heard someone laugh. It wasn’t really a deep laugh, but it wasn’t high pitch either. Actually, it sounded perfect. I sat up, and looked around my room, frightened by the sound. I was light headed, and my neck was in pain, I winced and as an instant reaction, I touched my hand to my neck. It was wet. Scared to death, I turned and flicked on my lamp, and before someone turned it out, I saw it was blood. Holly s**t.

I opened my mouth to scream, but it was covered before I could do anything. “Shhh… Danny. No one’s going to hurt you,” a voice whispered into my ear, laying me down on my bed again.

How did they know my name? Was Casey pulling a prank on me? Was that Chris? F*****g b*****d! The person released my mouth and sat down on my bed, brushing my sweat damped hair out of my face. My breathing came in fast pants. “Who-who are you?” I asked, out of breath.

He chuckled again, and licked the wound on my neck. “The name’s Anthony. Anthony Harlow.” He whispered into my ear.



© 2011 Paige


Author's Note

Paige
Let me know what you think about this chapter!!! :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Que
This is very interesting and well written - I'd really like to read more of it, which I must say is surprising to me because I don't really go for vampire stories (seeing as that is what this seems to be).
One thing you should work on is the structure of the story. You have good grammar and vocabulary etc, but you should try and work more on the element of surprise: you were always saying everything completely straight to the point. Hm, I'm thinking that maybe 'element of surprise' isn't the right wording. What I mean is that there are some things that you can leave out. For example, the part about biting his nails: it wasn't really necessary, because considering the introduction of the story, we know that the character is stressed - therefore, when we read about him biting his nails, we know that it's due to stress (not to mention that that's pretty much the only reason anybody does it, as a bad habit). So, it's things like that: you have to figure out what things are necessary and what the reader can already figure out all on their own, connecting the various information you already give.
Hope this helps :)
Please let me know when you post another chapter.
Cheers and have a good day.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very interesting! Would like to read more of it. Keep writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 9, 2011
Last Updated on October 9, 2011


Author

Paige
Paige

Tucson, AZ



About
I love writing! It's a passion of mine. I write novels and poems... '^^ more..

Writing