Faery (Plot Draft #1)

Faery (Plot Draft #1)

A Story by Drake Kyle
"

A draft of a concept I've pondered over the past few days, well really the past week, inspired by some things I saw on a recent road trip to the mountains.

"
Danny Rose is a flamboyant, egocentric 22-year-old who lives out loud and makes everybody listen. While taking a walk through the forest outside his home, face glued to his iPhone, Danny stumbles upon the strange town of Dartmouth. It is there that the narcissistic youngster changes his fate when he enters a bar and, noticing the lack of employees, steals a bottle of high-end wine. Not the brightest bulb in the box and a lifelong petty thief, the high school dropout Danny then proceeds to rob an oddly vacant police station without a second thought, and there he meets Ciara Denmore, a fellow thief and a longtime citizen of Dartmouth with a certain interest in Danny for reasons he has yet to discover. Ciara stalks Danny into an unlocked home in the heart of the town, where the duo steal various objects, the chief amongst them a golden chalice collected by Danny in a hidden box under the owner's bed. However, both are caught red handed when Kara, the owner of the home, arrives from her errands and sees her intruders, prompting Danny and Ciara to run and seek a hideout, which they find in the local library. Just as Danny takes a book off the shelf to hide his new treasure, they're found once again by Kara and forced to take off. Along the way, Danny loses track of his comrade, stumbling into the towns church, located in the outskirts of the woods. Inevitably, Danny's habits get the better of him again as he investigates the church and the surrounding grounds, sneaking into the crypt &, while exploring it's vast tunnels, discovers a strange, gleaming orb. Taking it upon himself to investigate, Danny takes hold of the orb and, before he can flee with it, he's blasted several feet by the ominous golden object. Soon, his other findings, the book & chalice, begin to gleam the same blinding white as the orb. It is in that moment that Ciara finally locates her new accomplice and, seeing the sight before her, takes it upon herself to expose Danny to a world he wasn't yet supposed to know.

© 2014 Drake Kyle


Author's Note

Drake Kyle
I'm looking for anything I should add, remove, or tweak about the plot I have going here. I plan to start writing the prologue and first chapters of what should turn out to be a not-quite-book-but-not-quite-short-story-length piece for me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on June 4, 2014
Last Updated on June 4, 2014

Author

Drake Kyle
Drake Kyle

Golden, CO



About
Hi, I'm Drake. I'm a Colorado native currently attending high school, and am an aspiring writer and author in multiple genres, including horror, fantasy, and the like. I've been writing all my life, e.. more..

Writing
Flame Flame

A Poem by Drake Kyle


Q. Q.

A Poem by Drake Kyle