Basement banjo.

Basement banjo.

A Poem by -Insertnamehere-

When I ride my bike into the storm without a helmet on, that's how I feel.
When I stand underneath a rocket ship as it takes off into space, that's how I feel.
When I'm sitting in a beat up van listening to stupid bands with my grandparents, that's how I feel.
When I'm standing in the pouring rain with nothing on in my backyard, that's how I feel.
That's how I feel,
When you're whistling a tune beneath the blue moon in your big old boots, that's how I feel.
When you're playing your guitar beneath the bright star like Jesus Christ was just born, that's how I feel.
That's how I feel, whenever I'm with you.
That's how I feel, whenever I'm with you.
When I find a banjo in my basement closet and I cant play it but I try to, that's how I feel.
When I paint a picture on my wall and the landlord doesn't know it not at all, that's how I feel.
When I find my old childhood memories in a box my momma kept from me, that's how I feel.
That's how I feel,
When you're kissing my forehead sweet as can be in a bed without the sheets, that's how I feel.
When you draw a picture of my eyes with eyelashes that reach to the sky and you tell me I'm beautiful, that's how I feel.
That's how I feel, whenever I'm with you.
That's how I feel, whenever I'm with you.

© 2010 -Insertnamehere-


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The ryhme scheme was great, this poem was simply amazing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Good lord. Yourwayyyytoogoodatthis.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 8, 2010
Last Updated on July 8, 2010

Author

-Insertnamehere-
-Insertnamehere-

Seattle, WA



About
The name is Oleksander Silas. 18. Male. I reside in Victoria. I write but I also write through instruments. Explosions in the Sky. Sigur Ros. Jonsi. William Fitzsimmons. This Will Destroy You. God .. more..

Writing