Soul of Light CH3

Soul of Light CH3

A Story by Sadlygrove
"

Eva Genessi continues to find out more about the legendary Lady Light. She has to be cautious though because in this world, knowledge is dangerous.

"
***Please read Chapters 1&2 first to fully understand the story, thank you and enjoy reading!***
Eva took all of her classes, she improved mentally and had put the knowledge from all those classes to practice.
She would practice with Terral Muddrige from her class once a week.
Every once in a while Mrs Arcada thaught her some of the mysterious language that the book contained. She now could read it without any problems. She was starting to accept the fate that had been laid upon her.

Chapter 3: The Field Trip.

Eva was spending most of her time in her room, laying on bed, reading the mysterious book called "Anima de Lumine" or Soul of Light.
Eva sighed as alot of the information in the book was too advanced for her, even though she could read the words, she didn't understand what it was speaking of. As she turned another page the words lit up revealing 2 sentences, one of which was clear to her. "Aequivalere tua mens corpore vestro, Balance your body and your mind, I suppose this is a good tip, it's already a basic they teach you here on college, but now that I know this ancient book also says it, it must be really quite important."
As Eva went trough the book further she sighed. "
Lux in tenebris lucet, the light shines in the darkness...It's cool and all that I am able to read this now, but heck, what does it actually mean...I suppose I'm not ready yet to understand it all, but as it said here, I shouldn't only train mentally but also physically."

Later that day Eva stood at the college gym, waiting for Terral, he offered to practice with her.
"Hey! Eva, I'm here, sorry I'm late." Said Terral as he came running towards Eva.
"Hey, I know you're my guardian in class but that doesn't mean you can slack off just like me, that's my job!" Eva casted a small bolt towards Terral which hit his forehead, and as Eva could amplify her magic with her feelings, this bolt didn't even hurt at all.
"Now then." As Terral was rubbing his forehead. "Let's get to business, get into the offensive stance."
"O-Offensive stance? What is that." Eva looked at Terral, clueless.
"You never took Combat Magica Class? Mh...well, let me help you then." Terral came towards Eva, putting her arms up like they should be, with her fists on the level of her chest, her feet standing solid on the ground with her knees slightly bend. "That looks about right, the offensive stance is very important, this way you can dodge quickly and strike fast." While Terral explained more about the offensive stance he casted a few rock projectiles out of the ground. "So I suppose you are going to throw these at me and I need to dodge them right?" Eva stood steadily, watching the hands of Terral, she remembered him just saying that the hands are key.
Terral nodded. "Indeed, but I also want you to strike, not me though, but the dummies I'm going to set up while you dodge, this will increase your responsiveness and speed."
"Bring it on earth-boy." said Eva.

Terral slowly began to dart projectiles of rock at her, while Eva dodged a few, she got hit by some aswell, Terral kept on going though, summoning earth dummies near Eva.
Eva wasn't keeping up, she quickly ran out of breathe. "Terral I-I can't do this...it's going way too fast and my magic is just not made for offence."
"It is Eva, just focus on your enemies, picture yourself that this isn't practice, your magic is controlled by your feelings, so think about Shadakai or something, something that makes you get angry or vengeful."

Terral continued after shooting the projectiles at Eva after he had given her a short breather, now, she moved way quicker. Her face was set in a focused look, her eyes were looking ferocious.
"That's it Eva, keep moving swiftly, try to use your magic to enhance yourself, your magic can be classed as supportive, so you better take advantage of that." Terral speeded up the projectiles, and started summoning the earth dummies again.
Eva wasn't talking, she was really focused, she has never been this focused before. She kept moving swiftly, waves of light were forming near her feet, making her move incredibly smooth. As the dummies came erupting from the ground she started kicking them at high speed, cutting them in half with her light enhanced feet.
"Well done Eva, enhance you body, make yourself a weapon, but don't forget that you can also use magic projectiles." Terral summoned an earth dummy a little further away.
As she tried to deliver a small beam of light to the dummy,Terral stopped the practice out of nowhere, the beam of light instead had hit Mr Phoenix who just arrived.
"M-Mr Phoenix, I am so sorry, I didn't mean to hit you!" Eva panting from the practice as she was exhasuted.
"Ah that's fine Eva, do not worry, your beam is strong but not strong enough, you should try to focus your magical power more before you charge the beam. But I have watched you, it's impressive how you were moving, well done." Mr Phoenix turned to Terral who had kneeled down for him. "You are doing a good job helping her Terral, I am glad." Mr Phoenix helped Terral up by giving him a hand. "Thank you High Councellor Phoenix, it's my pleasure, but if I may be so bold, why are you here?" Said Terral when he stood up, dusting off his robes.
"Actually Terral, I was going to give Eva something."
"Give me something Mr Phoenix? What is it?" Eva curiously stepped towards Mr Phoenix.
He handed her some robes, they were white with a bronze trimmed lining. "These are the robes advanced wizards are wearing, you are taking the classes well and you are improving, so here you are Eva." Mr Phoenix smiled as he gave her a pat on the head.
"Wow...thank you Mr Phoenix, but I couldn't have done this without you and Terral, I don't know what to say." She was looking at the robes, grabbing them tightly. "I'd like to see you in them but I'm afraid I have to go Eva, it was fun, see you around! Bye Mr Phoenix, have a good day." Said Terral as he was walking inside college with Eva and Mr Phoenix. They then split up where the female and male dorms were.

Terral went back to his dorm, saying he had planned a magic card game night with his friends. Mr Phoenix escorted Eva back to her dormroom.
"Eva, be wary even on the college grounds, Shadakai easily could infiltrate into our college and now he knows who his new target is."
"I'll be alright Mr Phoenix, I'm quite quick now, though I have to learn more offensive magics, I am already great at enhanced support if I say so myself."Eva smiled as she was standing in the door opening.
"I know Eva, but with only running and dodging you won't be safe for long, I have put you up for the Combat Magic Class for tomorrow." He handed Eva a sheet of how the Offensive stance and the Defensive stance works.
"Thank you Mr Phoenix, I'll be on time." Mr Phoenix then walked away, Eva waved at him, she closed the door and started practicing the stances.

Her eyes drafted off to the coat she had been gifted. "I suppose it is mine now...let's see if it is my size and style." She took on the coat, it felt great, it was fitting like a glove. she was looking like an advanced wizard already.

The day after Eva followed the Combat Magic Class, the teacher who gave this particular class was quite the energetic man. His name was Mr Zane Gettica.
"Alright class, I have sorted out a small field trip to the mountains just a few minutes away from here, I got reports of locals that strange sightings have been detected there. If you want to go with me on this field trip raise your hand." Mr Gettica was looking into the class with his sharp look. Everyone was raising his hand up except Eva. "Eva? Earth to Eva, hello?" Mr Gettica was standing infront of Eva. "Daydreaming again are we?"
"Uh, yes..I'm sorry, field trip you said Mr Gettica? I-I don't think I am allowed to come...I have few experience and Mr Phoenix said I had to be cautious." Eva looked at Mr Gettica.
"Hah! Mr Phoenix is such a protective guy, but you'll be alright, this will be a great experience for you Eva, I'll sign you up. If Mr Phoenix has any problems with it tell him it's my fault, I would like to have another discussion with that man again." Mr Gettica grinned.

Later that week after Eva practiced some more stances, honed her knowledge of different types of magic and learnt the language of the ancient book better she went together with the class to the Northerner Mountain.
"Alright students, pack down and scout the area in groups of 4, be back at sundown." Mr Gettica was setting up the camp together with 2 other students who were experienced enough to sit this one out.

Eva paired up with Terral and his buddies which were: The Female Barrier Mage Brass Mythra and her brother The Male Barrier Mage Tyrin Mythra followed by The Summoning Mage Drake Animus.
"Alright, I'll summon a drakebird to scout the area for us." Drake had put his hands together, doing some weird figures with both his hands, rambling something unpronouncable. A small blue circle appeared where this red bird came out of, the bird had a spiked tail with dragon-like wings. It flew up circling above the group.
"Whoa, I have never seen such a creature before, nice summon Drake." Said Eva as she was looking at it flying above their heads.
"Heh, Drake is one of the best summoner in college, you'll be amazed what he can produce with his wiggly hands." Terral laughed as he was walking forward.
Brass whispered to Eva. "Watch him though Eva, he doesn't only use his wiggly hands for summoning, I;m lucky I am a barrier mage because I can give myself a forcefield, but still, he creeps me out." Eva giggled as she looked towards Tyrin. "He is pretty silent isn't he Brass?"
"Yeah...he's just like that, but he is an excellent mage but he barely talks." Said Brass as she walked with Eva.

The group walked on and on for quite a time, untill the bird started squeaking and came flying towards Drake. "S**t, something is wrong just a little east of here, we have to hurry!" The group ran towards the east, as they came closer they saw destruction, it was fire, but not the normal kind, it was black.

End of Chapter 3.




© 2015 Sadlygrove


Author's Note

Sadlygrove
No notes besides just enjoy reading and be critic, I don't mind. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on January 29, 2015
Last Updated on January 29, 2015
Tags: Magic, Wizards, Plot, Mysterious, Backstory, Light, Dark, Elements, Friendship, University, College, School..

Author

Sadlygrove
Sadlygrove

Noord-Brabant, Netherlands



About
Born in 1995/Male and a beginner at writing, I've got loads of ideas but got a hard time putting them down on paper. I don't mind criticisms and I don't mind helping others with their stories. more..

Writing