Soul of Light CH6

Soul of Light CH6

A Story by Sadlygrove
"

After falling unconsious after restoring Terral's magic, Eva finds herself in trouble. Is it an ambush? An attack by Shadakai? Or is there something worse going on...

"
***Please read Soul of Light CH1,2,3, 4 & 5 first to understand the story, thanks in advance and enjoy!***

Chapter 6: Deceit.

Half a day has passed, Mr Gettica and Eva, who has gained her consious meanwhile, are riding for the college.
"Mr Gettica? Is this a shortcut or something? This is not the way we came." Eva looked around, raising an eyebrow."
"Well observed Eva, this isn't a shortcut, not to the college anyway." Gettica grinned and stopped the rider.
Eva jumped off the horse, looking at Gettica. "Mr Gettica...where are we going?"
Gettica pointed at some mountains in the distance. "That's where you're going, I'm going back to the camp."
"How do you mean I'm going there? You're not making any sense Mr Gettica."
"Oh but I am making sense, just look behind you." Gettica smiled and rode away back in the direction of the camp.
"Well hello there girl." Said Nessa who appeared from behind a rock. "We meet again, and this time you won't be able to beat me since I heard you drained your power for that lover of yours." She chuckled while stepping towards Eva.
"Nessa...what are you doing here? What is this? Weren't you being taken to jail?" Eva stepped backward, finding herself against a rock. "Haha...yeah, about that my dear." Nessa giving Eva a caress on the cheek as she stood closely by her. "Mr Gettica, or must I say Zane, helped me with that." Nessa looked into Eva's eyes.
"How do you know his first name...don't tell me he..." Eva looked down, she didn't even have to ask.
"Oh I see that you finally understand. Zane has a criminal past, I've known him when we were kids, oh the good times." Nessa looked up in the sky and smiled. "You've been set up Eva, you're coming with me, I'm not meant to destroy you so I am not going to, but if you're not coming with me willingly then I won't hesitate to hurt you." Nessa looked at Eva who was more sad than shocked. "I can't use my magic anyway...I'll come with you Nessa." Eva followed Nessa through the woods, heading for the mountains.

"That's the last of them! I think we should head back to camp now guys, it's nearly dusk." Says Brass as she removes a barrier that she placed on Terral who was fighting some Necromancers.
"I agree, my stomach is howling even more than a Dryandwolf could." Says Drake with a smile.
Terral just nodded and follows Brass and Drake. "You're wondering if she's alright aren't you Terral?"
Tyrin looks at Terral as he walks beside him. "Yes...I am, it just doesn't feel right but I guess it was necessary." Terral sighs.

After a few minutes the groups returned to the camp, Mr Gettica sitting at the fire.
"People, come to me, I have something important to tell you all." he said.
Everyone immediately sat down in a circle around the fire, looking at Gettica.
"I've been ambushed...Eva has been kidnapped and taken. I don't know by whom but I saw them heading to the plains." The group gasped.
Terral stands up and walks to Gettica, grabbing him by his coat. "Mr Gettica...how could you let this happen!" Terral fiercly looks at Gettica.
"My boy, settle down, we will immediately search for her." Gettica removes the hands of Terral from his coat. "Alright, Terral, you and your team will go to the Broadcreek Farm, it's one of the places I suspect they might've taken her, the other teams come to me, I'll assign the places."

Nessa chuckles as she looks back at Eva who follows her. "Oh you must've seen your face when you got betrayed." Nessa laughs, grabbing the hand of Eva. "We are nearly there dear, Shadakai would be pleased to see you."
"Shadakai..." Says Eva. "What does he want of me?"
"Well, your power of course! Don't tell me you don't know that he can sap magical energy and abilities from someone?" Nessa looks at Eva, raising an eyebrow.
"Wait...he possesses that kind of power? Isn't that illegal just like necromagic?" Says Eva.
"Haha, of course it is, but we don't care, my magic is illegal too!" Nessa walks up the stone stairs carved between some rocks at the foot of the mountain while still holding Eva's hand.
"He did say something like that, I just thought it would be some kind of bluff..." Eva followed Nessa through the corridors in the rocks. "Oh you'll see that Shadakai would never bluff, he is so powerful and very knowledgable aswell, it's better to just give in than to fight him."

After some minutes Nessa and Eva arrived at a stone door, it opened when Nessa had put her hand on the lock. "Here we are Eva, let's go see Shadakai, so far you've been a good girl, I didn't expect this to go so smoothly." Nessa chuckled as she walked further through this building that looked like a cathedral. It was made of stone with purple flames flickering here and there. The floor was made out of some kind of granite and the windows were filled up with stained glass picturing light, darkness and balance.

"Welcome to my humble home my dear Eva, it's a pleasure." Shadakai emerged from a door she and Nessa were heading for. "Nessa, you're dismissed." He says. "Thank you Master Shadakai." She says as she bows.
"What do you want with me Shadakai? If you want my power you can just take it, so why aren't you?" Eva strongly looks to Shadakai.
"Oh my dear Eva, that would be an option but let me show you what my intentions really are. Follow me." Shadakai opens the door he just emerged from and leads Eva into it. It's a library, lit up with purple flames.

Shadakai walks to a book and gives it to Eva. "I'm sure this is familiar to you." He says.
"This book has no title...and nothing on the pages..." Eva touches the book, just like she did to hers, but this one doesn't lit up. "Exactly, these books are known as Actimorphs, they can only be operated by users of the same kind of magic." Shadakai takes the book from Eva's hands and touches the pages which makes black letters appear on the pages. "I know you have one too, yours is called Anima de Lumine. Mine is called Anima de Umbra." Shadakai closes the book and faces Eva. "You and I aren't so different Eva, we both have no family left on this forsaken world, we both have powers that could change everything. And most of all, we control a piece of balance." Shadakai takes Eva's hand. "We could bring balance to the world by finally merging Light and Darkness together, wouldn't that be sweet Eva? And with my Necromagic powers I could certainly try to bring back your loved ones.
"Eva sways away Shadakai's hand." Don't try and fool me, there is no such thing as merging Light and Darkness. I know you're planning to take my powers and I'm sure it's not for this balance you're talking of." Eva gives Shadakai a ferocious look.
Shadakai grins. "I should've known my persuasion would have no effect on you. You only listen to hard reason don't you?" Shadakai casts a ball of darkness directly onto Eva who falls down on her knees from it, she shudders. Shadakai laughs as he calls for his servants. "Noxine, Darian, take her away, I still have work to do before the eclipse." The servants both nod and drag Eva away to the dungeons.

"The eclipse..." Mumbles Eva when she lays on the cold stone floor. "I suppose that's the time when he wants to take my magic away from me, I have to find a way out of here...."


The team of Terral meanwhile headed for the Broadcreek Farm, which is on the opposite direction of the mountains. There was not a single soul there as expected since it has recently been raided. The team thus went back to camp and went to sleep, only Terral stayed up, looking at the mountains. "I just know there is something not right here...I'm sure Gettica knew the farm got destroyed and raided by bandits, why did he send us there?"
"I think there's something going on aswell my friend." Says Drake who had walked up to Terral.
"The Myrtha Twins also don't trust it, I checked the damage on my Shroudrider, there was zero. Nevertheless, Gettica himself had no injuries and I'm sure he would've fought for Eva if they were ambushed."
"You're right Drake...get the twins, we are leaving before dawn."
"To where exactly Terral?" Says Drake with a frown.
"I don't know why, but there is something amiss with those mountains over there, I just feel there is something ominous going on there." Terral focuses his gaze on the mountains.
"Then that is where we are going partner, I'll get the twins." Drake gives Terral a pat on the shoulder before sneaking to the tent of the Mythra Twins.
"I'm coming to get you Eva, I'm sure you're there..."


© 2015 Sadlygrove


Author's Note

Sadlygrove
Any feedback is welcome!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on December 6, 2015
Last Updated on December 6, 2015
Tags: Fantasy, Adventure, Magic, College, Plot, Light, Dark, Emotional

Author

Sadlygrove
Sadlygrove

Noord-Brabant, Netherlands



About
Born in 1995/Male and a beginner at writing, I've got loads of ideas but got a hard time putting them down on paper. I don't mind criticisms and I don't mind helping others with their stories. more..

Writing