Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
What is it

What is it

A Poem by Poeta Maldito

They scoff and say my words are tame, No lover's fire, no whispered flame. "Just verses penned in shades of gray," They sneer, not knowing where love truly lays.

But then you ask, with hopeful eyes, "Poet, oh Poet, how love conquers skies? How do you find that destined soul, The missing piece that makes you whole?"

A knowing smile upon my face, "My friend," I say, "forget the chase. Love's not a trophy, nor a fleeting glance, It's whispered secrets in a moonlit dance."

Forget the form, the perfect frame, Love's a melody, a whispered name. It's finding comfort in a kindred soul, Two halves that fit, a story told.

It's laughter shared on rainy days, A hand to hold through life's dark maze. The way they see you, flaws and all, And love you fiercely, through winter's squall.

It's stolen moments, quick and bright, A knowing glance that sets things right. The silent trust, a bond that's strong, A love that whispers, "You belong."

So let them scoff, their words won't sting, For love's a truth my verses sing. It's not a sonnet penned in haste, But a forever love, a love that's meant to last.

© 2024 Poeta Maldito


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on April 26, 2024
Last Updated on April 26, 2024

Author

Poeta Maldito
Poeta Maldito

Shivamogga, Karnataka, India



About
I'm a wordsmith by day, but some might call me a verbal contortionist by night. While I lack the social graces of a mime and the singing voice of a dial-up modem, I channel my awkwardness into poetry.. more..

Writing