guarded heart

guarded heart

A Story by Ashley.M.E
"

let's just say I am not having a good day, and I just had to write something and this is what came out of know where...

"

 Countless hands reach for the sun of a never-ending day. It has been going on for so long the rays of it aren’t reaching their skin, not kissing their skin. Taking away the tans, they spent so long laying to get, but not taking away the cancer they soon will receive.

They tried countless times, but the sun isn’t warming, not the earth, the soul, the heart, yet the winds don’t blow cruel cold air, nor do clouds form to rain and snow. It seems as though time has stopped and the evidence of science will not make the awkwardness everyone feels vanish.

Had they all lost feeling, no, but they make themselves bleed just to test this theory and when they flinch, they knew it wasn’t a dream.

So why should a hatred life, why here of all place in the deep core of loneliness does the sun have to constantly shine. Show us its presents; grace us with its ever going light, but yet nothing more. It mocks us with an irritation of nothing, or something and it kills our being to know that it is laughing at us but not giving nutrients to our soil, and our souls. Not keeping our skin from shivering even though the wind doesn’t blow cruel air.

These beings of people stand there in their pale skin, staring up at the sun, its bright light not harming the eyes. There is a shield between the world and the sun. One that allows just enough light through yet masks the true nature of the sun, its warmth.

A guarded heart that blissfully will not allow itself to open up to the world in fear of the rain that will constantly fall and would rather lie behind a mask staring down and taking away from those who truly need it and follow it.

Perhaps in the end this is me, A shell of a being who can’t do right, but yet tries to hid my flaws so closely that everyone around misses out on the light of me, and there so wants nothing from me at all and would rather live their days in darkness without me, because I don’t bring happiness. 

© 2012 Ashley.M.E


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This reminds me of one of those metal music videos that is an epic but under 5 minutes, like Iron Maiden, Dio, or Sabbath.


Nice job, honestly.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is a brilliant story. Pure genius with the metaphor. You've gone to depths I couldnt even imagine. The first few lines drew me in so I added it to my reading list, but you exceeded my every expectation in the end. It shows a tremendous amount of courage to go to that dark place and confront your flaws, but after you take that journey, you never have to be afraid of anything that defeated you, ever again. You are a wise young lady.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A very powerful poem. The mind is a powerful tool. Allow us to create bridges and can create walls of defense also. Life teaches us to be wise and careful. I believe we need to listen to our heart and minds. And hope for a good landing in all things we try to do in a life. A very interesting poem. Your thoughts made me think this early morning. A excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love it.Its deep, and i found it interesting and loved the way you used the sun to mean the opposite of what it normally means.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A deep piece that speaks much to the chill people feel with they look to the sun and feel not warmth, but feel instead memories of the rain that has poured upon them.
It certainly makes one think about their own quirks and facets that seem to push others away. Perhaps someday people will open their hearts and realize that it is far better to embrace another's uniqueness, than run from it.



Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this piece! Nice write. I hope to see more read requests from you. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I've been hearing and talking alot about the Sun lately. Nice job on the story, but I would avoud repeating 'their skin' in the same sentence. Glad to see you back, I'm hardly here anymore either, but it was nice to see your read request.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Dark and very rhymey I like it the way the story was told was very nice
Great Job

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

706 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 9, 2012
Last Updated on March 9, 2012

Author

Ashley.M.E
Ashley.M.E

OH



Writing
A shell A shell

A Poem by Ashley.M.E


Page One Page One

A Chapter by Ashley.M.E


Page Two Page Two

A Chapter by Ashley.M.E



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Last Waltz The Last Waltz

A Poem by Muse