Arceae: A New Place

Arceae: A New Place

A Chapter by Zenovia

He enters through the gates of the town. The place wasn’t as packed as he thought. He might be able to get a room for himself. Max walks into a hotel and ask for a room. In the background he hears two people arguing, his intuition tells Max to remember the two people arguing. He watches the argument escalate while he waits for the keys to his room. Staff members are trying to stop the conflict, but were no match for the two brutes.


     People make way for someone. The guy walks up to the two brutes and stares them down. The brutes notice him and fear colors them. The guy walks away and beckons them to follow. The brutes nervously follow him. Max turns to get the keys that were being handed to him.


     Max goes to his room and fixed the room to his liking. The view from his window showed multiple tall buildings, stores and streets filled with people walking. He heads towards the balcony, looks over the edge and jumps off. Using wind magic he slowed his descent. Many people were looking at him. He ignored them and searched through the crowd for some place to eat.


     Max overhears two people talking about a restaurant and listens in.


     “...Yeah the place is great, no wonder it was named the best restaurant here.”


    “Too bad it's expensive as f**k.”


      “Hey mister! What restaurant are you talking about?” Max said.


    “You must be new around here. It's the building to the right of the tall brick building.” He said as he pointed towards the west.


     Max thanks the stranger and head towards the restaurant. Max walks in and ask for a table. The waitress gave him a look, which was probably because of his face shield and hood.


      He sat at his assigned table and waited to order his meal. While he waited for his food he took a good look of the place. It was a high class restaurant, only people with money would come here. The menu had a huge variety in food and prices. Red walls, black curtains, overall the restaurant had a mysterious feel about it. The statues and lights, all were made to create this feeling.


     The waitress came back with Max’s food. Max ordered steak with a side of mashed potatoes. Pulling down his face shield, he prepared to eat the steak. As Max was trying to devour the steak, there was a commotion outside. Max ignored it and continued to eat. Multiple loud explosions caught the attention of the neighboring customers.


“What was that explosion?” A brown-haired boy said. He was Max’s age and wore glasses. There was another boy who was the same age, he had black hair and muscles. The brown haired boy was around five feet seven while the other was a good three inches taller.


The two boys followed by a girl went out the restaurant to see what is behind the explosion. Outside the group of three saw part of the town in ruins. Some of the houses were just ashes, they were decimated. Others were slowly burning away. The group turned their attention to the perpetrator. A guy in a black suit flying in the air.


“A sorcerer? Why would a sorcerer out of all people do something like this?” The brown-haired boy said puzzled.


“Let's go help people evacuate the area.” The girl said.


“But Eliza, If I can slow him down or stop him shouldn’t I do that?”


“James, we don’t know how strong he is. It isn’t worth it taking the risk. Now let’s go.” Eliza said. James and the other boy followed her. While they looked around for people in need of help, Eliza remembered something. “Oh yeah! Christopher use the thing Ava gave you.”


“The communicator? It’s a one time use, are you sure we need to use it?” Christopher said.


“Look at our situation.” As Eliza said that Christopher sees the sorcerer destroy yet another building.


“Point noted.”


He takes out the communicator which was in his bag. On the outside it looks like a circle shaped mirror, but when the glass is broken it opens a portal in which only voices can go through. You can program the destination to a place or someone.


“Hello? Ava?”


“Christopher? Please don’t tell me you accidently used the communicator.”


“I didn’t, there's a sorcerer rampaging through the town. He's blowing everything us, we’re going to need people to help evacuate and subdue the sorcerer.”

“Hm alright, I’ll tell my father and get some people to help us. I’ll portal to wherever the communicator is, so keep it close to you.”


    The transmission ended and Christopher went to tell the others about the situation. They continued to search for those in need of aid. Eventually they found the local militia and gave them the two people they found. Christopher was curious about what the militia was doing.



© 2018 Zenovia


Author's Note

Zenovia
Me very gay. I write more if told so pls tell me gay

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on January 5, 2018
Last Updated on January 5, 2018


Author

Zenovia
Zenovia

Burger, NC



About
I don't have the will to live. If you are the same, read my poor excuse of a story. more..

Writing
Death Date Death Date

A Book by Zenovia


Arceae: Prologue Arceae: Prologue

A Chapter by Zenovia