suicide

suicide

A Story by Julia
"

a depressed boy tries to drown himself

"

I went down to the river, so I could drown. Looking up threw the water I kept sinking down, down, down. My lungs screamed for air, but I didn’t let my body go back up. I took a large gulp of water, the pain slowly faded into blackness….

I woke with a start, coughing and spluttering water and blood everywhere. There was a girl leaning above me looking at me worried. She turned me back over onto the ground so I had my back to the floor. I could feel the slight pinch of a rock under my back, making the soft ground feel like a torture chamber. Why did she save me? I’m just a stupid boy wanting to die, and I was so close. The one time I get the guts to kill myself this blue eyed, auburn haired girl saves me. WHY? She pushes my short blonde curls off my face and looks into my brown eyes; I think she’s making sure I’m still alive. When I try to sit up she lifts me, so she’s half carrying half dragging me to a boulder and she sat me up leaning my back against the freezing rock. “wh-wh-why d-did you” I choke out.

“Shhh. It’s okay, now. Don’t talk. I found you while visiting my favourite river, it’s okay you won’t die today” she coaxed, I don’t know why she thinks I was just casually drowning, it’s not a deep river. I start to feel faint so I relax against the rock and fall asleep.

I awake in a room that’s completely white. I can hear a slight beeping in coming from behind me but I’m so sore I don’t feel like I could move. I suddenly realise where I am. THE HOSPITAL!  No I can’t be back here, I don’t care how sore I am I rip the tubes off my arms and run out of the room in nothing but a hospital gown, which feels like I’m just wearing paper. I am being chased by a nurse but I am faster, I leap through the door before anyone can stop me. Running through the car park feels like I’m running to a new death, but she appears in front of me, I bump into the auburn haired girl.” Hi, I’m Emily” she says, laughing. As the nurse lifts me off her, I can see in her freckled cheeks and chubby face, someone who can save me, from myself.

© 2014 Julia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on June 2, 2014
Last Updated on June 2, 2014
Tags: suicide, depressed, desperate, escape

Author

Julia
Julia

brisbane , Australia



About
I am 14 and i love to read. i use writing to get idea's in my head out of the open. I will read and review anyones storeys who review mine :) more..

Writing
twins twins

A Story by Julia


suicidal suicidal

A Story by Julia