2052

2052

A Story by Julia
"

a man goes forward in time to learn about the year 2052

"

It feels like my insides are becoming my outsides. My head is spinning and the skin on my body is being pushed backwards, and my body is being pressed against my chair while I travel through the time barrier. The portal tosses me left and right, forward and back and I have to stop before my guts poor out of my skin. I’m tossed to the floor with a loud crack, grazing my elbows and knees. It’s surprising I have landed without any broken bones since the concrete is cracked and ruined. I can see people walking through me and past me, and they each have oddly shaped contraptions, that may be phones, attached to their faces. These ‘phones’ are shaped like thin wires, they wrap around the peoples foreheads and finish at the ears and mouths. I’m happy these people can’t see or feel me because I would stick out like a sore thumb. My black shirt and khaki shorts would look ridiculous to these people who all look like strippers and prostitutes. The woman are all thin and curved, and wear skirts that look more like belts, and shirts that are almost completely see through,  and they are defiantly not wearing bras! The men all have abbs and large muscles, and they all wear net like pants which are strategically knotted around their junk. I need to get as much information from this place, before 1 hour is up, because after the hour I will need to get back to this place and go back home to 2013.

By going into a newsagency I found out I’m in the year 2052 (wow we have changed A LOT in this short amount of time) and that newsagencies are not filled with paper of any kind, but have 28 slots in the wall wear people plug in their ‘phones’ and apparently get information for the week and new updates plugged into their brains. No one talks around hear except to buy something, or try and hook up with someone. Life is so weird now; it’s as if everyone is controlled by machines. I walk past a man and a woman and hear the man say ‘My name is Reece Hartley; I am saying hello to you. I think you are pretty. Come to my apartment for dinner tonight?’ and she replied ‘I am Lucy Freeze, I think you are cute. I will come over to dinner tonight’ they really sound like machines and I don’t understand this world. My watch beeps and I have to run to the portal or I will be stuck here forever. I am running through buildings and people. I might miss it. I can’t die here. The portal to return home has started to close and it’s barely the size of my body. I take a leap of faith and jump through the portal, blacking out when I hear a loud BANG!

My ears are ringing and the world is fuzzy. I open my eyes to a bright yellow light flashing on and off over my face. There is an oxygen mask over my face and I am strapped to a table. When I open my eyes there is someone who looks like he’s from my time standing over me. Oh thank god. I’m back! ‘quis enim es tu? Tempus es tu? Sed non sicut aliquis MDCCLXXXIX’ he says… wait, what? Did he just speak Latin? I think through all my training and remember Latin. Roughly translated he just said ‘who are you? What time are you from? You don't look like someone from 1789’ Oh no….

© 2014 Julia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

nice twist at the end. fun journey thanks!


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good story, 1789 seems better social wise compared to 2052

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 2, 2014
Last Updated on June 2, 2014
Tags: future

Author

Julia
Julia

brisbane , Australia



About
I am 14 and i love to read. i use writing to get idea's in my head out of the open. I will read and review anyones storeys who review mine :) more..

Writing
twins twins

A Story by Julia


suicidal suicidal

A Story by Julia