In The End

In The End

A Poem by 13.9
"

Shakespearian Sonnet done for class on the given topic love.

"

Too many years passed since you danced outside;

Your game partakes far from the reaching sun.

Too hard you fought, we know; too long you tried,

And all they gave- too many truths undone.

“ ‘Ware. Don’t loose yourself,” they would croon so sweet,

“To the firestorm.” But yes, you sang of fire.

Too long you twirled with smoke on empty streets,

And when you swore ‘twas true, they shrieked “Liar!”

From heartbeat to heartbeat, end to long end,

What storm was it you wrought upon our world?

You burned for that rush rushing through your head;

You lived to feel their dreams that pushed and swirled.

Though when dust turns to dust, and naught holds true,

You loved too well, and too well was loved too. 

© 2011 13.9


Author's Note

13.9
I'm not particularly (or in any way, really) fond of this (especially the beginning), so please, feel free to tear it apart. I'm pretty sure I missed the mark by a long shot, and I /am/ aware that the rhyme scheme and meter is a bit forced in some parts. Although, in my defense, I've never tried doing a sonnet before. But as always, any comments/critiques are appreciated. Thank-you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You should be ever so proud of this masterpiece that is unlike anything I have ever read. I LOVE IT!!! It is so pretty (and to make it even better, I was listening to the second little 'idea' of Beethoven's fifth symphony - very soft and beautiful). Well done, excellent work, nice use of 'love' there.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is so different from all the other poems I have read on this website, and I loved it!! Very impressive.

Check out my book?

Posted 14 Years Ago


Something highly unique and conceptual....the language the idea of "love" is very nicely expressed. well written:)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You should be ever so proud of this masterpiece that is unlike anything I have ever read. I LOVE IT!!! It is so pretty (and to make it even better, I was listening to the second little 'idea' of Beethoven's fifth symphony - very soft and beautiful). Well done, excellent work, nice use of 'love' there.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 7, 2009
Last Updated on February 22, 2011

Author

13.9
13.9

Los Angeles, CA



About
This is me. :) I'm 16, but I'm not sure how important that is. I'm totally open to read requests for stories. I'm not so great about reviewing poetry, but I can manage stories. Also, any sor.. more..

Writing
Fireflies Fireflies

A Poem by 13.9