I'm not laughing

I'm not laughing

A Poem by H.N.Seal

It's a joke , don't take it so hard. You're too sensitive. I hear as the tears slowly fill my eyes from yet another "oh you're getting big". "Oh my how much do you weigh" I hear as the heavy thoughts push upon my already breaking self esteem. The weight is pushed upon by each comment that make my eyes see my self growing. Staring in the mirror at My naked body with only words that I seem to see. As fat and ugly appear again and again as joking comments fill my ears. The mirror is shrinking because of my growing body and broken eyes. I can no longer stand with the weight of the words upon my shoulders so I beg no more jokes because I am beginning to fall.

© 2017 H.N.Seal


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was a good piece, very relatable. Sometimes people say things without realizing their impact on others, sometimes they do it on purpose. We hear things and automatically assume they are true, when sometimes they are the complete opposite. Very good job. Keep it up.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Use of "heavy thoughts" and the "weight of the words" cement the main theme of body size. Well done. Mirror shrinking...growing body. Wonderful imagery.

Posted 6 Years Ago


honest & touching with dark thread running through. you express yourself very well.

Posted 7 Years Ago


This was a good piece, very relatable. Sometimes people say things without realizing their impact on others, sometimes they do it on purpose. We hear things and automatically assume they are true, when sometimes they are the complete opposite. Very good job. Keep it up.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 16, 2017
Last Updated on April 16, 2017

Author

H.N.Seal
H.N.Seal

About
I turned to writing instead of self harm so all my poems are pure dark emotions. This is my way to let the darkness out and the light in. more..

Writing
All Broken All Broken

A Poem by H.N.Seal


My Cancer My Cancer

A Poem by H.N.Seal