Dirty little secrets

Dirty little secrets

A Poem by H.N.Seal

She had a smile
So big and bright
But it never seemed to reach her eyes
But it hid the tears she cried at night
Hid the marks upon her thigh
Hid the fact she wanted to die

They didn't know the smile wasn't true
Till they found her one afternoon
With a razor in her hand
And a smile carved onto her face
With one lonely tear still frozen in place

© 2017 H.N.Seal


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is chilling! This grabbed my attention.

Posted 6 Years Ago


I can really relate to this and I understand the reasons for this and believe me when I say this is dark and beautiful in many different ways, not just in meaning. Wonderful job.

Posted 6 Years Ago


I love this, I just got done writing a college application essay along these lines. It paints the picture of a rotten apple painted gold. very relatable, nice job.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Not just a dirty but a very heartfelt secret it is, i must say.

Well, your poetry makes me sayin', the world's big -- very very big -- and in 'twix that, everybody passing throu' something we call "Secrets" -- the secrets, which make life more complicated to be living, and take it straight to the darkness of... mind; to in-fluctuate reality in guise of gotten apocalypse. Such a deep "Razory" poesy you've come up with. I'm sure would be looking forward to reading your work as... since you just.. had my attention!

Posted 6 Years Ago


......talk about a Joker origin story! Brava! This is dark, this is poignant, this is powerful. The musicality could flow a bit smoother, but you paint a very profound picture nonetheless, and I quite enjoyed the picture of 1000 words told with merely so few. Well done!

Posted 6 Years Ago


This totally epitomises the human condition.
You never really know anybody as much as you think.
Great write.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Jee-zus! I like dark, and your pieces have bite. Whew! I feel like somebody jumped outta the closet at me. This is truly a good piece of sad horror.

Posted 6 Years Ago


This is amazing. The emotions are quite palpable in this one.

Sometimes we should keep reminding ourselves that every stage in life is just temporary. It gives us hope even we need it the most.
A very good write

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

304 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 24, 2017
Last Updated on June 24, 2017

Author

H.N.Seal
H.N.Seal

About
I turned to writing instead of self harm so all my poems are pure dark emotions. This is my way to let the darkness out and the light in. more..

Writing
All Broken All Broken

A Poem by H.N.Seal


My Cancer My Cancer

A Poem by H.N.Seal



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Go Away Go Away

A Poem by SheIsMe


Modern Love Modern Love

A Poem by Lala


I'm Falling I'm Falling

A Poem by Talia