Never to understand

Never to understand

A Story by H.N.Seal

The silence broke by the mans deep voice as he looked at his patient. Asking the girl " how are you today?". For he only want to get her to talk. He was tired of the silence that filled the room each appointment they had.
Taping her leg and staring out the window , she decided that she would tell this man the truth so that the question she heard so many times would finally stop. Avoiding eye contact she looked out the window and said quietly but stern " I want to die".
He was surprised. Not surprised by her answer but that she chose to talk. Hoping for it to continue he asked " You want to kill yourself ?" Silence once again filled the air for a small moment as she for the first time looked him dead in the eyes.
" No, I do not want to kill myself. I want to die in an accident. Maybe a car crash or a crazy man with a gun. I want it to seem as I didn't want to die, I don't want my family to live with the thought of me killing myself" the girl stated with a new found confidence in reveling the truth.
He stared at her puzzled. Not sure if he understood her , he asked yet another question: " Why would that be better for your family?".
Laughing silently at the clueless man she replied with a louder voice than usual " If I were to commit suicide they would live the rest of their life's with a guilt and thinking that they could have made me happy or saved me but if I died in an accident they wouldn't think that I want to die. They would think that I was happy and it was just that : an accident".

© 2017 H.N.Seal


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

So deep, I feel as if I can also relate to this as well. Great job.

Posted 6 Years Ago


"Laughing silently at the clueless man" Sadly, many mental health professionals can be just this clueless. No running in traffic for you, young lady!

Posted 6 Years Ago


H.N.Seal

6 Years Ago

Tho my writing may not seem like it I am now in a better mental state and choose to fight for my fam.. read more
Carol Cashes

6 Years Ago

You're right that many don't understand mental illness and its numerous forms. Mine manifests as an.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 24, 2017
Last Updated on June 24, 2017

Author

H.N.Seal
H.N.Seal

About
I turned to writing instead of self harm so all my poems are pure dark emotions. This is my way to let the darkness out and the light in. more..

Writing
All Broken All Broken

A Poem by H.N.Seal


My Cancer My Cancer

A Poem by H.N.Seal