000

000

A Chapter by 1TWO3

‘Put him in there. They won’t find him in there. Marilyn, I want you to join him in there. No? But… okay.’ These were the last words I could remember from my Father’s mouth before the door rolled shut and the hydraulic lock shifted in place. I remembered crying in the darkness, I remembered the muffled screams of my parents, I remembered the fluorescent bulbs finally coming to life and the large hall flooding with light.

A robotic voice said to me, ‘Welcome, Alexander Thompson. Welcome to your new home.’ As I walked to the edge of the walkway, my hands grappling around a railing, I looked at my new home.

It reminded me of a padded cell, with the walls being made out of a thick foam which my fingers left imprints on as I walked down the stairs. It had only four walls, with each area sectioned off by floor color. The blue flooring appeared to be a kitchen, lined with every utensil and appliance needed to make dinner. Red was the living-room, suited with a television with a game console. Green was the fitness area and the bathroom, the only place sectioned off with frosted glass, had purple flooring.

That was a horrible decision. Purple looked ugly on padded flooring. They could have went with any other color, but they decided purple..

A soccer ball sized sphere floated up to my face. It had a strange blue glow coming from its edge and it had a circular LED screen with a smiley face on it.

Taken back by it, I asked, ‘What are you?’

‘I am Brendan, your new robot companion, friend, and father.’

‘Companion and friend? That’s a bit redundant.’

‘I have also been programmed to deal specifically with you, meaning that your entire personality has been uploaded and processed. I know everything about you.’

‘That’s creepy.’

‘Here,’ Brendan said, something slipping out of a slot on his side. ‘Take this napkin. You still have tears in your eyes, it must be irritating.’

‘Why do you have a dispenser in your body that is specifically for producing napkins?’

‘Because I know your personality, Alex. You are a crybaby.’

‘It would be nice if you were nicer to me.’ But I took the napkin anyway, blowing my nose and patting my eyes. ‘What is this place? Why am I here?’

Brendan, with his LED smiling face, said, ‘This is the bunker. You would only be here if the world has ended.’



© 2016 1TWO3


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
Added on June 23, 2016
Last Updated on June 23, 2016


Author

1TWO3
1TWO3

United Kingdom



About
A writer who writes stories. Keep me motivated! more..

Writing
ALE.X 075 ALE.X 075

A Book by 1TWO3