Bitchery

Bitchery

A Story by 1blaquote
"

America 101

"

The stench of bitchery engulfs…This nation, through our blatant arrogance, have welcomed the evil that stands to undo us! Yet we have the audasity to stand before the world as some kind of savior, when we ourselves, no longer possess the ability to slay the monsters we created or shall I say, the monsters we have become!

In this moment, we live in a place that supports racism, call our own people refugees, starve the ill, engage in wars with countries that are 47% Children, turn our backs to the homeless, fold our arms, instead of reaching out to millions of dying Africans, shut our eyes, when they hit the switch to execute the innocent, while extending the first amendment right of free speech to, Known Killer Klan & Nasty Ass Molesters Brutalizing Lonely Adolescence! Yet we remained so conditioned, we see no wrong or is it that, we choose to live in denial.

We through our might, behind frivolous causes and bend ourselves around incorrect views. We think more of animal rights than human rights, we pay street sweepers more than teachers, sanitation workers more than soldiers, then spend billions of dollars creating visual fantasies to alter our perception of reality. Though we sometimes choke, on the sludge that strangles the light from us, we feed for 365 days until the lines between their fantasies and our reality are blurred. Now, within our own psyche, reasonable doubt has been raised, so we turn to the infamous street pharmist for a cure, you know, those young man-made millionaires who have very successful practices nationwide that service the uninsured! The pharmaceutical companies soon lighten the caseload of the street pharmist by taking mind-altering narcotics, calling them Vicodin, Oxycontin and norcolortab, making these illegal drugs available by subscription, as painkillers…Thanks FDA, now we have a rapid widespread addiction epidemic!

We are the problem, that allowed morality to flee and sadistic corruption to take root, and speaking of roots, let us learn a valuable lesson from the Tree, a tree can live and grow, even if some of the limbs are damaged, it can reroute the nutrients to the thriving branches if the tree trunk is damaged, it is only when the roots are corrupted that the entire tree dies…Oh it won’t fall right away, all the creatures of that environment will hibernate and suckle, until there’s nothing left but a hollow shell, that in time will cease to exist and no amount of rain or sun will bring it back.

We hide behind the cloak of religion, in which we really don’t believe, really, how could we truly believe, when we live to deceive, when the simple words, help me translates into help yourself to me…Oh we won’t fall right away, the rest of the world will come and remove everything left of value until there’s nothing left but barren land, that in time, will be claimed by another country and no amount of blatant bitchery will bring us back!.
 

 

© 2008 1blaquote


Author's Note

1blaquote
Tell the Truth & Shame the Devil

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Strong words and a very strong sentiment. I think that the ultimate sadness is that many will read a piece such as yours, nod their head and perhaps give you a word of agreement before shrugging their shoulders, walking away and saying 'hey, nothing I can do.' That is why pieces such as this are so important. The more they are written the more people might say 'you know what, I can help change that.' They will only succeed via the ballot boxes so the message needs to be loud and clear.

I would like to see you expand on this piece. It needs editing to improve the flow but once you have ironed out the technical difficulties, I imagine that there is a lot more that you seem to want to say. Don't hold back. Write it all down and dont worry about splurging it all out there. When you have all the points exposed you can refine and diminish to make this an excellent commentary on social issues.

I admire you for speaking up... I so wish that more would and also that many more would read such works. Kudos to you.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Bitchery
A Story by 1blaquote
I have taken time to read this story. Bitchery tastes like a satire. 1blaquote has succeeded in telling us in Orwellian fashion about his country which me thinks is the United States of America. The line "blatant arrogance, have welcomed the evil that stands to undo us and we have the nerve to stand before the rest of the world as some kind of savior" paints a picture of God's Own Country.

"then spend billions of dollars creating visual fantasies to alter our perception of reality" This line in my opinion hinges on the Missile Defence system President G.W Bush is ranting about. I also think it is not necessary.

It is trully engulfing the details of the story, and i love the ending "Oh we won�t fall right away, the rest of the world will come and remove everything left of value until there�s nothing left but barren land, that in time, will be claimed by another country and no amount of blatant bitchery will bring us back!" It tells 1blaquote is concerned, a little bitter but has not lost his patriotism. I like that. I think I can draw from that too. God Bless America and God Bless all the nations of the World toooooooo......


By: BEVAN BEMGBA NYAKUMA

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The work is a damnable indictment of the complicity of our nation. As Americans, we have the right to speak about the unfaire policies of our Administrations.

when the simple words, help me translates into help yourself to me�

I would write,

when the simple words, "help me" translates into: help yourself to me...

I don't like to edit peoples pieces. I like to read a persons works as is. I subscribe to the notion: first thought best thought. I am not a big fan of over punctuation. I feel certain punctuation is written in a particular Western form of speech. Not everyone's inflections can be the same. That would make us clones. If I had my way, I would only use periods and commas and allow the reader to decipher the inflections via the context clues. But this is me. I understand to be fully understood punctuation marks are necessary, but the mechanics of grammar can also get in the way of esoteric or poetic pieces.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Strong words and a very strong sentiment. I think that the ultimate sadness is that many will read a piece such as yours, nod their head and perhaps give you a word of agreement before shrugging their shoulders, walking away and saying 'hey, nothing I can do.' That is why pieces such as this are so important. The more they are written the more people might say 'you know what, I can help change that.' They will only succeed via the ballot boxes so the message needs to be loud and clear.

I would like to see you expand on this piece. It needs editing to improve the flow but once you have ironed out the technical difficulties, I imagine that there is a lot more that you seem to want to say. Don't hold back. Write it all down and dont worry about splurging it all out there. When you have all the points exposed you can refine and diminish to make this an excellent commentary on social issues.

I admire you for speaking up... I so wish that more would and also that many more would read such works. Kudos to you.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 22, 2008
Last Updated on February 24, 2008

Author

1blaquote
1blaquote

Detroit, MI



About
I am a self-published author of "Speak It Loud," a collection of 22 poems filled with food for thought. I am a self proclaimed activist in my community. I am a parent of 3 beautiful children. I beca.. more..

Writing
Intimacy Intimacy

A Poem by 1blaquote



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..