Home Alone

Home Alone

A Chapter by Terri Williams
"

This is an ecxerpt from my new book. I hope you ejoy!

"
It was Friday evening, and we had decided to stay with Nicholas that weekend, because his parents were out of town, at his sister's house. We waited for Nicholas to come by Gwen and Gabriella's house to pick us up, so we could go to the grocery store. Gwen had gotten some money from my Aunt Rebecca, and Nicholas's mom had left him some money for the whole weekend. We bought the food and went back to and went back to Nicholas's house, we had already rented the movies that we were going to watch, we arrived at Nicholas's house about six that evening. We prepared our food, which was frozen pizzas and French fries, then settled in his bedroom to watch the movies we had gotten. The first movie we watched was An American Werewolf in London, this movie was a great classic, and only about an hour and thirty minutes long. I had never seen this movie. I sat and watched the whole movie, and I was really impressed, I actually thought it would've been corny, but it wasn't. After the movie was over, we sat on Nicholas's bed and discussed our favorite parts in the movie. After our discussion, Gwen asked Nicholas if anything strange had happened to him in a while. He said "I've heard a few noises now and then, but nothing to weird. Gabriella asked Nicholas if he ever heard anything hit his bedroom window, he said "No", but I don't think Gabriella was buying it. She was in one of her moods to try and scare us, she kept telling us that the ghost upstairs was coming down to knock on the bedroom door. We laughed it off and put another movie in to watch. Halloween, the first one, was our second choice. Nicholas turned off the lights and started the movie, with it being dark in the room, it was kind of spooky, but I blocked any thoughts of that out of my head and continued to watch the movie. We were all really into the movie, and it seemed like an hour had passed, but it had only been about thirty minutes when we heard a door close.

Nicholas said, "It's probably Gregory coming home from work, we had no reason not to believe him, so we continued watching the movie. Well, the movie was almost over, when we heard a terrible scream outside of Nicholas's window. We looked at each other and jumped in the middle of the bed in a huddle. Gabriella whispered, "Who was that"? Nicholas said, "It's your ghost from upstairs, but instead of knocking, she decided to scream outside my window, and almost make me s**t myself." Gabriella looked at him and replied, "No she's really about to appear behind you and touch your shoulder, that'll really make you s**t your pants." Nicholas grins at her and says, "It was Gregory trying to scare us, because Mom and Dad are gone, but I say we sneak outside and scare him instead." We agreed and slowly made our way through the kitchen to the front door, Gwen grabbed the wind chimes on the door so they wouldn't make a sound. Nicholas opened the door and we all went outside onto the front porch, and tiptoed down the steps. We were trying not to make any noise at all, so Gregory wouldn't hear us. We were all squatted beside the front porch steps and Nicholas said, "On the count of three scream as loud as you can, One...Two...THREE!!!", we started screaming and ran around the corner of the house, to where we thought Gregory to be, but nothing was there. Gwen said, "He must have heard us and ran around to the back of the house." Well instead of going around the back of the house, because there was no light back there, we decided to go back inside the house and go out the back door, with a flashlight. He wasn't inside the house, or in the back yard. We figured he was hiding somewhere and we were goign to let him stay there. We walked back into the bedroom to finish the movie, there was only twenty minutes left of it. We were all sitting on the floor, leaned up against the bed, so we couldn't miss seeing the light in the kitchencome on.

Nicholas laughed and said, "I guess he has given up on trying scaring us anymore." We said nothing and finished the last part of the movie. While Nicholas was rewinding the video, we heard a loud THUMP!, something or someone hit the bedroom door. Nicholas screamed, "You're not scaring us Gregory, so you can stop hitting the door now." We listened for a few seconds and not a word. We had gotten up off the floor and sat in the bed, all but Nicholas, and he was standing in front of the television, trying to think of a way to catch Gregory in the kitchen. He walked over to the bed and whispered to us, that he was goign to jerk the door open and catch him standing there. Gwen and Nicholas walk to the door, then Gwen says, "On three jerk the door open." She got to three and Nicholas pulls hard on the door and swings it back towards him, with his mouth open and ready to yell "Caught ya"!, but instead, he doesn't yell anything. Gwen looks over his shoulder to see what it was, and she ends up slamming the door and locking it, then grabbing Nicholas by the arm and pulled him to the bed to sit down. "What was it"?, I asked. "Nothing", he said, "Nothing at all, there was nobody there." The kitchen light went off and the laughter started. We were all very scared and knew we weren't going to stay in the house this weekend. "The only way we're going to get out of here, is to just open the bedroom door and run as fasr as you can, but stay together.", Nicholas said. We all got up and walked to the door, Nicholas opened it and we all took off running. We made our way through the kitchen, and into the living room in the dark, and out the front door. We ran all the way to Gwen and Gabriella's house. Gwen had already taken her key out to unlock the door with, we stopped long enough for her to that, and when the door was opened, we ran inside locking the door behind us. We went in the kitchen to the table. "What happened back there?", Nicholas asked. We don't know.

Gwen said, "We all thought it was Gregory that screamed outside the bedroom window, and we all thought it was Gregory in the kitchen, but now we know better." "Do we"? Nicholas asked. " The laughter, where did it come from, and who was doing it?"."Gregory's car is parked in the driveway, so I know he's in that house somewhere, it was him, I know it.", Nicholas said. The phone rang and Gwen got up and answered it. "Hello, yes he's here, can I tell him who's calling?", just a moment please." Nicholas the phone is for you, it's your brother, Gregory. Nicholas takes the phone and says, "Where are you Gregory?" With the parents, at our sister's house. "You're a LIAR!!!", Nicholas said, "You're at home." Gregory said, "No I'm not Nicholas, I'm at Shannon's house with Mom and Dad." "Then let me speak to Mother", Nicholas snarled. "Ok, here she is", Gregory said. "Nicholas, my Mother said, is something wrong?" "No Mother, I just thought Gregory was playing a joke on me is all." "Well we'll be home late Sunday afternoon, love you, and call if you need anything, bye." Gregory got back on the phone and said,"Hey little brother, will you make sure that my car is locked before you go to bed, ok?" "Yeah", Nicholas said. When Nicholas hung the phone up, Gwen asked, "Was it him?" "No, he's with my parents." Gabriella and I looked at each other, and then back at them and said, "So who was that in your house?" Nicholas has this frightened look on his face when he said, "I don't know, I just don't know."



© 2008 Terri Williams


Author's Note

Terri Williams
What do you think about this excerpt?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's really nice. Great. Keep writing.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 20, 2008


Author

Terri Williams
Terri Williams

Eight Mile, AL



About
My name is Terri Williams. I have always had this aching in my heart to write. I've written numerous poems and had a few published, but I knew that one day I would write a book. So, here it is 15 year.. more..

Writing