Chapter 1 What I Should be

Chapter 1 What I Should be

A Chapter by Nikki James Wolf
"

A girl, forced to become the heir of the family, changes her gender. The boy that, despite working with him almost everyday, sees only a girl.

"
The Girl Who . . . The Boy That . . .
That's how all titles of an amazing teenage story begin. In this newspaper anyway. I flip between pages 27 and 28 reading and rereading all the articles in the You Will Never Believe It!!! section. I'm already reading the articles,once again, when I stumble upon a story a third time of a girl who was on a hockey team scoring more goals then any other boy, getting them to nationals. My heart just beats a bit faster after I finish reading.

I look over the grey inked pages to my thin laptop ,reading the time on its modern screen
7:30 A.M
At the far corner of the screen I could just make out the stripes of the morning sunlight coming through my window.

Getting up, the leather wheely chair straightens to its full height now that the weight had been lifted.

 I wish my shoulders could be the same.

 I make loud thuds crossing the room to my full body mirror. It only takes three long strides to get there now. Shirtless and with my pants unbuttoned I look at my other self. My pants black, and a bit tight looking in the lower region,gradually loosens and covers my long legs. White socks clad my ten size feet. a streak of light crosses my chest blinding me of what I knew I would see. 

If it was night and I had my bedside lamp on, right before bed I would have stood in front of the mirror looking at my body. If it was night I would have seen my muscular but not bulging frame, then I would have seen the flatness of my chest and my cringing face that appears right after. Too muscled for a girl I would have thought too flat. My eyes, golden orbs, would have run over my body scrutinizing every detail that betrayed me of my rightful gender. Diamond tears would have streaked down my face as I thought, boys don't cry. Afterwards I would cry harder muffling my sobs with my pillow so my dad wouldn't hear. It was like I had a full vase of water inside my chest always tipping over when I needed it to do so the most.

It was what I did every night that I wasn't too tired from the classes dad made me take. Just like the testosterone.

But its not night and I have a class today. I'd have to keep a lid on the vase until tomorrow.

Opening my wardrobe dull suits, dress shirts, and ties showed themselves to me reminding me of what I was and what I couldn't be. I pushed them to the side reaching over to the end to grab casual wear that was more appropriate and less formal for college. A striped navy blue and grey shirt was what ended up in my hand.

Looking in the mirror again, clothed and clean, I looked for facial hair rubbing my sharp jaw for any stubble. Light brown hair drooped over my left eye resting against my high cheekbone that even changing my gender could not get rid of. It felt like such a small victory. My hands swept through my hair flinging my persistent bangs back so that I could see my face, a strand made it back over my forehead and I was about to swipe it away when a thought burst into my mind like a nagging mother, boys don't excessively fidget with their hair.

I straightened from my bent over position and sighed. Stepping back from the mirror a few steps, steps I didn't know I had taken, I stared at myself. Eight years ago, at age eleven, I would have thought I was hot if I saw the man in the mirror walking down the street. Perhaps, I still would if I payed attention to what was around me. Such a thing would horrify dad.

I grabbed the satchel laying on the bed and threw it over my shoulder. Walking by my desk I stopped to pick up my laptop for the presentation today, before closing it I glanced at the screen one more time before shoving it into my bag.
8:25 A.M

I have a few minutes. I settled the satchel beside the wheely chair and felt it sink as I sat down. I grabbed the newspaper from off the desk flipped to pages 27 and 28 and began to read.


© 2014 Nikki James Wolf


Author's Note

Nikki James Wolf
Please, I would appreciate it if you could comment on how you view this character so far. But if it is about how you dislike transgender please do not, I will respect your opinion as long as you respect mine. Reviews are welcome, give me the brutal truth.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on July 16, 2014
Last Updated on July 22, 2014