Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Ellz Claymer
"

A short beginning that needs some work

"

Deep in the heart of the Underdark, beneath Aselereshka, in the city of Menzerberenza there sat a young tiefling assassin named Jarelaxel.  He was hiding in the shadow of a large building, watching people swill in and out of the marketplace, waiting for the sight of his target. 

     She was named Fivear Vortigrind, a drow woman, six feet and seven inches tall, and three-hundred and fifty-two pounds.  She had committed many offenses, including the attempted murder of a drow lordess.  It seemed as though she would be easy to capture, however she was quite elusive in person. 

    Jarelaxel had been on stakeout for over a week now, he was tired.  As if that excused him from almost missing the woman in the dark cloak creeping along the opposite side of the street.  She was almost out of sight.  Almost.  Jarelaxel drew his clan wand and began a complicated chant.. 

    But he never got to the last words, all of the sudden, a huge streak of purple light went flying into the air. 

Jarelaxel didn’t know much in the way of Magi, but he did know that the creature who lived out their lives underground could not use it.  A surface-dweller had invaded the Underdark. 

~

Meanwhile, far above Menzerberanza, in a little village of Aselereshka called Froline there was a large commotion going on in Garrowson’s pub.  A young man had come in to the pub and started a fight for no reason at all. 

    The young man was named Sccyloore Vastrin, he was about four feet tall, and he did, in fact, have a reason for starting a fight in a random pub at mid-day.  While Garrowson, the owner of the pub in question, was trying to break up the fight, Sccyloore was behind the register taking all of the money.  Or he would of taken all of the money had Garrowson not thought to check behind the register. 

    “Hey you,” he called at the young man taking his day’s earnings, “get out of there.” 

    And then Sccyloore did, but not in the normal walking way, rather he just melted into a shadow, but not before he had filled his moneybag three-quarters of the way. 

~

Meanwhile, in another small village, this one called Karim; a sorcerer named Zarádain was dead on the outskirts of town, and his killer, a young blood mage, was sleeping in Gally’s Bed-and-Breakfast. 



© 2010 Ellz Claymer


Author's Note

Ellz Claymer
Okay, Clancy did most of the work...I just went back and editted for my characters. Please tell us what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
Added on April 12, 2010
Last Updated on April 18, 2010
Previous Versions


Author

Ellz Claymer
Ellz Claymer

Rawwwr-nation



About
Hi, We are the dynamic writing team, Eloise and Clancy. We recently started on a d&d game the spawned an idea for a book series. We are hoping that it will work out and that people will like it. Any c.. more..

Writing